Haruo's Choice: what would YOU do? [SPOILERS]

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Haruo's Choice: what would YOU do?

Post by Maritonic »

vibramrunner wrote:
Zarm wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:I mean...I don't think we need spoilers. Movie's been out for a while and if you WANTED to see it, you would have by now. >,> That's just me though.

Ugh - stop reminding me of this scene. As soon as I started liking Yuko...
It seems to be taken as a given here, but... do we know for sure she's dead? I keep thinking that maybe the Mothra-folk are going to be able to save her...
Not to be too insensitive about it, but I kinda hope they don't. She's a pretty generic character.
All the characters are.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

^LOL, well this is valid. I did enjoy part 2 though, I think they made some nice improvements. She was just as bad as the first movie though.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

ManuJM1997 wrote:Taking into account that she cried Nanometal (and as such, most if not of her body's water has turned into nanometal) I don't think she'll survive.
+1 ^

When the Nanometal core died, aka MG's brain. The rest of the "extentions" of it should die along with it, seeing as how Galu-alo sorta critical errored and crashed into MG city. Which leaves us with Yuko. If the diagram for Nano Metal assimilation was correct that they displayed in the movie, over 75% of her body was being assimilated, most likely on a internal level rather then surface. When the core died, the 75% of her nano body ceased to function. In other words, she died pretty painfully as all of her nerve endings fired off and over 75% of her body wasn't working. Pretty sure she was still alive prior since the nano metal acted as a life support.

It might be possible to revive her but it would be a serious plot cop out. Maybe her "spirit" can live on within nano metal but I'm not seeing it sense the metal itself is now inert and the control hive mind brain is destroyed, if her mind was digitized it is probably lost.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

vibramrunner wrote:
Zarm wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:I mean...I don't think we need spoilers. Movie's been out for a while and if you WANTED to see it, you would have by now. >,> That's just me though.

Ugh - stop reminding me of this scene. As soon as I started liking Yuko...
It seems to be taken as a given here, but... do we know for sure she's dead? I keep thinking that maybe the Mothra-folk are going to be able to save her...
Not to be too insensitive about it, but I kinda hope they don't. She's a pretty generic character.

To a degree, yes. But when she actually sided with the Bilusaludos (at least in principle), I found myself getting intrigued by the character.

I would kinda hope they do, if only because I don't like the notion that basically everything was lost because Haruo was a moron. I mean, if he'd let the two assimilated folk (since he was in no danger) kill Godzilla and then destroyed the city, he'd have Godzilla and Mechagodzilla City destroyed, and she would be no deader. If he allowed Godzilla to survive and thwarted the attack in order to save her, stopping the threat five minutes earlier, I totally get it- that's the right choice, I think (to answer the OP), evne if it is not the pragmatic one... but the idea that he just waited too long and got the worst of both worlds, losing everything to his own sheet incompetence...

That, I would not like. :)
Last edited by Zarm on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Zarm wrote:To a degree, yes. But when she actually sided with the Bilusaludos (at least in principle), I found myself getting intrigued by the character.

I would kinda hope they do, if only because I don't like the notion that basically everything was lost because Haruo was a moron. I mean, if he'd let the two assimilated folk (since he was in no danger) kill Godzilla and then destroyed the city, he'd have Godzilla and Mechagodzilla City destroyed, and she would be no deader. If he allowed Godzilla to survive and thwarted the attack in order to save her, stopping the threat five minutes earlier, I totally get it- that's the right choice, I think (to answer the OP), evne if it is not the pragmatic one... but the idea that he just waited too long and got the worst of both worlds, losing everything to his own sheet incompetence...

That, I would not like. :)
Ditto. She sided with the fact that they have a common goal, and what one side is willing to do to achieve that is their call, as long as it doesn't effect the others. Which it ultimately did.

As for the strategy. The strategy needed ALL 3 Vultures to dive into Godzilla. The fact that Haruo was somehow immune to nano metal would have thrown a wrench into the plan since all 3 needed to be heat resistant for them to maintain control and direction, i'm assuming.

IIRC, Yuko basically went full on paralysis very early on. If Haruo would have blasted the control center then and there, it wouldn't have made a difference. If anything the nano metal would have been less invasive but still would have "nano-tized" some organs...limbs...rendering them use useless and probably some massive internal damage. Ultimately, it was a lose lose.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Haruo's Choice: what would YOU do? [SPOILERS]

Post by Ivo-goji »

My problem with killing Yuko is that, by that point, Haruo's motivations had shifted from wanting to kill Godzilla at all costs to wanting to reclaim Earth so the people he loved would be able to live in peace again. Letting Yuko die when she was the major reason Haruo had changed in the first place seems to make his choice virtually pointless.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

I would have chosen to fuse with the nanometal, in all honesty.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

It's cool, he still has the twins. :lol:

But seriously not only would have Mechagodzilla become the gray goo and turn the whole planet into...himself, but Godzilla would not have died. It was trying to take over his body, Godzilla would have lived on as a slave, a new body for Mechagodzilla. Godzilla wouldn't have been stopped or killed, he'd just be possessed by Mechagodzilla, who is worse.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

I would keep my humanity. It simply isn't worth sacrificing for a plan that might not even work. If it doesn't, I'm just broken parts at that point. It's not worth it. Besides, a few people's comments on the subject on this thread make a valid point; if Godzilla died, that would replace one menace for another. The whole world was Godzilla (it's called "Godzilla Earth" for a reason), so it would envelop everything around it and we would be right back where we started anyway.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.