Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
DirektorSplennic
Interpol Agent

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:37 am

Godzillian wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Super excited for this Baragon. I hope they keep the premium figures coming

At G-fest a representative said that Varan is one kaiju they'd love to do a figure for so fingers crossed.

Quick question, how big are these premium figures? If they do a Varan, I'd want him in scale with my dozens of other 6 inch vinyls

Like 7 inches I guess. They're bigger then the 6 inch but smaller then the 8 inch

Damn it
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

Petezilla
G-Grasper

Postby Petezilla » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:56 am

KingKaiju wrote:I’m loving the line though. We’re getting nicely detailed figures of more obscure Kaijuu. I can only hope that, in the future, we get other characters like Gezora, Kameobas, Varan, Dogora, etc.

That'd be awesome. I'd already wished farewell to the line after the 3 Frankensteins and assumed it was shelved early. Nice they're still moving forward after a full year of nothing.
Size DOES matter!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Postby KingKaiju » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:55 pm

Petezilla wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:I’m loving the line though. We’re getting nicely detailed figures of more obscure Kaijuu. I can only hope that, in the future, we get other characters like Gezora, Kameobas, Varan, Dogora, etc.

That'd be awesome. I'd already wished farewell to the line after the 3 Frankensteins and assumed it was shelved early. Nice they're still moving forward after a full year of nothing.

Has it really been a year since Frankenstein was released?? TBH I haven’t paid much attention.

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:47 pm

KingKaiju wrote:Yeah. I actually didn’t have much trouble getting the Gargantuas. Skipped over Frankenstein, but even now I’m not all too concerned. I’m loving the line though. We’re getting nicely detailed figures of more obscure Kaiju. I can only hope that, in the future, we get other characters like Gezora, Kameobas, Varan, Dogora, etc.

Go get yourself a box of Saran wrap, you can MAKE your own Dogora... :P

DirektorSplennic
Interpol Agent

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:49 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Yeah. I actually didn’t have much trouble getting the Gargantuas. Skipped over Frankenstein, but even now I’m not all too concerned. I’m loving the line though. We’re getting nicely detailed figures of more obscure Kaiju. I can only hope that, in the future, we get other characters like Gezora, Kameobas, Varan, Dogora, etc.

I wanna do that now
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

KingKaiju
Futurian

Postby KingKaiju » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:16 pm

MandaSaurus wrote:

I would try, but I'd probably end up like this:

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Postby SpaceG92 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:48 pm

KingKaiju wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:

I would try, but I'd probably end up like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ru9LfkScRQ

Hmmm...on the topic of making your own.

IIRC there might be a 3D model someone made for use in 3D printing. Might want to ask around.

Otherwise, you can try using Saran Wrap and Water Wings ;)

Wonder when we'll get the pics for MMS Ghidorah. IIRC he's on the low side of the yen which has me worried. Hopefully he get's the Movie Monster Master Series release.

godzilla1541
Futurian

Postby godzilla1541 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:19 pm

SpaceG92 wrote:

Wonder when we'll get the pics for MMS Ghidorah. IIRC he's on the low side of the yen which has me worried. Hopefully he get's the Movie Monster Master Series release.

He’s probably gonna be Tiny AF. Hey. There’s always the chance he scales with the 3.5” AniGoji tho.

I am patiently waiting for the release of the MMS Gigan reissue. Mostly because I wanna Custom the poop out of it. Also. Recently purchased a MMS Fire Rodan for $18 shipped on eBay. Seems like a good deal seeing how much that figure goes for nowadays. It’s a bit worn,doesn’t have a tag and the paint looks to have rubbed off on the chest spikes, but I think it’s a fair price. However I won’t know till it arrives in the coming weeks. Can’t wait to see people’s reactions when I cut it up.

