Say Something Negative About "Shin Gojira"

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Mechagigan
Futurian

Re: Say Something Negative About "Shin Gojira"

Post by Mechagigan »

If a Shin sequel is made, I imagine it'll feel similar to G'84 versus the rest of the Heisei series. They're all part of the same run, but '84 stands out in more than a few ways.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Indeed. G'84 is in my top 3 favorites list. From the music, the action, the tension, the effects, and how they handled the infamous Cold War.

garuda89
Ronin

Post by garuda89 »

It gave the pseudo-intellectual film school rejects on this forum a movie to worship to the point of frothing over the mouth at every review that doesn't give it a perfect score (looking at you goji and watch). I know you believe it deep down inside but liking a Godzilla movie doesn't make you smarter than others. In fact, claiming intellectual superiority over taste in Godzilla movies actually shows how much of a manchild you are.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I resent that! I'm a pseudo-intellectual film school graduate, thank you very much! I am actually qualified to teach pseudo-intellectual film analysis at the university level!
Last edited by eabaker on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

garuda89 wrote:It gave the pseudo-intellectual film school rejects on this forum a movie to worship to the point of frothing over the mouth at every review that doesn't give it a perfect score (looking at you goji and watch). I know you believe it deep down inside but liking a Godzilla movie doesn't make you smarter than others. In fact, claiming intellectual superiority over taste in Godzilla movies actually shows how much of a manchild you are.
Yikes! They're just monster movies, no need to get peeved over it.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

This is gonna be fun...
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

garuda89
Ronin

Post by garuda89 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
garuda89 wrote:It gave the pseudo-intellectual film school rejects on this forum a movie to worship to the point of frothing over the mouth at every review that doesn't give it a perfect score (looking at you goji and watch). I know you believe it deep down inside but liking a Godzilla movie doesn't make you smarter than others. In fact, claiming intellectual superiority over taste in Godzilla movies actually shows how much of a manchild you are.
>Claim intellectual superiority because you like a monster movie that someone else doesn't
>get called out for it
>"I'm not the one taking it too seriously, YOU ARE"

For the record, I couldn't give less of a shit about anyone's opinions of this franchise, your favorite movie could be fucking Godzilla's Revenge and I would not think anything less of you. But the smug elitist attitudes need to stop. Just in this thread alone I've seen more of it than I can stomach. You know why everyone else sees this place as the cesspool of Godzilla fan sites? This is why. Because a significant portion of you act like this and the moderators allow it.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

garuda89 wrote: >Claim intellectual superiority because you like a monster movie that someone else doesn't
>get called out for it
Why are you greentexting outside of 4chan? And where did this narrative come from?!
You know why everyone else sees this place as the cesspool of Godzilla fan sites? This is why. Because a significant portion of you act like this and the moderators allow it.
What does this have to do Shin Godzilla?

Man I can't believe we have trolls from r/godzilla over here. Yikes!
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

garuda89 wrote:I couldn't give less of a shit about anyone's opinions of this franchise[...]But the smug elitist attitudes need to stop.
Your posts read like some kind of weird parody. Why should anyone listen to anything you say when you clearly have no interest in anything besides insulting and talking down to people? The holier-than-thou attitude isn't any better coming from you just because you're trying to claim (out of nowhere) some sort of moral superiority because you think the way some people write their posts isn't nice enough. The thread isn't called "Say Something Negative About 'Shin Gojira' And We'll All Pretend It's Completely Objective" is it?

If you think this site is so horrible, why are you here? This reminds me think of a very specific subset of fans who really like G14 and get really defensive whenever Shin Godzilla mentioned because they think it stole Legendary's thunder within the fandom or something. Bizarre.

Also, "cesspool of Godzilla fan sites" what other sites are there? /r/godzilla? Kaiju Combat forums? :lol:
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

garuda89 wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
>Claim intellectual superiority because you like a monster movie that someone else doesn't
>get called out for it

For the record, I couldn't give less of a poop about anyone's opinions of this franchise, your favorite movie could be skreeonking Godzilla's Revenge and I would not think anything less of you. But the smug elitist attitudes need to stop. Just in this thread alone I've seen more of it than I can stomach. You know why everyone else sees this place as the cesspool of Godzilla fan sites? This is why. Because a significant portion of you act like this and the moderators allow it.
Let's not start a flame war talking about if TK sucks or not or people who like/defend Shin. If you and GojiandWatch want to continue this discussion, take it to the PMs.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Tarbosaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Tarbosaurus »

Well to get back on track. I'd have liked Godzilla to be a bit more active. Most destruction is caused solely by beam use and Godzilla walking forward and that isn't bad, but I'd have liked him to drag his tail through some buildings, swat at some others, and knowingly stomp on structures. Shin's grown on me but he comes off as pretty lethargic to be honest.
"That's what I get for attacking a pirate-scientist." - POLE7645 on Ogata's life choices

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Some parts of the movie kinda dragged whenever Godzilla wasn't the main focus. Others were a bit long and could've been trimmed of the excess fat.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

The first form we see of Godzilla is really goofy looking, and always gets a laugh whenever I watch the movie with friends.

Whether or not that is a negative, I guess is up to you.
Last edited by GojiDog on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

GojiDog wrote:The first form we see of Godzilla is really goofy looking, and always gets a laugh whenever I watch the movie with friends.

Whether or not that is a negative, I guess is up to you.
I view it as a negative
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I find Godzilla's lack of mobility kinda dull. He often lacks energy that most other other incarnations have.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Shin's song has more personality than himself.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Shin is a 2010s, chiefly CGI creation that is less emotive or active than Mr. Nakajima under hot studio lamps in a 200+ pound suit.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I’m happy there’s not going to be a sequel.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I’m happy there’s not going to be a sequel.
This. Not out of any spite granted, but because I don't feel there is much they could do without it being a retread or drastically changing "Godzilla" with the humanoids. Shin works best as a one-off movie, not a saga in my honest opinion.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Agreed. If anything, it's a complement; the film perfectly captures everything it's trying to; getting the Indiana Jones IV treatment of a superfluous sequel would probably be a diminishment. Wanting it to stand on its own is, in its roundabout way, a desire for preserving its integrity.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!