NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by MandaSaurus »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:I'm impressed with the tail on the 62 figure. It looks nice and thick and is long. Since it comes out a few month's before the MonsterArt, I'll definitely pick it up in hopes that I don't feel the need to get the MA then.
I'm not. The SHMA's tail is longer - movie accurate, in fact - and fully articulated. NECA's is shorter, and as we ALL know - the back half is rubber with a bendy wire in it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

You mean...the Japanese sculpt by the Japanese sculptor who has worked on Godzilla figures for almost his whole career...is more accurate????

I'm shocked!

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

The width of the shoulders, as well as some other bits in the neck region, are the only things I'm not too sure about on the NECA figure. Other then that I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and will definitely pick it up if NECA doesn't delay the release date like they usually do.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:I'm impressed with the tail on the 62 figure. It looks nice and thick and is long. Since it comes out a few month's before the MonsterArt, I'll definitely pick it up in hopes that I don't feel the need to get the MA then.
I'm not. The SHMA's tail is longer - movie accurate, in fact - and fully articulated. NECA's is shorter, and as we ALL know - the back half is rubber with a bendy wire in it.
and is nearly 4 times more expensive
your source of self destruction

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

UltramanGoji wrote:You mean...the Japanese sculpt by the Japanese sculptor who has worked on Godzilla figures for almost his whole career...is more accurate????

I'm shocked!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote:
This is satire right? If not, wow. Just wow.

The difference in the tail does not even come close to justifying $80 difference
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Yeah NECA didn't want to go for movie accuracy. Wanted it to "look like a monster". Don't know if it was in one of the interviews or not.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I just bought the Godzilla 2014 figure but I can't get the tail to go on for shit. Has anyone else had this problem?
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Dr. Professor wrote:I just bought the Godzilla 2014 figure but I can't get the tail to go on for shit. Has anyone else had this problem?
Heat up the joint with hot water or a blow dryer until it’s kinda soft. Then insert. Should go In fine

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I've been to 3 different Targets over the last few days and no NECAs
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

godzilla1541 wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote:I just bought the Godzilla 2014 figure but I can't get the tail to go on for shit. Has anyone else had this problem?
Heat up the joint with hot water or a blow dryer until it’s kinda soft. Then insert. Should go In fine
It goes in fine it just doesn't stay in.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Head to Walmart and pick up a bottle of this. Put a few coats of it on the joint and let it sit for an hour or two and attach the tail again.

Do NOT use clear nail polish or super glue like some others will suggest as that cracks over time.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm:

You're right, the tail is a tad longer on the MA, and I'm sure the spines are going to be rubbery instead of a harder plastic, but I don't like how the nails on the MA are the same color as his skin tone and the $90 price difference is quite steep. That's not to say the NECA is better, as they both have their positives and negatives, but after getting 3 Kiryu Godzilla's with derpy eyes, I think I'm going to give NECA the benefit of the doubt here and pick theirs over the MA. I do wish NECA didn't use a generic white background for their photos though.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Head to Walmart and pick up a bottle of this. Put a few coats of it on the joint and let it sit for an hour or two and attach the tail again.

Do NOT use clear nail polish or super glue like some others will suggest as that cracks over time.

Which one though......?

The one on the right or the one on the left?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

goji89 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Head to Walmart and pick up a bottle of this. Put a few coats of it on the joint and let it sit for an hour or two and attach the tail again.

Which one though......?

Yes.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
goji89 wrote: Which one though......?

Yes.
Hope your right?

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

Checked out Target and they had Burning Godzilla, Vs. SpaceGodzilla, and Shin Godzilla as well as the 16" kidrobot plush. Lucky for me my order of Shin got canceled since this turned out to be much cheaper to get with the 20% coupon.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Has NECA confirmed or alluded to any upcoming classic Godzilla incarnations besides 1962?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

DirektorSplennic wrote:Has NECA confirmed or alluded to any upcoming classic Godzilla incarnations besides 1962?
If you don't count the 1954 Poster Version, then not specifically no. Not that I remember, at least.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Maritonic wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:Has NECA confirmed or alluded to any upcoming classic Godzilla incarnations besides 1962?
If you don't count the 1954 Poster Version, then not specifically no. Not that I remember, at least.
Hmm. I wouldn't mind a 1964.

Didn't NECA also get the rights to other monsters, or is that me making things up? I haven't been quite so up to date on NECA and Toho's relationship.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.