Comparing the godzilla eras

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Maximum power Maguma
Yojimbo

Comparing the godzilla eras

Post by Maximum power Maguma »

Hello friends my friends, I’m maguma and I’m here to talk to you guys about a very inmortant subject I cam across these recent days. What is the best era of Godzilla?!?! I know the eras of Godzilla are that of showa heisei and millennial. Each very different in quality and in expensiveness to make. As all things, obviously one is the best and I thought you’d be the ones to know. For personally I think by far heisei is the best era of Godzilla, not only does it have the best and coolest kaiju that do the coolest things the most times out of all, but I like the people also.

People say that the showa is the best because of gojira, but if I were honest I think Gojira is kinda lame when Godzilla wasn’t around and when he was he wasn’t doing anything special, not to mention he was in black and in white. Millennial Godzilla is the second best but not as good as showa because they start not taking it seriously at the end and because they make the movies to light which makes the monsters look goofy and unrealistic when you compare it to showa.

I think I’ll put my reasons of why heisei is the best monster era of all time and why everything took a bad turn after that. Heisei movies had by far the best monsters and the coolest scenes except for a few monsters like mothra, who is too bright and colorfull and frail for a big monster, also I don’t like butterflys and think she’s very boring. AND WORST YET SHE NEARLY CAUSES THE END OF THE WORLD!!! In the best Godzilla movie in my opinion she flys into some comments and gives brith to space Godzilla ALMOST CAUSING THE DESTRUCTION OF EVERYTHING EVER!!!! Poor godzuki got thrown around like a mouse. Good thing Godzilla was able to destroy it in the end. But space Godzilla has the cooler powers out of all the monsters in the movies. But that’s a side note.
I think heisei is the first point when everyone cared about making good Godzilla movies. People say Gojira is the best but compared to other movies that came out the same year like king kong, who has better actions scenes and more monsters, like those bugs that scared me in the tunell and that fight scene witht eh trexes. I think king kong is cooler overall, but there was no heisei era of king kong.

So yeah those are my reasons if you disagree please try to be nice and I hope we can all be friends. :D :D :D
Image Image

When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: Comparing the godzilla eras

Post by MaxRebo320 »

When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They said WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch

So Maguma, have you ever seen the movie you hail from? If you think Gojira is lame when the monster isn’t on screen, you’re bound to love Gorath! Nonstop monster action in that movie!
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Maximum power Maguma
Yojimbo

MaxRebo320 wrote:When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They said WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch

So Maguma, have you ever seen the movie you hail from? If you think Gojira is lame when the monster isn’t on screen, you’re bound to love Gorath! Nonstop monster action in that movie!
your friend nows whats cool. I've seen gorath movie I saw it with my uncle a few weeks ago and thoat maguma was really cool and liked that there was a lot of awesome action. I really like walrusus because their tusky just like me and make me feel less weird when with friends. shame maguma never got to show his real powers which I didn't like.
Image Image

When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

...Is this real?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

"Poor godzukigot thrown around like a mouse."

And that's about all I need to know about the context of this opinion.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Maximum power Maguma wrote: In the best Godzilla movie in my opinion she flys into some comments and gives brith to space Godzilla
Haha that was my favorite part haha
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Wait, I just caught this. Did he actually say there was "lots of awesome action" in Gorath? I...I need to stay out of this thread and be nice.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

......... what?? KK33 didn't even release in the same year as ah nevermind. Not worth it.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Man, I missed these kinds of threads. Reminds me of the good ol' days of TK. :lol:
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

This is it. He's won. Go home, everyone. The game is over, he won.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Maximum power Maguma
Yojimbo

Maritonic wrote:Wait, I just caught this. Did he actually say there was "lots of awesome action" in Gorath? I...I need to stay out of this thread and be nice.
Are you saying gorath and maguma are bad?!?!? your wrong and those are not good movie opinions and here is why. also I bet you like the boring black and white godzilla all the time which is very boring!!

you see gojifan explained in his videos before dying that the heisei era was the best. And I agree!

first it was the best era when godzilla that took itself as real movies and not dumb kids stuff.

then its the only movies that have good stories and took themselves in a serious way even though you have to wait alot to get to see the cool monster action which is not perfect but is still a lot better than showa.

