World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Re: World Of Godzilla: Who Do You Want To See?

Post by Anguirus »

I’m going to be the one to say it: I want to see a Godzilla VS Gamera. If announced, I would be so excited.

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

I'm going to go with my bony boy, Skeleturtle.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

MinorBone Good wrote:I'm going to go with my bony boy, Skeleturtle.
Same man. Most OP, best designed and awe-inspiring kaiju ever my dude.
Long Live The King

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I may've said it before, but I'll say again, Maguma needs some love.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Do what they did with Megaguirus and reintroduce older Toho monsters like Dogora back into the series.

Other than that I would be down for new monsters, or be inclusion of late Heisei one hit wonders like Destroyah.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

They're kind of/sort of doing this with the anime films, but: Make the Xiliens a re-occurring part of the universe, with one or several films occurring on other worlds or in space. It could be a nice contrast to other films, and it would be great to experience their characters fully fleshed-out this time.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think that composer Kaoru Wada deserves to score a Godzilla film one day. Afterall, he was a pupil of Ifukube.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

A Rodan spin-off film is something I'd love. Have Megaguirus and the Meganula swarm as the main antagonists.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GalacticPetey wrote:A Rodan spin-off film is something I'd love. Have Megaguirus and the Meganula swarm as the main antagonists.
Take out Megaguirus completely, give the Meganula no larger a role than they had in the '56 Rodan, and I agree with ya 100%.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I would love to see some of the original Showa era designs for some monster being used again, like what they did with Gaira in that Go! Greenman movie they made a few years ago.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

I want it to be a direct sequel to the Heisei era with Junior as a human-friendly Godzilla.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

SG-17 wrote:I want it to be a direct sequel to the Heisei era with Junior as a human-friendly Godzilla.
That would hinder a lot of things honestly if they want it to be a cinematic universe. It's better they start a new story.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

SG-17 wrote:I want it to be a direct sequel to the Heisei era with Junior as a human-friendly Godzilla.
This. I know it's never going to happen, but man would I like to see what happened after GvsD.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gawdziller
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Gawdziller »

Give the audience what they want: Jet Jaguar vs. Giant Condor
TEAM (Gareth) EDWARD(s)!
Legion1979 wrote:Oh yes, thank you for linking to a page with nothing but Japanese text. That was so damn helpful.
Brody wrote:I don't approve of any kind of sex that involves male genitalia
gzilla46 wrote: I've come up with WAY worse ideas than this.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Top Ten Monsters I want to return in the new World of Godzilla Series!

(I'm discounting Mothra, Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mechagodzilla. Three of those four comeback all the time, and in Rodan's case, he's getting showcased in Godzilla KOTM, so I'm not going to be missing him as much as some of the others).

10) Varan = Just so the guy can get used effectively. He's got a cool design and all, but his standalone film (both versions of them) weren't that great, and the first time I saw him was in DAM. I'll never forget my reaction to it. He just appears randomly and then jumps off screen, and I'm all like "Who the hell was that?".

9) Gorosauras = I might be the only Gorosauras fan on the planet, but I don't care. I WANT HIM BACK! Even if it is just a cameo/brief fight scene where he dies, can I at least get a quick appearance with a kangaroo kick. It is literally all I'm asking for.

8) Bagan = Lets finally put this dude in a movie! Jeez. They tried and they tried and they tried and he always had the plug pulled on him. I know its weird to feel sorry for fictional monster that never made it into a movie, but my heart kinda goes out to the guy.

7) Hedorah = Not only do I want him back, but I see potential to expand on his powers and make him even more dangerous and gruesome.

6) Destroyah = One of my favorite Heisei creations. Bring The Kaiju Devil back!

5) Gigan = Poor Gigan. His awesomeness compared to the low quality of the films he's in is staggering. In his debut, he was by far the best part of a bad entry, and in Godzilla Vs. Megalon, he was little more than an excuse to use stock footage. I remember thinking way back when that Final Wars was going to be his day in the sun, and instead, he got two royally undignified deaths. Lets get our favorite buzzsaw cyborg chicken into the starring role he deserves!

4) Anguiras = I want Godzilla's buddy back and I want him to be an ally of Godzilla. That's how most of us came to know and love the guy, so lets get another Godzilla/Anguiras team up!

3) Biollante = Like I said, lets bring some of the Heisei crew back! Biollante has such a marvelous design that I'd love to have her back.

2) The Gargantuas, Sanda and Gairah = It is amazing that the stars of one of Toho's best non-Godzilla kaiju flicks has never crossedover into Godzilla. Obviously the biggest reason is Haruo Nakajima couldn't play both a Gargantua and Godzilla, but come on! Lets make this happen!

1) Gamera = We all want it. You know you want it. Even if you say you don't want it, you know deep down in your soul that you want it.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Yeah, Godzilla vs Gamera could finally happen. I don't even think Kadokawa would even care if Gamera lost at this point. I don't think Toho would do that though out of respect. Kadokawa knows Godzilla is the far more popular character. They'd be happy just to get some money off the Gamera name again.

Things are changing at Toho. They're far more loose with the character than before. Hell Godzilla and Gamera don't necessarily have to even be enemies.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

It will frankly sicken me if Toho were to shoehorn the other big four just one movie in. That is one reason to crave Anguirus, Biollante or any other B-grade Kaiju.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Oh, another longshot, but if we could ever get Godzilla and Daimajin in the same movie, I'd be totally down for that as well.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GojiDog wrote:Oh, another longshot, but if we could ever get Godzilla and Daimajin in the same movie, I'd be totally down for that as well.
The scale would be so hilariously off, and if you really change Daimajin's scale, he doesn't work as well as a character.

I'd love to see Daimajin back in some capacity, though. For sure. But with Godzilla? Eh.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

You could make the Godzilla-Daimajin crossover film non-canon with the rest of the continuity and just shrink Godzilla to be more in scale with Daimajin. It's not like Godzilla actually needs to be at least 50 meters tall, anyway, 30 meters would go well just fine with a 25-meter Daimajin.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.