NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
goji89
Sazer

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:
darthzilla99 wrote:Don't forget Kumonga, the eight bendy wired freak!
I would KILL for a Kumonga figure. K I L L.
And by KILL, you mean as in dead?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Kumonga and Kamacuras would make a perfect two pack

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I would very much be down for the big bugs, and on that note, a NECA Megalon would be extremely appreciated. Of course, if they did that, they'd likely have to round out the cast of that movie. Which seems unlikely, but we can dream...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

JAGzilla wrote:I would very much be down for the big bugs, and on that note, a NECA Megalon would be extremely appreciated. Of course, if they did that, they'd likely have to round out the cast of that movie. Which seems unlikely, but we can dream...
I mean, if Neca keeps the license and Toho continues to let them produce more and more monsters from the series, you never know. Heck, the Godzilla line could end up as good or even better than the Predator, Alien, Freddy, Jason, Pacific Rim, Gremlins, etc... lines. Time will only tell.
:terrestris:

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

UltramanGoji wrote:Head to Walmart and pick up a bottle of this. Put a few coats of it on the joint and let it sit for an hour or two and attach the tail again.

Do NOT use clear nail polish or super glue like some others will suggest as that cracks over time.

I'm replying late here, but thank you!
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Kumonga and Kamacuras would make a perfect two pack
I'd buy each separately too... :D

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
No Manda. A two pack or nothing.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Manda would literally just be a bendy wire

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

If NECA has the deals in place they say they do, the fact is, they may be in a position to start pumping out tons of Showa characters at a rate Bandai would have no hope of keeping up with and almost certainly wouldn't take the financial risk on anyway. NECA could give us the entire Showa Monsterland. And after recently getting their 1990 Movie Turtles, I trust them to produce great figures. They've had their hiccups with Godzilla, but I think they're making great strides.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I too am aboard the hype train, but I think we would all do well to consider how long it'll take NECA to pump out all these characters. Also, Randy in the interview said that each sculpt needs to get at least 2 uses out of it, so there are some monsters that might not meet that criteria. They could probably work around that condition in some cases with 2-packs of figures (sort of like how NECA reissued Leatherback from Pacific Rim alongside a Gipsy repaint in a two pack.) For example, I personally think the smartest way to get us Shin forms 2 and 3 would be in a three pack with a Frozen 4th version. That probably makes the most business sense, if it isn't really ideal for us consumers.

Anyway, bring on the NECA-verse!
Last edited by Fermix on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

I don't see why they couldn't get two releases out of each sculpt. They can do a Showa Ghidorah and then a battle damaged version. They can do Godzilla 74 and do a bloody version from the end of the movie. They can also do a regular Godzilla 68 figure and then have a 72 falling apart one where the joints are meant to fall off.

BTW, one of my Targets finally set up their NECA section and holy christ, why is Shin Godzilla so red? It's like they reversed his colors.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:I don't see why they couldn't get two releases out of each sculpt. They can do a Showa Ghidorah and then a battle damaged version. They can do Godzilla 74 and do a bloody version from the end of the movie. They can also do a regular Godzilla 68 figure and then have a 72 falling apart one where the joints are meant to fall off.
And then people would complain that we wouldn't be getting enough new figures and whine that remolds and repaints count as such.

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:I don't see why they couldn't get two releases out of each sculpt. They can do a Showa Ghidorah and then a battle damaged version. They can do Godzilla 74 and do a bloody version from the end of the movie. They can also do a regular Godzilla 68 figure and then have a 72 falling apart one where the joints are meant to fall off.
And then people would complain that we wouldn't be getting enough new figures and whine that remolds and repaints count as such.
Hey 1 repaint per Figure spread out between releases is better than 5 repaints of the exact same mold. Looking at you tamashii with your 5 Shins and 6 95 repaints

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

An iceberg emerging G'62 reissue would be cool

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Godzillian wrote:An iceberg emerging G'62 reissue would be cool
With a white frosting effect on his bottom half with a Cardboard Iceberg display. That would be awesome

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

How likely do you think it is for NECA to completely redo the 84 figure? Besides the head, I think it has to be their worst Godzilla sculpt.

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

DirektorSplennic wrote:How likely do you think it is for NECA to completely redo the 84 figure? Besides the head, I think it has to be their worst Godzilla sculpt.
I don't know, '14 was pretty bad too
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

GhidoGoji wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:How likely do you think it is for NECA to completely redo the 84 figure? Besides the head, I think it has to be their worst Godzilla sculpt.
I'd have to slightly disagree. The articulation was very limited, but in terms of accuracy 2014 was pretty damn spot on (aside from a few iffy spots) since they used the CG files to make the figure. Plus 2014 is technically getting an updated figure with their Godzilla 2019 figure coming out for KOTM. (So far I really like the changes they made to the design for the new movie)

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
GhidoGoji wrote:
I'd have to slightly disagree. The articulation was very limited, but in terms of accuracy 2014 was pretty damn spot on (aside from a few iffy spots) since they used the CG files to make the figure. Plus 2014 is technically getting an updated figure with their Godzilla 2019 figure coming out for KOTM. (So far I really like the changes they made to the design for the new movie)
The face was super ugly, in my opinion. I'm really excited to see how they improve it for next year.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

goji89 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:
No Manda. A two pack or nothing.
Killjoy... :(