Your fears for The World of Godzilla

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Your fears for The World of Godzilla

Post by LegendZilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: I'm legitimately perplexed, I-I-I just don't know man. I mean I get what he's trying to say, I think, but the way he presents his argument just doesn't work.
It’s a reference to the omni viewer’s videos on YouTube when he critiqued the anime Godzilla films. Here’s one example.]
It's a reference, so you agree with him. Yeah, I barely watch that guy, he's just another whiny Godzilla youtube channel. I only watch Godziller yt channels like Wikizilla or Vrahno. I did watch one of omni's recent videos where he made some stupid analogy about a meteor or something in relation to one of his "points" against the anime...... I just gave up after that.
Why does he come across as merely a petty whiner to you?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
It’s a reference to the omni viewer’s videos on YouTube when he critiqued the anime Godzilla films. Here’s one example.]
It's a reference, so you agree with him. Yeah, I barely watch that guy, he's just another whiny Godzilla youtube channel. I only watch Godziller yt channels like Wikizilla or Vrahno. I did watch one of omni's recent videos where he made some stupid analogy about a meteor or something in relation to one of his "points" against the anime...... I just gave up after that.
I don't hate him, it's just the tone him and others (like Gojira5400) use when "critiquing" the new films. They're entitled to have opinions of course, but they get so overdramatic saying things like "oh I just can't trust Toho to make Godzilla movies anymore" and stuff like that.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: It's a reference, so you agree with him. Yeah, I barely watch that guy, he's just another whiny Godzilla youtube channel. I only watch Godziller yt channels like Wikizilla or Vrahno. I did watch one of omni's recent videos where he made some stupid analogy about a meteor or something in relation to one of his "points" against the anime...... I just gave up after that.
I don't hate him, it's just the tone him and others (like Gojira5400) use when "critiquing" the new films. They're entitled to have opinions of course, but they get so overdramatic saying things like "oh I just can't trust Toho to make Godzilla movies anymore" and stuff like that.
If YouTube and hardcore Godzilla fandom had existed at the time, we'd have had declarations that Toho had ruined the series forever when GRA came out.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

eabaker wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
If YouTube and hardcore Godzilla fandom had existed at the time, we'd have had declarations that Toho had ruined the series forever when GRA came out.
How so? By adding another monster for him to fight or stripping most of the dark tone away?

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

LegendZilla wrote:
eabaker wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: I don't hate him, it's just the tone him and others (like Gojira5400) use when "critiquing" the new films. They're entitled to have opinions of course, but they get so overdramatic saying things like "oh I just can't trust Toho to make Godzilla movies anymore" and stuff like that.
How so? By adding another monster for him to fight or stripping most of the dark tone away?
I think you're looking a little too hard at my reply. I was commenting on the forest, not the trees.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

LegendZilla wrote:
It’s a reference to the omni viewer’s videos on YouTube when he critiqued the anime Godzilla films. Here’s one example.
If that’s the excuse you’re going to use for spamming threads with stupid ass analogies that make no sense, then I suggest finding a new person to reference if you absolutely can’t form an opinion on your own, because half of what you say just sounds dumb… just sayin.
Not bashing you, just honestly trying to help.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
It’s a reference to the omni viewer’s videos on YouTube when he critiqued the anime Godzilla films. Here’s one example.
If that’s the excuse you’re going to use for spamming threads with stupid ass analogies that make no sense, then I suggest finding a new person to reference if you absolutely can’t form an opinion on your own, because half of what you say just sounds dumb… just sayin.
Not bashing you, just honestly trying to help.
I take it that the issue is not that I have a different opinion from the masses, but rather the way I present myself with it. If so, I apologize, but it’s not a crime to cite some one else to help validate said opinion. It’s not like I intend to bash other people for thinking different. I hope you can forgive me. ;)

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

No one cares whether or not you have a different opinion, the fact of the matter is, you keep making these ass ignorant analogies that absolutely make no sense in the context of anything and it makes you seem like you have no idea what you’re talking about.
You’re not really validating anything, you’re just making yourself seem dumb.
Would you be fine with King Kong being re-imagined as a snow leopard instead of a giant ape?
See, let me pick apart how -------- this is…
He’s referring to Godzilla becoming a plant based monster in the Anime trilogy, so he compares this to turning Kong into a snow leopard? This obviously doesn’t make any sense because that would imply completely changing Kong to the point it wouldn’t even resemble him anymore, you may not like the Anime trilogy, but Godzilla’s change is no where near as drastic as the comparison you made because he still resembles Godzilla in literally every way, the only difference is the origin, his appearance remains the same.