the monsters did the best things like fire breathing and are the strongest in the series. no other godzilla can beat flaming godzilla! NOT EVEN SPACE GODZILLA!!

it had the meanest strongest villains like space godzilla and destroyah which are both the biggest monsters in the godzilla movies and are also the strongest but not as strong as godzilla when he gets angry after his son is beat up. gojifan approves this in his top 10 godzilla monsters with space godzilla being the number one, so Im right.

also the old movies likes godzilla vs gigan who looks stupid in those movies because he is a fat chicken. also the bad guys are cockroaches which is dumb. EVERYONE KNOWS MONSTERS AND COKROACHES CANT TALK!!!! do they think i am stupid?!?!?! because im not I am a very smart person and am told that very often.

as the last reason heisei made me cry at the end of godzilla vs destroyah and godzilla s space godzilla because they got reall sad at the end. poor godzuki!!!!!!!!!!!

and thats why heisei godzilla is obviously the best

id also like to dedicate this moment to the memeroy of gojifan who was a big inspiration on my life and has sadly passed on to a better life after he died
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Not to be a hypocrite and feed the troll, but since this thread is still unlocked for some reason... which banned member are you?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Hedorah, the King
Yojimbo

Post by Hedorah, the King »

Okay just what on earth is going on here?

Maximum Power Maguma, you've got it all wrong little friend, SHOWA is #1!

Those god awful Heisei films were flavorless and should've never existed. In the words of Akira Takarada, we shouldn't be talking about the showa, heisei, or millennium, but simply early, mid, and late showa! That's right! All the movies should be showa movies, only then will we achieve maximum quality.

Listen to me here, the heisei series is just the worst in any way possible. You've got miniatures that look like graham crackers, characters that are so bland they make Ozaki look like a multi layered tormented protagonist, and monster fights that are lightshows interrupted by the occasional sumo wrestling match if the practitioners had their limbs amputated.

Why is the showa series the best? I'll tell you why!

"We could build our own robots, we just don't have the time..."

"YOU MEAN YOU'RE TOO DUMB!"

*backhand slap*

*epic anime battle*

Need I say more? Now that's how you craft a story people won't fall asleep halfway through. Now let's try again to look through the heisei kaiju and see why they suck:

1) Heisei Ghidorah: too damn lifeless and horny

2) Battra: mothra finds out that the best way to appeal to little kids she desperately wants to "save" is to become a dark edge lord antihero who isn't afraid of anyone and apparently suffers from osteoporosis

3) Mechagodzilla 2: overweight and about as immobile as the imagination of whoever thought this up

4) Spacegodzilla: hands down the worst kaiju of all time. Ooooh I like Godzilla and hayte all those other week kai joo, if only there was a kaiju other than Godzilla I could like.... o_o O_O, oh my god, there's one! It's like Godzilla, but from space! Perfect! (also he's in the worst movie of all time, I'd rather watch The Clones of Bruce Lee) (And you shouldn't buy the x plus figure of him) (and gojifan1993 is wrong for liking him because his reasons are weak like his and titanosaurus' testosterone levels).

5) Yuki: One of the worst kaiju of all time, easily the one that gave the most wooden performance, just look at him and you can clearly tell that thing is not alive, especially when they have the humans next to it. (Dr. Serizawa would destroy Yuki in a fight btw)

Thing is, I bet you're just salty that heart attack goji lost to Banno's supreme meme machine Hedorah in match 81, but let's face facts that's how the fight would go down. Who are you to claim maguma's powers anyway? I got news for you, maguma doesn't belong to you, he doesn't belong to Zarn, he doesn't even belong to TOHO! He belongs to me, and I will have him.
Hedorah, the King of the Monsters

Maximum power Maguma
Yojimbo

JAGzilla wrote:Not to be a hypocrite and feed the troll, but since this thread is still unlocked for some reason... which banned member are you?
i think you just mad because you cant understand heisei movies and find them to long because of all the dialouge they say and think they are boring. so instead you watch kids movies because they are easier for you to see and dont ask anything of you.

heisei has the smartest movies with the most scientific plots. they had a lot of villains that came from space and a lot of genetic manipulation configurations that were based on godzilla so that makes them similar wich is thimatic and a lot more thought out than anything on showa.

