Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Actors you will like to see in the Monsterverse

Post by BlankAccount »

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Image
PitchBlackProgress wrote:I'd like to see Akira Takarada appear (and not have his scene deleted)
Honestly, I'd just like to see his scene from 2014 at some point. Just release it on YouTube or something and he wouldn't have to appear in any of the other films again as far as I'm concerned. (That's not to say that I wouldn't love for him to have a proper cameo at some point if he's able and inclined.)
I just went looking for it, I remember finding it on YouTube once but now I can't find it.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

In addition to Cumberbatch, we might as well see Martin Freeman as well since both are destined to be in everything together.

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:I'd like to see Akira Takarada appear (and not have his scene deleted)
Honestly, I'd just like to see his scene from 2014 at some point. Just release it on YouTube or something and he wouldn't have to appear in any of the other films again as far as I'm concerned. (That's not to say that I wouldn't love for him to have a proper cameo at some point if he's able and inclined.)
I've often wondered what the thought process was behind not including that scene. They made a slightly big deal about it when it was announced, posting a picture of Gareth and Akira on social media and everything. It gave the film and the buildup to it abit more of a special feeling. And then his scene is cut. Why? Just the fact that they could have had THE Godzilla actor in the movie is enough of a reason to leave the scene in. I mean, does it really matter if it technically wasn't needed or didn't add anything to the narrative? Would an extra 10 seconds in the film have made that much of a difference?
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Not to sound to negative, but part of me thinks that Takarada is not long for this world...

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:
I've often wondered what the thought process was behind not including that scene. They made a slightly big deal about it when it was announced, posting a picture of Gareth and Akira on social media and everything. It gave the film and the buildup to it abit more of a special feeling. And then his scene is cut. Why? Just the fact that they could have had THE Godzilla actor in the movie is enough of a reason to leave the scene in. I mean, does it really matter if it technically wasn't needed or didn't add anything to the narrative? Would an extra 10 seconds in the film have made that much of a difference?
2 minutes.

Test audainances were like "the movie needs to get going". I'd like to add that the Male Muto had already hatched at this point. -_-

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

I'd like to see Gary Oldman play a great character who could pointlessly die.

Michael Cain could also play a great character who could... also pointlessly die.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt would do a great job... for 30 minutes.

Akira Takarada would be amazing... in a deleted scene.

:huge:
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Living Corpse wrote:
Mecha-SpaceGhidorah wrote: Honestly, I'd just like to see his scene from 2014 at some point. Just release it on YouTube or something and he wouldn't have to appear in any of the other films again as far as I'm concerned. (That's not to say that I wouldn't love for him to have a proper cameo at some point if he's able and inclined.)
2 minutes.

Test audainances were like "the movie needs to get going". I'd like to add that the Male Muto had already hatched at this point. -_-
Really? Wow, I didn't realize there was that much footage shot. Still, they could have cut just that scene down a bit. Atleast show the poor guy's face on screen. The way I look at it, if they really wanted Akira Takarada in their Godzilla movie, they would have done what they could to make it happen.

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

AtomicMorningBreath wrote:The way I look at it, if they really wanted Akira Takarada in their Godzilla movie, they would have done what they could to make it happen.
It most likely could have been done, but without seeing the scene it's hard to say. Honestly, I feel that the filmmakers could have delayed godzilla's reveal for two minutes and not have hurt the film with general audiences any more than the teasing and lack of Bryan Cranston already did.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

BlacktimusPrime wrote:I'd like to see Gary Oldman play a great character who could pointlessly die.

Michael Cain could also play a great character who could... also pointlessly die.

JGL was supposed to be in G14 until he had to bow out do to scheduling conflicts.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
BlacktimusPrime wrote:I'd like to see Gary Oldman play a great character who could pointlessly die.

JGL was supposed to be in G14 until he had to bow out do to scheduling conflicts.
Yeah I know. I actually liked ATJ as Ford, but JGL would've been great too, I'm sure.
Coobzilla03 wrote:

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Sean Bean can be cast as a real compelling character who...lives! SWERVE! :lol:

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Sean Bean can be cast as a real compelling character who...lives! SWERVE! :lol:
Is M. Night Shamalan (sp?) directing it? Cause that's a TWIST! :lol:
Last edited by BlacktimusPrime on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coobzilla03 wrote:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Honestly I wouldn't expect any big A class Hollywood names. We'll probably just keep getting the same, top flight actors from popular and critically lauded TV series.

Added in 1 minute 21 seconds:
That said I'd still love to see Michael Emerson in some sort of shady role.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Honestly I wouldn't expect any big A class Hollywood names. We'll probably just keep getting the same, top flight actors from popular and critically lauded TV series.

Added in 1 minute 21 seconds:
That said I'd still love to see Michael Emerson in some sort of shady role.
What was he in?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Ben from Lost.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Ben from Lost.
As what sort of character?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Shady, shifty, and creepy. He'd be great as a shady higher up in Monarch. He can play a good guy though, he was also Mr. Finch in Person of Interest. I believe he was a bad guy in this past season of Arrow too.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Shady, shifty, and creepy. He'd be great as a shady higher up in Monarch. He can play a good guy though, he was also Mr. Finch in Person of Interest. I believe he was a bad guy in this past season of Arrow too.
Oh shit, i forgot he was in lost too. PoI was phenomenal, I'd love him to find a place in the monsterverse.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Its a shame this isn't the 80s. Then we'd get Arnold and Sly tearing it up with the monsters.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

GojiDog wrote:Its a shame this isn't the 80s. Then we'd get Arnold and Sly tearing it up with the monsters.
Or the 90’s.