Anime Godzilla being a “Godzilla 2014” shaped monster with distant plant-life origins = Kong being turned into a completely different species of animal, yeah that analogy is trash, as is the source you got it from.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Do you still call BS on his arguments on their own as well?

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LegendZilla wrote:^Do you still call BS on his arguments on their own as well?
No sure about mr happy lava dude (srry m8 cant remember your name) but I certainly do. Like, holy shit, he's about as pretentious as you can get without being Gojira5400
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:^Would you be fine with King Kong being re-imagined as a snow leopard instead of a giant ape? Would it work as long if it fits the context of the story?
You're grasping at straws and making huge analogies that wouldn't happen. King Kong being a snow leopard? I mean really dude.
I mean, they made Godzilla a giant frilled shark in Shin. Kong being a snow leopard doesn't even come close to that. :lol:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:^Would you be fine with King Kong being re-imagined as a snow leopard instead of a giant ape? Would it work as long if it fits the context of the story?
You're grasping at straws and making huge analogies that wouldn't happen. King Kong being a snow leopard? I mean really dude.
I mean, they made Godzilla a giant frilled shark in Shin. Kong being a snow leopard doesn't even come close to that. :lol:
To be fair, that "frilled shark" ended up looking like the traditional Godzilla in the end, which what really matters in the end. A snow leopard looks nothing like an ape. I think a kaiju's design aesthetics should be prioritized over their species.

Regardless of Shin Godzilla's species, he's still clearly recognizable as Godzilla. A giant snow leopard wouldn't.

Starting to think people are way too attached to the idea of Godzilla specifically being a dinosaur, it's not really that important to his character. At least, not nearly as much as his design aesthetics/silhouette, his roar, his characterization/personality, and what he stands for.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:38 am, edited 5 times in total.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SHin Godzilla is a marine reptile (something that Omni apparently doesn't know, as it appears he still thinks he's a microorganism), and even if it WERE a frilled shark, the thing is still a prehistoric marine animal that gets mutated by radiation and ends up looking like your typical obese, frog-eyed 50's tyrannosaurus so it ends up fine in the end.

Making Kong a snow leopard is a different story. In SG, the mutated animal ends up growing into a form we can safely call "Godzilla". It has dorsal plates, it has clawed feet and forearms and an upright posture, it has sharp teeth, a dinosaurian look, and can fire energy beams. Making Kong a snow leopard is a bad comparison because as a character King Kong is a giant anthropoid ape. Making him a snow leopard destroys the character because it's too much of a departure from the original design. Hell, even G.I.N.O. is closer to Godzilla than a snow leopard is to King Kong.

The Godzilla in planet of the monsters is a plant, sure. However, it looks and acts like Godzilla should: A giant, aggressive reptilian monster. A snow leopard does not look like or act like Kong in any way whatsoever. Omni Viewer's comparison is flawed and wrong.
Last edited by Gawdziller1954 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^If you were a detractor if Shin, what do you think would be an adequate comparison?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LegendZilla wrote:^If you were a detractor if Shin, what do you think would be an adequate comparison?
I think I've had enough comparisons for one lifetime.

ooh oooh, well said Gawdziller.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LegendZilla wrote:^If you were a detractor if Shin, what do you think would be an adequate comparison?
I'm not sure what you're requesting, so be more clear. I'm going to answer what I THINK you're asking.

Making Kong an orangutan (which he is related to in the 2005 version and resembles in the Toho universe) instead of a gorilla. See, that changes the origin but still has him resemble a giant anthropoid ape.

Added in 6 minutes 39 seconds:
Furthermore, what does being a detractor of shin have to do with pointing out a flawed and bad comparison between the origin change of 2 famous monsters?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Just how are my complaints any different from how most of you people doing such over whatever problems you may have in the Heisei series?

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

LegendZilla wrote:Just how are my complaints any different from how most of you people doing such over whatever problems you may have in the Heisei series?
What are you even talking about?
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

LegendZilla wrote:Just how are my complaints any different from how most of you people doing such over whatever problems you may have in the Heisei series?
Because they have nothing in common aside from being complaints?

You might as well just drop this you keep trying to draw comparisons that just aren't there instead of actually backing up your own points.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Because the comparisons you bring up to justify your complaints are not just bad, they're completely unoriginal and untrue.