Easter Eggs

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Easter Eggs

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Who doesn’t love Easter Eggs? This topic is all about those cool little hidden things you may have spotted throughout the Godzilla series.
So without further ado, I’ll begin…

In Terror Of Mechagodzilla, the Ultraman monster Telesdon can be seen on a wall during the film, IIRC, another Ultra monster shows up too.

In Godzilla vs. Gigan, as the manga artist is pitching his homework monster concept, the artwork for an Ultraman manga can be seen on a wall behind the editors head.

In Godzilla: Final Wars, a boy throws a Gamera figure into his fireplace.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Easter Eggs

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

In Shin Godzilla , in the scene where the characters look through posts on the Internet, you can see users with profile pics and names from Evangelion characters.
Also in Shin, you can see a guy delivering pizza on a motorcycle in the background during the scene of the reporter on the streets after the PM's announcement. I don't know why someone would order a pizza while there's a monster rampaging.

I can't read Japanese but apparently Titanosaurus's name appears on something in GxMG. **at a festival, not the film itself**

In Planet of the Monsters, the United Earth forces deploy a weather device that highly resembles said balloons from Son of Godzilla .
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

In Godzilla (2014), when Bryan Cranston and Aaron-Taylor Johnson return to their old house, a terrarium can be seen with a piece of tape over the bottom of the glass that reads “Ford’s Moth”, the letters “RA” are tagged onto Moth via another piece of tape.

Added in 2 minutes 40 seconds:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
I can't read Japanese but apparently Titanosaurus's name appears on something in GxMG. .
Really? This is my first time hearing this, care to elaborate where you heard this from?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:

Added in 2 minutes 40 seconds:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
I can't read Japanese but apparently Titanosaurus's name appears on something in GxMG. .
Really? This is my first time hearing this, care to elaborate where you heard this from?
https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla_Aga ... hagodzilla - Trivia section.
.... although my memory failed me, Wikizilla said Titano's name appeared at a festival, not the film itself. They don't have a citation sadly. oops, forgive me master.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Dr. Yamane's stegosaurus skeleton from Gojira in Godzilla vs. Destroyah will forever be one of my favorites.

That and the clock tower from Gojira being destroyed in Godzilla vs. Destroyah and Shin Gojira.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Miyasaka in G2K notices his tie is outside his jacket and fixes it just like Dr. Yamane in the original.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

If I remember correctly one of the tanks of coolant in Shin Godzilla is labeled "555" which is a reference to Kamen Rider 555, Anno's favorite Kamen Rider series.
why did i have to be the chosen one?