Monster Speculation: RODAN

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Re: Monster Speculation: RODAN

Post by MrRockett »

Rodan sucks.....ahhh just kidding. I think Rodan will be almost as destructive as Ghidorah based on the effects of his flight alone. Basically a flying tornado.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

G165, I'm sorry but... even with the designs sorta revealed in the trailer, we still cannot post leaks. Gonna delete the image, and slap you with a double warning. Again, I'm sorry, but it's how it has to be.
Last edited by Demon Lord Gira on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

That's alright, Gira, that was my bad. I guess it slipped my mind from account of the one-eyed demons hitting me in the head ;).

#BotM

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Rodan definitely had some of the best shots in the trailer.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

They were showing off Rodan left and right in that trailer and honestly, he looks great.

He's my second favorite behind the Big G, so it was cool to get reassured that Rodan would be awesome in this movie.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

That shot of Rodan flying over the Capital building and heading straight towards Ghidorah’s cloud is absolutely incredible. I said this on Reddit as well, but Rodan’s balls must be bigger than the damn Capital building if he’s about to go TO Ghidorah, aka: space Satan, in the clouds. Like, just imagine that shit if you were Rodan for a second: you charge into this titanic cloud of biblical and prophetic proportions, to face an enemy whose wingspan is bigger than your entire body. You don’t know where they are exactly, but your finely tuned senses tell you that they in that cloud somewhere. Lightning is raging all around you, the winds are absolutely monstrous, and the thunder sounds like the Earth being ripped open. Then, you hear it... This high pitched, unearthly cackling that is even louder than the thunder.

You’re a bit unnerved at this point, but since you’re Rodan and you don’t really give a shit, you carry on anyway to claw this extinction harbinger in their bloody faces.

#BotM

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Spoiler:
^ I wish...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Mothra: "Okay Rodan I want you to close your eyes and focus on my voice. What outcome do you see in this battle?"

Rodan: "I SEE THE THREE HEADS OF KING GHIDORAH AND WE SHALL MAKE THEM ALL BURN!"

Godzilla: "He said we, that's trustworthy enough for me."
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

LegendaryGoji wrote:Image
Awesome.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

That shot of his shadow, flying over that city, is so badass!! Legendary did what Toho tried super hard to do in the 90's... Over and over and over again.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

The shot of Rodan ontop of the volcano, you think he's caught in the smoke and fire, only to realize he's creating his own smoke and fire off his wings. Nice.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Living Corpse wrote:Mothra: "Okay Rodan I want you to close your eyes and focus on my voice. What outcome do you see in this battle?"

Rodan: "I SEE THE THREE HEADS OF KING GHIDORAH AND WE SHALL MAKE THEM ALL BURN!"

Godzilla: "He said we, that's trustworthy enough for me."
:lol: That honestly describes their personalities perfectly from what we've seen over the years.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:The shot of Rodan ontop of the volcano, you think he's caught in the smoke and fire, only to realize he's creating his own smoke and fire off his wings. Nice.
I appreciated the irony of this, even if it might not have been intentional.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:The shot of Rodan ontop of the volcano, you think he's caught in the smoke and fire, only to realize he's creating his own smoke and fire off his wings. Nice.
I am glad the whole volcanic life-forms and ecosystem was carried over and not just left in the Magma Turtle concept, maybe it was meant to foreshadow this.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

So, did anyone else notice that Rodan is apparently going to have "hands" too? Look to the right, through the smoke.

I wanna put a pair of lil gloves on him.

EDIT: I see a clearer version of the gif was posted just above :lol:
Last edited by MothraRocks on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

One thing I hope for is that they emphasize
Spoiler:
the fact he follows Ghidorah, not because he wants to, but rather out of fear.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LegendZilla wrote:
Spoiler:
One thing I hope for is that they emphasize the fact he follows Ghidorah, not because he wants to, but rather out of fear.
Spoilers dude
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Godzillian wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Spoiler:
One thing I hope for is that they emphasize the fact he follows Ghidorah, not because he wants to, but rather out of fear.
Spoilers dude
My bad.
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Godzillian wrote:-snip-
LegendZilla wrote:-snip-
You guys should probably put a spoiler tag in your quotes too.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa: