Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Post by miguelnuva »

I honestly felt like all the people saying this game looked like a pa2 game online hurt the game a lot in the long run.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

Monster X wrote:Which monsters did you find the best for clearing stages?

For me personally Ghidorah was number one, his flying gravity beams decimated large chunks of the map in a single pass. His move set was also great for speeding through generators.

Rodan was second as, while he didn't have anywhere near the mass destruction ability of Ghidorah, his dive bomb was a one hit kill on the generators and he was by far one of the fastest monsters in the game.

Destroyah was also good thanks to his beam automatically sweeping in arcs and lines allowing for better control and more destruction.

Worst was by far Battra, stupide git couldn't hit the broad side of Mt. Fuji.
Biollante is up there too. Her, Rodan, and Ghidorah have given me my largest combos. If you do Rodan well he can really surpass Ghidorah, but Biollante's sweeping tendrils decimate a broad area around her and they're not even specials.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Beat DOOM this weekend and popped this in for some fun. Lord I forgot just how frustrating and broken this game is. Definitely some fun moments and concepts, but all around yeeesh. I miss Save the Earth and Destory All Monsters Melee :(
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Maritonic wrote:Beat DOOM this weekend and popped this in for some fun. Lord I forgot just how frustrating and broken this game is. Definitely some fun moments and concepts, but all around yeeesh. I miss Save the Earth and Destory All Monsters Melee :(
Such a shame. It looks very stylish.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

All this game needed was 4 major things to get things right:

1. Health bars for the player.
2. More objectives than merely destroy the reactor or kill the enemy Kaiju.
3. The ability to aim your beams.
4. The ability to block.

If that was the case, it would’ve surely appealed to the masses.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

They’d still bitch about the snail pace movement
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

It'd still be a really slow, ugly game with awful character balance and controls.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote:All this game needed was 4 major things to get things right:

4. The ability to block.

mmmmmmmm....kinda.

It'd probably make the game better to play, but I think it would still be ripped apart because everyone hates slow games nowadays.

RIP Evan.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

The game isn't even remotely "ugly". It's basically an upscaled PS3 game, anyway, or did we all forget that? It wasn't built from the ground up on PS4 development kits.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Goji wrote:The game isn't even remotely "ugly". It's basically an upscaled PS3 game, anyway, or did we all forget that? It wasn't built from the ground up on PS4 development kits.
Doesn't negate it's awful art style and performance. Even for a PS3 game it looked bad.
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

LegendZilla wrote:All this game needed was 4 major things to get things right:

4. The ability to block.

I concur. This looks to solve MUCH of what was needed to make this game a worthy successor to the Pipework's Trilogy. I might add one thing though... DOUBLE the arena sizes.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
Goji wrote:The game isn't even remotely "ugly". It's basically an upscaled PS3 game, anyway, or did we all forget that? It wasn't built from the ground up on PS4 development kits.
Even for a PS3 game it looked bad.
Nah, but you're welcome to go ahead and keep thinking that.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

Godzilla needs a modern big-budgeted, well-crafted video game and Godzilla PS3/PS4 was not it. It needs something like Spider-Man just got.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

kamilleblu wrote:Godzilla needs a modern big-budgeted, well-crafted video game and Godzilla PS3/PS4 was not it. It needs something like Spider-Man just got.
Absolutely. Man, the potential is limitless, there's so many directions they could take with a Godzilla game gameplay and story wise.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
kamilleblu wrote:Godzilla needs a modern big-budgeted, well-crafted video game and Godzilla PS3/PS4 was not it. It needs something like Spider-Man just got.
Absolutely. Man, the potential is limitless, there's so many directions they could take with a Godzilla game gameplay and story wise.
It's a catch 22, until a Godzilla game does exceedingly well most game publishers will play it safe and make it a budget title, thus making the odds of such a game being made even less likely.

Go figure.

At this point we just need a 2D fighter like SF and MK or 2D beat em up adventure side scroller like Streets of Rage.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Living Corpse wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Absolutely. Man, the potential is limitless, there's so many directions they could take with a Godzilla game gameplay and story wise.
It's a catch 22, until a Godzilla game does exceedingly well most game publishers will play it safe and make it a budget title, thus making the odds of such a game being made even less likely.

Go figure.

At this point we just need a 2D fighter like SF and MK or 2D beat em up adventure side scroller like Streets of Rage.
True, true. With gameplay that is already known to succeed like the games you mentioned, it would atleast give Godzilla games a place to get started.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Or PS5 when it comes out.

Added in 2 months 3 days 4 hours 6 minutes 36 seconds:
Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3 GAME
T_Wylie2014 wrote:Ghidorah is the only monster in the entire Godzilla franchise save for a few Showa exceptions who never once beat Godzilla.
Um... Invasion of Astro-Monster just called.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LegendZilla wrote:

T_Wylie2014 wrote:Ghidorah is the only monster in the entire Godzilla franchise save for a few Showa exceptions who never once beat Godzilla.
He didn't win in Monster Zero. That's fans that try to give him a victory.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:

He didn't win in Monster Zero. That's fans that try to give him a victory.
Evidence?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Watching the movie and understanding basic narrative structure.