Okay just what on earth is going on here?

Maximum Power Maguma, you've got it all wrong little friend, SHOWA is #1!

Those god awful Heisei films were flavorless and should've never existed. In the words of Akira Takarada, we shouldn't be talking about the showa, heisei, or millennium, but simply early, mid, and late showa! That's right! All the movies should be showa movies, only then will we achieve maximum quality.

Listen to me here, the heisei series is just the worst in any way possible. You've got miniatures that look like graham crackers, characters that are so bland they make Ozaki look like a multi layered tormented protagonist, and monster fights that are lightshows interrupted by the occasional sumo wrestling match if the practitioners had their limbs amputated.

Why is the showa series the best? I'll tell you why!

"We could build our own robots, we just don't have the time..."

"YOU MEAN YOU'RE TOO DUMB!"

*backhand slap*

*epic anime battle*

Need I say more? Now that's how you craft a story people won't fall asleep halfway through. Now let's try again to look through the heisei kaiju and see why they suck:

1) Heisei Ghidorah: too damn lifeless and horny

2) Battra: mothra finds out that the best way to appeal to little kids she desperately wants to "save" is to become a dark edge lord antihero who isn't afraid of anyone and apparently suffers from osteoporosis

3) Mechagodzilla 2: overweight and about as immobile as the imagination of whoever thought this up

4) Spacegodzilla: hands down the worst kaiju of all time. Ooooh I like Godzilla and hayte all those other week kai joo, if only there was a kaiju other than Godzilla I could like.... o_o O_O, oh my god, there's one! It's like Godzilla, but from space! Perfect! (also he's in the worst movie of all time, I'd rather watch The Clones of Bruce Lee) (And you shouldn't buy the x plus figure of him) (and gojifan1993 is wrong for liking him because his reasons are weak like his and titanosaurus' testosterone levels).

5) Yuki: One of the worst kaiju of all time, easily the one that gave the most wooden performance, just look at him and you can clearly tell that thing is not alive, especially when they have the humans next to it. (Dr. Serizawa would destroy Yuki in a fight btw)

Thing is, I bet you're just salty that heart attack goji lost to Banno's supreme meme machine Hedorah in match 81, but let's face facts that's how the fight would go down. Who are you to claim maguma's powers anyway? I got news for you, maguma doesn't belong to you, he doesn't belong to Zarn, he doesn't even belong to TOHO! He belongs to me, and I will have him.

you are wrong about heisei and i will prove it!! showa is not number one! its not true! IT IS NOT!! because first they did not use minitures they used real parts of all cities so they cant look like gram crackers. also fireworks shows are really cool. WHO DOESN'T LIKE FIREWORKS? also how does a movie have flavor? you are wrong about everything and here is why

reason number one. the only reason anyone falls asleep in the goodgodzilla movies is because thats what youd do if it were in real life. youd fall asleep because of of how the monsters would fight and stuff because it would take time for them to get there. you cant handle realistic movies so you watch something easy like show because its for little kids. also king gidorah is the best because he is very evil and threatens to destroy the world.

reason two. battra is actually really cool and has a very sad backstory because him and mothra are actually related and one is evil and the other is good and they fight to the death.

three. mechagodzilla 2 is the most powrful mechagodzilla because it has the most weapons and the most armor. it is not fat because it doesnt eat. its actually armor to protect itself from godzilla and be able to fight him. so yeah.

fore. space godzilla is actually the other stronges kaiju apart fomr godzilla when mad. he is also godzilla and mothras son so he has both of their powers combined which is why he is able to fly and beat everyone up. also you can't argue with me about this because gojifan said in his video that he was the best godzilla monster in all of exsistence because he looks the best and is the strongest.

and lastly. MAGUMA WILL NEVER BE YOURS EVER!!! how can you say he is yours you didn't make him? if anything i am the one to own him because i was among the first to see him and my dad was involved in his creation.

also I do not like how unrespectulf you are of gojifan dying. i think you are made because he knew more truth than you will ever now which is why i dedicate this thread to his memory. R.I.P Gojifan
Image Image

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Yeah, locking this because possible troll.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.