Mkyuncle
Yojimbo

Postby Mkyuncle » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:55 pm

OGMechaMothra wrote:Premium Bandai BARAGON is coming in January 2019! It includes Frankenstein's hand as a bonus.
[url]p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000128373[/url]

I could not do a membership for Premium Bandai to order Baragon. Argghhh!!! So far only Amok time has it up, but it's $134.99. :(

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:17 pm

Mkyuncle wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:Premium Bandai BARAGON is coming in January 2019! It includes Frankenstein's hand as a bonus.

I could not do a membership for Premium Bandai to order Baragon. Argghhh!!! So far only Amok time has it up, but it's $134.99. :(

There are plenty of other places to get Baragon then amok time. 134 is more then double price

OGMechaMothra
Samurai

Postby OGMechaMothra » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:15 pm

Godzillian wrote:
Mkyuncle wrote:

There are plenty of other places to get Baragon then amok time. 134 is more then double price

I haven't seen it for preorder yet anywhere else but Amok and BBTS are pricey and Bandai-Online doesn't package their figures very well although they are cheaper than most. They shipped me a broken frankie and it took like 2 months with PayPal involved to get a refund.
Last edited by OGMechaMothra on Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Postby KingKaiju » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:18 pm

Yes. Please let me know. Other than private sellers, I don’t know where else to look other than Amok Timez

MandaSaurus
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby MandaSaurus » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:55 pm

KingKaiju wrote:Yes. Please let me know. Other than private sellers, I don’t know where else to look other than Amok Timez

Yes, where else can we get the Premium Bandai Baragon?

Mkyuncle
Yojimbo

Postby Mkyuncle » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:05 am

MandaSaurus wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Yes. Please let me know. Other than private sellers, I don’t know where else to look other than Amok Timez

I just pre-ordered Premium Bandai Baragon.

I am willing to take the chance that it will arrive okay. I was lucky with my monster Frankenstein with them. I opted for Registered AirMail Shipping at $19.70. Ouch!!! I used paypal. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Still not available from ebay yet. That might be a lot cheaper, but I'm too impatient to wait.

Kurama Toyshop has it for $69.90

Underground Monster Baragon - Bandai OnLine
http://www.bandaionline.com/copy-of-ultraman-r-b-dx-orb-dark-caliber/

swfreakjpb
Ronin

Postby swfreakjpb » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:27 pm

Baragon in January.
I want an Octopus

OGMechaMothra
Samurai

Postby OGMechaMothra » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:09 am

Mkyuncle wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:

I just pre-ordered Premium Bandai Baragon.

I am willing to take the chance that it will arrive okay. I was lucky with my monster Frankenstein with them. I opted for Registered AirMail Shipping at $19.70. Ouch!!! I used paypal. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Still not available from ebay yet. That might be a lot cheaper, but I'm too impatient to wait.

Kurama Toyshop has it for $69.90

Underground Monster Baragon - Bandai OnLine
http://www.bandaionline.com/copy-of-ultraman-r-b-dx-orb-dark-caliber/

Kurama Toyshop is the place that sent me a broken frankie because they didnt package him correctly. It took me 2 months of fighting with them to get a refund. They told me the shipping was my fault. I would never ever buy from them again even if I had to pay double.

ゴジマン
JXSDF Technician

Postby ゴジマン » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Anyone interested in the recent Biollante figure? PM me if you're interested.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

godzilla1541
Futurian

Postby godzilla1541 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Recently bought a used MMS fire Rodan for $18. Customed it.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:29 pm

This news gives me a bit of hope for Bandai in the west : http://news.tokunation.com/2018/09/21/b ... orts-55838
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

bonziebonzie
Ronin

Postby bonziebonzie » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:18 am

LegendZilla wrote:This news gives me a bit of hope for Bandai in the west : http://news.tokunation.com/2018/09/21/b ... orts-55838

It would be great if we could get imports of Godzilla figures. With the Neca Line and Bandai line, Godzilla could have a really nice shelf prescence at retailers. Also means we don’t have to pay import fees or rely on Bandai Creation’s line for a quick Godzilla fix!

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”