NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:I don't see why they couldn't get two releases out of each sculpt. They can do a Showa Ghidorah and then a battle damaged version. They can do Godzilla 74 and do a bloody version from the end of the movie. They can also do a regular Godzilla 68 figure and then have a 72 falling apart one where the joints are meant to fall off.
And then people would complain that we wouldn't be getting enough new figures and whine that remolds and repaints count as such.
Not if they do it intelligently. Get a couple new figures out, then start alternating between new and repaints and I won't have a problem with that. If it were to be new figure, 6 months goes by and then they do a repaint, with nothing for another 8 months, then it would be problematic.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:I don't see why they couldn't get two releases out of each sculpt. They can do a Showa Ghidorah and then a battle damaged version. They can do Godzilla 74 and do a bloody version from the end of the movie. They can also do a regular Godzilla 68 figure and then have a 72 falling apart one where the joints are meant to fall off.
And then people would complain that we wouldn't be getting enough new figures and whine that remolds and repaints count as such.
Not if they do it intelligently. Get a couple new figures out, then start alternating between new and repaints and I won't have a problem with that. If it were to be new figure, 6 months goes by and then they do a repaint, with nothing for another 8 months, then it would be problematic.
Then, maybe, you should collect a different line.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

MM Raids Again wrote:Then, maybe, you should collect a different line.
What does any of that have to do with anything I said?

How did we go from "Getting 2 versions out is easy..." to "You shouldn't collect the line?"

Jesus, what is with this board? Even when I post positive comments someone turns it negative.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Then, maybe, you should collect a different line.
What does any of that have to do with anything I said?

How did we go from "Getting 2 versions out is easy..." to "You shouldn't collect the line?"

Jesus, what is with this board? Even when I post positive comments someone turns it negative.
"This board." Blame the individual not the aggregate.

The idea of alternating and even overlapping releases I too am okay with. Fill in a slot with a repaint or retool and then focus time on developing a new sculpt within that time slot. At the least, you just put $20 into something else which isn't all bad. Granted, still seeing repaints might make an eyebrow twitch here and there, but that's to be expect I guess.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Repaints are fine by me as long as they aren't boring like atomic breath versions. Batte Damage, alternative paint like the poster g'54, and so on are cool and clever repaints. A NECA G'68 with bloody damage from Godzilla vs Gigan would be a great reissue after they make a 68

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Godzillian wrote:Repaints are fine by me as long as they aren't boring like atomic breath versions. Batte Damage, alternative paint like the poster g'54, and so on are cool and clever repaints. A NECA G'68 with bloody damage from Godzilla vs Gigan would be a great reissue after they make a 68
An Oxygen Destroyer damage G54’ where he’s partially skeletal, now that’s where the moneys at
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

A skeletal G54 after the oxygen destroyer.......now thats the money shot.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I'm skeptical that NECA will only do characters they can get more than one release out of, unless they really plan to work it out of the figures; I see this being more of a guideline for Godzilla in particular. On that note, I think Godzilla 1968 and 1973 are practically shoe-ins, since those two versions took prominent damage in subsequent films. Accompany them with co-star figures like Gorosaurus, Gigan, Megalon, etc., and we're good.

The most pressing question right now for me, though, is this: can we get a Kong '62?

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Um... how do you figure that? They can get two releases out of every monster Toho has.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

73 Goji can be turned into 74 and 75 with just a head swap.

68 Goji can have a 71 and 72 version

64 Goji can have two versions.

That MegaroGoji is a gold mine though that's at least 3 sculpts plus atomic and battle damaged versions.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

miguelnuva wrote:73 Goji can be turned into 74 and 75 with just a head swap.

That MegaroGoji is a gold mine though that's at least 3 sculpts plus atomic and battle damaged versions.
Um..... I don't think a '74/'75 would sell well if it came after a '73 figure, they look the same at first glance*. They could work if they those the variations, like a '74 that's struck by lightning or something.

*then again Neca's done like a dozen normal looking Xenomorphs.
goji89 wrote:A skeletal G54 after the oxygen destroyer.......now thats the money shot.
A original Godzilla who has been damaged by a weapon which destroys the very thing we breath, oxygen, and reduced to a skeleton would be quite the figure that gathers the money.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

74/75 are my favorite. The serious face is way better than the friendly face from 73. If they go that route I hope 74/75 first.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

A skeleton 1954 with oxygen destroyer accessory?

holy sht! take my money!

edit: wait, shoot,..that'll never happen because they can't repaint it into anything. It's a one time mold and they're not going to do that.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Most kaiju you can get at least two molds of, just some ideas/examples
Do a normal Baragon and then a Burrowing Baragon
Manda with the head from dam and the head from Atragon
A 1964 Rodan body can be reused with an altered head for a DAM Rodan
DAM Damaged Showa Ghidorah with blood on neck and tail

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Posted this on the custom forum but im sure yall wouldnt mind it here either. Im turning my neca gmk into ghost godzilla. Ive always wanted to do a custom and this is my first! Still a work in progress, let me know what yall think and if u have any critiques.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmev2zfjNCv ... 0bf3hx62ax

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Gahdzilluh wrote:Posted this on the custom forum but im sure yall wouldnt mind it here either. Im turning my neca gmk into ghost godzilla. Ive always wanted to do a custom and this is my first! Still a work in progress, let me know what yall think and if u have any critiques.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmev2zfjNCv ... 0bf3hx62ax
Whoa that's really cool! You've snuck a lot of detail into that head, looking great!
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I just had an idea, what if NECA decided to make figures based on the Aurora Godzilla model kit.
They could do two versions of it if Toho lets them, a normal one and a glow-in-the-dark one.

and if that could work what about one based on the Shogun Warriors Godzilla?

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

I could see them repainting the 62 and calling it the aurora.. that could honestly really work

And thanks fermix! Really appreciate it man :)
Last edited by Gahdzilluh on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

My Atomic Shin 2.0 died due to heat damage. Heat made the jaw weak and I didn’t touch it for a while so the jaw came undone. However it’s not a big deal since the Neca Atomic Shin is coming out soon. So with this extra shin I decided to do some major customizing. Gonna make it into a normal Shin Godzilla again, but I’m making a major alteration to the head. Here’s a proof of concept before I actually had the jaw attached correctly Image

Added in 7 hours 25 minutes 41 seconds:

Added in 2 hours 40 minutes 3 seconds:
God I love customizing

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Nice repaints, really brings out the sculpt.

Although NECA is certainly known for repaints, I get a feeling that, if they're able to do more with the Godzilla franchise, they're probably not going to be as reserved as they have been in the past. I'd love to see more unique figures like NES or Poster '54 - you hardly ever see other companies making such niche toys.
Last edited by Mechagigan on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.