Gamera 3 Blu Ray Subs

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Gamera 3 Blu Ray Subs

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

The Mill Creek subtitles are atrocioius. I got their replacement disc and the subs still sucked as there were missing lines and poorly translated areas. I just hope someone competent gets the movies at some point and gives us the release we deserve.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MikeSTZillak wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I always considered buying a new copy, but wasn't sure if I was just going to get screwed over and get another defective copy.
The non-defective copies have "63054-12-A" on the disc:
Resized Image
That's cool and all but that requires purchasing and opening said disc. Not like you can figure it out prior to purchase.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

I’ve only watched this once on Blu-Ray, with the finalized Mill Creek subtitles, but I remember understanding the movie much better than I had in all the times I watched the ADV release.

My favorite of the three Mill Creek releases was the one where the subtitles were the size of the screen. I still have a copy of that in storage.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

My copy of Gamera 3 from the Heisei Trilogy box set has mostly pretty good subs except for a few minor typos.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Yep, happened to me too. I'll have to double check mine. But even if it suck, it's still watchable.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

My copy of Gamera 3 has shitty subtitles as well. They're not that but there are some missing lines here and there. I've only watched the film once because of it. I'd love to get a new copy, but I also don't wanna take any chances.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Not G3 but I noticed that the Guardian subtitle track doesn’t subtitle any of the on screen text outside of the title. I haven’t compared them just yet but I suspect those subs came from the first ADV release where all that text was translated through crappy superimposed graphics. And while those subs aren’t dubtitles, I thought there were a few lines where the translation didn’t seem accurate. I’m not holding my breath but I hope there’s a new translation for all three films in their next U.S. release.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Maritonic wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I always considered buying a new copy, but wasn't sure if I was just going to get screwed over and get another defective copy.
The non-defective copies have "63054-12-A" on the disc:
Resized Image
That's cool and all but that requires purchasing and opening said disc. Not like you can figure it out prior to purchase.
I checked my copy and it's got the right code number. Can hardly wait to watch it when I get the chance!
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.