Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by godzilla1541 »

HLJ has listings for a new MMS Mogera and SPACEGODZILLA. Hopefully this means new space Godzilla mold like Destroyah

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

godzilla1541 wrote:HLJ has listings for a new MMS Mogera and SPACEGODZILLA. Hopefully this means new space Godzilla mold like Destroyah
Not likely.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Since they also used the old mold for Showa Gigan (and that one IS update-worthy nowadays) I don't see them do a new Spacegodzilla mold - although I'd very much appreciate them to do so. MOGERA's mold did hold up very well from the beginning, though.
Size DOES matter!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Wonder when we're going to get pics of the anime Ghidorah vinyl

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Godzillian wrote:Wonder when we're going to get pics of the anime Ghidorah vinyl
Was just about to type this. You read my mind.

Added in 8 hours 3 minutes 30 seconds:
Although, I'm curious to see how they end up doing the Ghidorah vinyl. From the poster, it looks like he's literally just thousands of miles of necks.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Although, I'm curious to see how they end up doing the Ghidorah vinyl. From the poster, it looks like he's literally just thousands of miles of necks.
He's got a full body, in one of the pamphlets you can see what appears to be his tails and wings. Some have speculated that the worm holes have temporarily distorted his body.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
He's got a full body, in one of the pamphlets you can see what appears to be his tails and wings. Some have speculated that the worm holes have temporarily distorted his body.
Huh. Interesting. It'd be pretty funny if they just made 3 long-ass necks connected to a vinyl wormhole.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

MechaGodzilla had a physical body in the promo material too... we all know how that went in the anime...

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

godzilla1541 wrote:HLJ has listings for a new MMS Mogera and SPACEGODZILLA. Hopefully this means new space Godzilla mold like Destroyah
Ordered. Thanks for the heads up.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

canofhumdingers wrote:MechaGodzilla had a physical body in the promo material too... we all know how that went in the anime...
Yeah but now we have actual footage of Godzilla and Ghidorah fighting - which means he's got to reveal his full body sometime.

Nonetheless a "yarn ball" Ghidorah figure would be hilarious.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
canofhumdingers wrote:MechaGodzilla had a physical body in the promo material too... we all know how that went in the anime...
Yeah but now we have actual footage of Godzilla and Ghidorah fighting - which means he's got to reveal his full body sometime.

Footage? I know about the poster, but have we gotten a trailer that I don't know about?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

DirektorSplennic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

Footage? I know about the poster, but have we gotten a trailer that I don't know about?
https://twitter.com/tajimans/status/1048447675245322240
It's just 8 seconds, the trailer still hasn't released yet.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Yeah but now we have actual footage of Godzilla and Ghidorah fighting - which means he's got to reveal his full body sometime.

https://twitter.com/tajimans/status/1048447675245322240
It's just 8 seconds, the trailer still hasn't released yet.
Oh shit. Cosmic Spaghetti.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I haven’t seen the pamphlet that supposedly shows wings and tails, but that footage is all disembodied necks...

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Very interrelated to see the figure!
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Speaking of the anime MechaGodzilla a few posts back, has the Bandai of that ever been released?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MM Raids Again wrote:Speaking of the anime MechaGodzilla a few posts back, has the Bandai of that ever been released?
Not till November.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Just watched the new trailer for Planet Eater. I'm now even more confused as to how Bandai's gonna pull off a vinyl Ghidorah.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^ Especially in the 1,700 JPY / 6" scale. I'd be less concerned if they'd release it under the "Master Detail" subline like MG'18. I smell a quite shitty release here, but I'm hopefully proven wrong.
Size DOES matter!

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

So how do we know the Gidorah figure is still a thing? The movie is coming soon and the website I saw it listed on, took it down.