Stranger Things

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
The One and Only
Futurian

Re: Stranger Things

Post by The One and Only »

Come to the new hot spot all the happenin' teens ,and cool kids go to in Hawkins. The Starcourt Mall. Sadly we'll have to wait till 1986 for it open.
Spoiler:
Wonder if this new hot spot will be built on the former location of the Hawkins Energy Research Center ? Leading to some scenes of mall related terror like DAWN OF THE DEAD, CHOPPING MALL, and MALLRATS ?
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is it possible that in Season 3 (or 4) Johnathan or Steve could end up getting Nancy pregnant?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

LegendZilla wrote:Is it possible that in Season 3 (or 4) Johnathan or Steve could, end up getting Nancy pregnant?
I mean, yeah, it's possible for the writers to think of that, and thus it's possible that it could happen in the show.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Here's another idea : Should the series eventually include a battle between 2 monsters?

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Any release date yet? Oct is fastly approaching.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Could there be a possibility that any of the main cast could be revealed as LGBT? If so, I am guessing Will would be.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

LegendZilla wrote:Could there be a possibility that any of the main cast could be revealed as LGBT? If so, I am guessing Will would be.
Why does it matter?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Could there be a possibility that any of the main cast could be revealed as LGBT? If so, I am guessing Will would be.
Why does it matter?
I am just curious. It would be beneficial for some LGBT representation in the series. Also, I have some other theories regarding Billy :

1. He will willingly let himself get possessed by the Mind Flayer to enact revenge on the gang.
2. He will murder his abusive father alas Henry Bowers of It fame.
3. He will end up having an affair with Mike Wheeler's mom as a shocking twist.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LegendZilla wrote: I am just curious. It would be beneficial for some LGBT representation in the series.
Representation for the sake of fulfilling some daft quota would not be beneficial at all.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LegendZilla wrote: I am just curious. It would be beneficial for some LGBT representation in the series.
Representation for the sake of fulfilling some daft quota would not be beneficial at all.
Daft quota?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

As in 'quota that is a dumb and arbitrary,' I believe.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

LegendZilla wrote:3. He will end up having an affair with Mike Wheeler's mom as a shocking twist.
That will not be a shocking twist at all. If anything, their moment together in the last episode was foreshadowing. :P
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

They already have a gay character though, so that quota's been filled.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:They already have a gay character though, so that quota's been filled.
They do? Who am I forgetting?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

It's possible that the writers might have some reason to make a character gay that - shocking as this may seem - is in no way about filling a quota.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Zarm wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:They already have a gay character though, so that quota's been filled.
They do? Who am I forgetting?
The abusive brother to the new girl that was introduced in Season 2.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

He was? I had not realized that (or had forgotten, if it was explicitly indicated).
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Zarm wrote:He was? I had not realized that (or had forgotten, if it was explicitly indicated).
Yeah, his mannerisms, the way he acted around people, all screamed that he was gay but couldn't say anything because his dad is clearly a homophobe. As such, he vents out his frustration by bullying others.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

You all suspect that Billy is gay, yet he clearly showed attraction to Ms.Wheeler. If he’s not gay, maybe he’s at least bisexual.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Billy? No, that's Jason. Billy's the black kid :-p
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.