The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by KingKong2005 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:Yall know what's cringe to me? The overuse of Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah!
Although I wouldn't consider that cringe, I agree with you about Mothra and KG. Rodan....... we haven't seen enough of him.

Honestly I think the word "cringe" has lost its meaning.
If it's not Rodan it's MechaGodzilla. Legendary is the only era we haven't seen him in and I'm hoping it stays that way. I wouldn't call it cringe, just an annoying pattern.
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KingKong2005 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:Yall know what's cringe to me? The overuse of Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah!
Although I wouldn't consider that cringe, I agree with you about Mothra and KG. Rodan....... we haven't seen enough of him.

Honestly I think the word "cringe" has lost its meaning.
If it's not Rodan it's MechaGodzilla. Legendary is the only era we haven't seen him in and I'm hoping it stays that way. I wouldn't call it cringe, just an annoying pattern.
True, true. Anguirus is the one who's long overdue for a MV treatment of badassery and attention.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you KK2005's shortest post.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Me, seeing literally anything I don’t love: haha cringe amiright my fellow redditors?

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you KK2005's shortest post.
Lol so am I known for overly long posts around here? :lol:
Image Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Vatarian wrote:Me, seeing literally anything I don’t love: haha cringe amiright my fellow redditors?
Why does this thread bother you so much, this is the second time in less than a week you've commented on the cringe of people vocalizing their cringe, which seems rather ironic don't you think? Not attacking, I'm just curious honestly.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Maritonic wrote:
Vatarian wrote:Me, seeing literally anything I don’t love: haha cringe amiright my fellow redditors?
Why does this thread bother you so much, this is the second time in less than a week you've commented on the cringe of people vocalizing their cringe, which seems rather ironic don't you think? Not attacking, I'm just curious honestly.
Honestly? Because in my time on the internet, I’ve seen the whole concept used to bash dopey kids just enjoying themselves a lot. I’ve seen it used to bash people minding their own business, but doing anything deemed uncool.

The concept may have a fitting time and a place, but from what I’ve seen, it’s almost never used for that. And, frequently, it’s used BY people who are more worthy of the term than the person they’re mocking.

In general, to me, it feels like the grown-up online version of middle schoolers calling other middleschoolers uncool because they like something the other kid doesn’t. And I don’t dig that.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Vatarian wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Honestly? Because in my time on the internet, I’ve seen the whole concept used to bash dopey kids just enjoying themselves a lot. I’ve seen it used to bash people minding their own business, but doing anything deemed uncool.

The concept may have a fitting time and a place, but from what I’ve seen, it’s almost never used for that. And, frequently, it’s used BY people who are more worthy of the term than the person they’re mocking.

In general, to me, it feels like the grown-up online version of middle schoolers calling other middleschoolers uncool because they like something the other kid doesn’t. And I don’t dig that.
Thank you for explaining, I can absolutely respect that. I've seen that myself. I'm not sure this thread is always used for that, though. Such as that random post about how white fans love watching Japan suffer.

But I can definitely see where you're coming from, and I agree; that sort of bully mentality isn't a welcome mentality here.
Last edited by Maritonic on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS QUEEN SLAY
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Wasn’t sure where else to post this. My phone still remembers the address for Godzilla Encounter from 2013 comic con and sometimes I go there by mistake when I search for Godzilla news. Its offline now...

Not really a cringe, more just mildly amusing.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Back in first grade my friends and I often pretended to be Godzilla monsters. I would bring my manual for Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters and we would pick who to play. Nothing cringy about that.
What was cringy was when I was playing with my buddies and ran off to try and sneak up on them. I was hiding behind a slide and heard some kids picking out which dinosaurs they were gonna play. Assuming I knew them, I proceeded to jump around the slide and pounce onto a second grader who I had never met before shouting "I'm Godzilla!"
As soon as I knew what I did I ran off. I still think about it to this day.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Shoopwoop17 wrote: I still think about it to this day.
Don’t worry, you won’t when you’re 30, and an alcoholic.
That’s how all of us around these parts deal with our own personal inner cringe.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
Shoopwoop17 wrote:Back in first grade my friends and I often pretended to be Godzilla monsters. I would bring my manual for Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters and we would pick who to play. Nothing cringy about that.
What was cringy was when I was playing with my buddies and ran off to try and sneak up on them. I was hiding behind a slide and heard some kids picking out which dinosaurs they were gonna play. Assuming I knew them, I proceeded to jump around the slide and pounce onto a second grader who I had never met before shouting "I'm Godzilla!"
As soon as I knew what I did I ran off. I still think about it to this day.
Don’t worry, you won’t when you’re 30, and an alcoholic. That’s how all of us around these parts deal with our own inner cringe.
Oh shoot, giving things for me to be excited for, thanks!
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ That's hilarious. My brother did something like that once. He was probably around his early teens at the time and was chasing our younger brother, who was trying to hide inside the big, round clothes racks at Walmart. At one point he thought he'd caught up, reached into one of the racks... and yanked out some little kid he didn't know. Upon realizing this, he just stuffed the kid back in and took off. :lol:
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

^Lol that's so sweet!!
Image Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote: Don’t worry, you won’t when you’re 30, and an alcoholic.
That’s how all of us around these parts deal with our own personal inner cringe.

Dear God.......The most honest post on this forum.

Bravo! Bra....fucking...vo! Bravo!

*opens a nice cold one*.....*gulps*

What cringe?

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Could ya share one with the boys? ;)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

GojiDude95 wrote:Could ya share one with the boys? ;)
*Hands over a cold one*

Sure.....Start young is my motto. Let the worries just drown away.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

The dubbed voices given to the child actors post G2K…

ADULTS SHOULD NOT DUB CHILDREN, IT DOES NOT FIT, WHAT IS THIS COST-CUTTING BULLSHIT
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Say what you want about the USA Godzilla dubs, atleast they are not as bad/cringeworthy as the Russian Heisei dubs lol. Everyone is voiced by the same fucking dude in a monotone voice, and you can still hear the original dialogue underneath. Hearing Miki Saegusa speak like a 40+ tired, drunk Russian man is priceless :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.