Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by MandaSaurus »

Godzillian wrote:So got my gargantuas and love them. I was wondering about Gaira though. Does the vinyl just have this weird space behind its left arm or is it just mine?
http://imgur.com/gallery/smJdm4g
Mine does not have it either...

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Yep, it's only yours. Mine is fine, too.
Size DOES matter!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Oh well, easy enough to fix

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

DirektorSplennic wrote:So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?
$100-125 maybe?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

UltramanGoji wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:So, I'm attempting to hunt down that giant Orochi figure that bandai made years ago. Anyone know what a fair price for one is nowadays?
$100-125 maybe?
Doesn't sound that bad

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I got one with tag + slightly damaged original box like 5 years ago for about $150 + s&h.
Size DOES matter!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Petezilla wrote:I got one with tag + slightly damaged original box like 5 years ago for about $150 + s&h.
Orochi was sold in a box? I never knew that!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Are the other figures from Yamato Takeru worth it? I found the Fish Tentacle God Dude for 30 bucks (forgot the name but I have the link saved)

EDIT: Kaishin Muba. That's it's name.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Welcome to the right place, I have being trying to hunt all of them down. I am down to Utsuno Ikusagami and Orochi. Some of them were tough to come by and not cheap. Orochi goes for about $200 or higher depending on condition. Good luck!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

OGMechaMothra wrote:
Welcome to the right place, I have being trying to hunt all of them down. I am down to Utsuno Ikusagami and Orochi. Some of them were tough to come by and not cheap. Orochi goes for about $200 or higher depending on condition. Good luck!
Would a Kaishin Muba for $30 be considered a good deal?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Petezilla wrote:I got one with tag + slightly damaged original box like 5 years ago for about $150 + s&h.
Orochi was sold in a box? I never knew that!
Yep, it was. It's a nice but huge box in a white style with black and red. Here it is seen in the background (sauce is deviantart):

Size DOES matter!

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

Finally got MMS Biollante, what a fantastic figure. It's bigger than I thought it would be. It could probably use some more paint but I'm happy with it either way.
Last edited by Grunkle Sans on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
:gigan:

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
Yes, I paid $65 with a tag at G-Fest this year.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

OGMechaMothra wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
Okay. Now I have a new problem.

I found the Kaishin Muba for $25 (with tag), but I also found the Chogokin Toy's Dream Project Gigan for $40 They are from different stores, so if I get both I would have to pay two shipping prices (It adds up to almost $60 just for shipping). Which figure, if I were to get one, sounds like the better deal?
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:
Okay. Now I have a new problem.

I found the Kaishin Muba for $25 (with tag), but I also found the Chogokin Toy's Dream Project Gigan for $40 They are from different stores, so if I get both I would have to pay two shipping prices (It adds up to almost $60 just for shipping). Which figure, if I were to get one, sounds like the better deal?
If it's Mandarake, yes you will pay two separate shipping prices. I would say go for the Chogokin Gigan as it's more likely to sell out than the Kaishin Muba.

Grunkle Sans
Interpol Agent

Post by Grunkle Sans »

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before, but is the newest re-release of Destoroyah a retool/resculpt/modification? The head looks different to me, was wondering I should pick one up. (I've got the pink tag version).
:gigan:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Grunkle Sans wrote:I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before, but is the newest re-release of Destoroyah a retool/resculpt/modification? The head looks different to me, was wondering I should pick one up. (I've got the pink tag version).
minor retool with different paint, skip it since you have the pink tage.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Godzillian wrote:
Grunkle Sans wrote:I'm sorry if this has already been discussed before, but is the newest re-release of Destoroyah a retool/resculpt/modification? The head looks different to me, was wondering I should pick one up. (I've got the pink tag version).
Actually I think it’s an entirely new Figure. It’s significantly smaller than the old one.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

godzilla1541 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Actually I think it’s an entirely new Figure. It’s significantly smaller than the old one.
I can vouch for this. I own the newer one, while a friend of mine owns the older pink tag version. The pink tag version has a more detailed sculpt and is a tad bit larger, while the newer one has a more accurate head, but is overall less detailed and a tad bit smaller.

Added in 20 minutes 26 seconds:
Also, does anyone know what happened to Club Tokyo and why they don't update anymore? I used to love that site.