Millenium Godzilla Showdown

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
SoggyNoodles2016

Millenium Godzilla Showdown

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The ultimate battle for the title of the strongest Godzilla of the Millenium Era.

Godzilla 1999
vs
Godzilla 2000 (Megaguirus Godzilla)
vs
GMK Godzilla
vs
Kiryu Godzilla
vs
Final Wars Godzilla

Arena: Destroyed Tokyo, Final Wars.

Rules:
No power up for Finalgoji.. Also, he's been shrunk to 65 meters tall, 65 meters long, and 36,000 tons.

Outcome:
Going down the list

G99: A wild card. Intelligent and with a killer nuclear pulse, but weak atomic breath and being easy to knock around makes me unsure.
Chances: 5/10.

G2000: The jack-of-all-trades. The intelligent fighting style of '99, quick reactions and fighting of '04, and some damn impressive reflexes make him a possible contender.
Chances: 7/10.

GMK: The juggernaut (bitch) of the match. Strong, impenatrable to most attacks, and with a devastating atomic breath.
Chances: 9/10.

Kiryu: Sadly, the one who's probably going to go down first. His breath is strong and he has some brutal and strong fighting styles, but he gets easily distracted and overwhelmed by too many foes attacking him at once. In a match with 4 other combatants with some crazy strength, that doesn't bode well.
Chances: 4/10

Final Wars: A brawler with some crazy stats. However, does curbstomping some weak canon fodder mean he can win? Taking in all his abilities (weakish to strong breath, quick fighting and size), I'd say maybe.
Chances: 8/10.

So, I'm giving this to GMK, with Godzilla 2000 and Final Wars close runners ups.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Millenium Godzilla Showdown

Post by JAGzilla »

GMK may be powerful, but he has a crippling weakness in that once he does get injured, and in a fight with four fellow Gudzillers I'd say that's likely to happen, he'll take himself out in short order. So I actually think he might be one of the first to go down, with the others simply outlasting him.

And G2K's breath was blowing massive chunks out of Orga's body, so I don't know that I'd call it weak.

As for the actual question of who would win here, I'll abstain for the time being.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I don't think GMK will be taken out that easily. I don't think any other Godzilla here can replicate a drill going through him internally. Godzilla 2000's breath could do it, but I'm not positive of it. It will take several barrages of atomic rays to put him down.

Anyways, this is a crazy fight, so I'll just rank them by chance of victory.

1. FW Godzilla and G2000 - FW has the skill, but G2000 has the breath. If he doesn't get overwhelmed by FW's vastly superior melee, Godzilla 2000 can win via atomic breath. If Final Wars can close the distance I can see him winning after a long, long time.
2. GMK - Durable, has an okay breath (though it gets pretty devastating when he charges it). He's all right at melee as well. He's the most well-rounded one here, not excelling in anything bar durability.
3. GxMG - Poor man's G2000. Granted, I haven't seen [I}vs. Megaguirus[/I] in ages, so he may be more powerful than I remember.
4. Kiryu Godzilla - He has good atomic breath, but is pretty low on the scale in everything else.
Resized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

I forgot that Godzilla 2000 actually had a strong breath. I guess I assumed it wasn't that strong because it didn't do a lot a damage to the Millennian UFO and forgot what it did to everything else. He's definitely up there.

I disagree on the "poor man's 2000" though. He's a lot like 2000, but a hell of a lot more active fighter. 2000's strategy seems to be cautious study then attack, GxMG is attack the shit out of his opponent while looking for new ways to overpower them. Not to mention his prehensile tail, insane jumping, durability to tank the Dimension Tide, not to mention somehow calculating THE EXACT MOMENT needed to strike the lightning fast Megaguirus TWICE.

Basically, GXMG's is far from the bottom of the combatants.

RIP Evan.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I thought I recalled Megaguirus being fairly paralyzed with pain at the time that he struck (unless you mean biting the tail stinger).

I'm also not sure that I would count tanking Dimension Tide as a durability feat. It's not like the Tide punched him or hit him with some sort of ray; in theory, gravitational forces should have torn things near it apart, but in practice it was treated very much like a portal gun.

Not only do we not know exactly how he was able to overcome it, but I'm not even sure exactly what overcoming it would be an applicable feat for, since we don't know exactly what kind of force it was exerting against him. It seem to act a different way when it was described, in practice when it was test-fired, and when it was fired at the island.

(Personally, I never even thought that he resisted it, but he was sucked into the parallel reality/time that Megaguirus came from, and managed to fight his way back through an unstable warp in the fabric of reality, like the one that Megaguirus first arrived through.)
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SoggyNoodles2016

Zarm wrote:I thought I recalled Megaguirus being fairly paralyzed with pain at the time that he struck (unless you mean biting the tail stinger).
Both biting stinger and ducking at the right moment to sheer off her claw with his spines.
I'm also not sure that I would count tanking Dimension Tide as a durability feat. It's not like the Tide punched him or hit him with some sort of ray; in theory, gravitational forces should have torn things near it apart, but in practice it was treated very much like a portal gun.

Not only do we not know exactly how he was able to overcome it, but I'm not even sure exactly what overcoming it would be an applicable feat for, since we don't know exactly what kind of force it was exerting against him. It seem to act a different way when it was described, in practice when it was test-fired, and when it was fired at the island.

(Personally, I never even thought that he resisted it, but he was sucked into the parallel reality/time that Megaguirus came from, and managed to fight his way back through an unstable warp in the fabric of reality, like the one that Megaguirus first arrived through.)
Yeah, I may have gotten a bit too excited in my "GXMG Godzilla is actually a badass" stage. Still think he's a good combatant, though I won't count Dimension Tide as durability.

Though, that is a nice theory on how he escaped.

RIP Evan.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

In before everyone jumps on GFW's Godzilla's dick again and again claiming he's the strongest fucking Godzilla for the umpteenth time. xMegaguirus took a stinger to the gut, a stinger that should have killed him, and survived. He's not going out like a bitch.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

How do we know it should have killed him?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

LamangoKaijura wrote:In before everyone jumps on GFW's Godzilla's dick again and again claiming he's the strongest fucking Godzilla for the umpteenth time. xMegaguirus took a stinger to the gut, a stinger that should have killed him, and survived. He's not going out like a bitch.
What's more impressive is he heals the wound insanely fast. Biollante regen fast.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

SoggyNoodles2016

It's honestly surprising how x Megaguirus, one of the least memorable Godzillas, is also one with crazy insane feats.

RIP Evan.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

All the Millennium Era Godzillas are dangerous monsters. While the vast majority of them have the same abilities (with crucial differences, to be sure), there are numerous divergences of power that merits analysis.

Who has the most potent Atomic Blast?

Given that this is a battle royal between Godzillas, we need to address this first and foremost because shooting monsters with Atomic Fire is what any sensible Godzilla would do. Not all Godzilla beams are equal. Some are hotter, some pack more concussive force. Then there are Godzilla beams that have the best of both worlds (e.g., emitting high-levels of heat while simultaneously imparting tremendous power).

G2K Godzilla’s Atomic Breath is the hottest, with Kiryu Godzilla’s ranking a close second. G2K Godzilla, as Inferno Rodan previously observed, disintegrated several layers of rock within seconds. Kiryu Godzilla's Atomic Breath offset Kiryu's Absolute Zero Cannon while simultaneously damaging the mighty machine.

Final Goji and Kiryu Godzilla's Atomic Beams pack the most kinetic force. Final Goji's achievements consist of blasting Hedorah and Ebirah thousands of meters into the sky and across the cityscape; Kiryu Godzilla routinely sent Kiryu hurtling hundreds of meters through the air.

Fact is, every Millennia Goji has an impressive Atomic Breath feat, some more than others; however, I think Kiryu Godzilla's Atomic Beam edges out the competition. G2K Goji still has an insanely hot beam his brethren would be wise to avoid. Final Goji and GMK Godzilla* have the potential to catch up, too.

* GMK Godzilla completely disintegrated the Yamato Guardians. They may not be the most durable monsters around, but that is still impressive.

Who is the strongest?

Final Goji dominates in this regard.
He has
-swatted Anguirus away like a baseball with just the use of his tail.
-caught and threw King Caesar like a ragdoll.
-overpowered Monster X through sheer brute force.

Who is the superior fighter?

To answer this, we need to analyze the aesthetics of a Godzilla's fighting style and the formidability of the monsters they fought. Out of all the Millennium Gojis, Final Goji and Gira Goji impressed me the most.

Gira Goji displayed effective fighting tactics, which complemented nicely with his strength and powers. Gira Goji fought Megaguirus, a kaiju that is by no means easy to engage in direct combat. During their fight, Gira Goji forcibly anchored Megaguirus by using her stinger, leaped thousands of feet into the air, and cannonballed the giant insect into the ground. It was perfection.

Final Goji fought and overpowered Monster X, a kaiju that is a physical powerhouse. After several minutes of stalemating each other, Godzilla finally gained the upper hand and gave Monster X one hell of a beating.

I'd say Final Goji is the superior fighter. He fought more dangerous opponents and is vastly stronger than the competition.

Who is the most durable?

G2K: G2K was at ground zero of an explosion of energy that killed Orga.

Gira: Gira survived the Dimension Tide. While it was nowhere near as destructive as a black hole, which is infinitely beyond any Godzilla's pay grade, it's still impressive.

GMK: After getting hit by King Ghidorah's Holy Fireball, GMK Goji incurred only a minor shoulder wound.

Kiryu: Surviving the Absolute Zero Cannon* at point blank--while fighting underwater no less--is impressive.

* Granted, the AZC was diminished by Kiryu Goji's heat ray, but this is still a great durability feat.

Final: Tanked a meteor exploding in his face.

High-end feats aside, all these Godzillas have comparable levels of durability.

Who has the best healing factor?

It's a toss-up between G2K and Gira Goji.

OK, so here are the Millennia Gojis that I think have the best shot at winning:

-Final Goji
-G2K Goji
-Kiryu Goji

To win this battle royal, Final Goji needs to get in close without weathering hits from, say, G2K Goji. Final Goji cannot afford getting blasted repeatedly by G2K's heat ray. If Final Goji gets in close, he wins no matter who he's fighting (though it would take a helluva lot longer for him to beat G2K or Gira Goji, mainly because of their healing factor).

If Final Goji gets caught up in the atomic crossfire of his brethren, which would take him out of this fight, then G2K Goji emerges the victor. What he may lack in fighting skills, strength, and durability, G2K dramatically excels in beam strength and healing feats. Kiryu Goji comes close, but G2K's healing factor clenches it for him.
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

And there's the fan wanking. GFW is peanuts compared to XMegaguirus Goji. He can do small bursts of speed, and was able to stop a flying monster by biting down on a part of her with out getting stung.
Plus, you know, surviving two black holes flung at him.
Black Holes > Meteors in a science regard.

He's seriously more dangerous then people give him credit for. He got stabbed in the gut by a fucking stinger that should have disemboweled him, yanked it out of himself, and slammed Megaguirus into the ground.

He also has better jump skills then GFW Godzilla who needed to use another kaiju as a ramp to spring board himself.

He also was almost able to keep up to speed with super sonic Megaguirus.

Also, his tail is prehensile. No other Godzilla's tails can choke something out. Let us also not forget that Megaguirus Goji is also the only Godzilla on this list that uses his dorsal plates as weapons.
I'd say Final Goji is the superior fighter. He fought more dangerous opponents and is vastly stronger than the competition.
Uh... Megaguirus alone could easily defeat most of, if not all of, the GFW Roster. It helps that most of the kaiju from GFW are dumbasses... Rodan, showing the skills in New York City, suddenly forgot how to pull up when fighting Godzilla at Mt. Fuji?
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

G2K went through several meters of solid rock that covered the nose of the UFO. This wasn't done through pure hot temperatures, but instead prolonged breath concentrated on one area for a period of time. It took 8 seconds to do away the rock. He also cheated with some meager explosive force on initial impact, too.

We see that the breath requires a period of concentration again when looking at his lower showing, the breath on building the UFO was on top of. This same highly proclaimed super heated breath was only capable of leaving a building's top half merely smoking, despite the fact the beam was released with a lengthy charge. Only because he'd briefly swiped his breath we didn't see the same level of results on a much weaker, hollow structure.

It's almost mandatory for G2K to commit his attacks through lengthy charge and beam concentration to create the best results. While GFW and Giragoji are two of the more balanced combatants with other deadlier capabilities.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

I think GFW takes this fight, because he has the most experience.