Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Maritonic wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: This whole unpainted on the back thing really confuses me.
You don't, if ever see them from the back. Why waste materials on painting the back or even painting area's correctly? :P
No yeah I get the logistics. Still lazy af lol

I know. Frustrating, ain't it? ...At least for me it is.

Okay... I'll drop the subject now.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:You know, I just noticed something, the new MMS adult Mothra has even less paint on the bottom of the wings then the original release!

Granted, the original didn't exactly have that much more paint on the bottom of the wings, but for the love of Godzilla Bandai! WHY?!?!

...It's little things like that that really bother me, but I digress.
I think it's because A. they were trying to pass off this as something else, and B. Bandai isn't putting as much into reissues unfortunately.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Salzilla wrote:B. Bandai isn't putting as much into reissues unfortunately.
Bandai hasn't been putting effort into their vinyl paint since Ginga S. More specifically, the backside/underside of figures - or just the entire figure at all depending.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

There’s some decent ones in there like Biollante recently, but yeah. At least they’re cheap! :)
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

The most weirdest thing after all is, comparing the old UMS (1000 Yen) wih their DX counterpart (2500 Yen) from today, you can actually see the difference and how lazy the paint job is.
Remember the Gorg Fire Golza vinyl from 2016? He cost around 200 Yen more than the normal Golza from 2009 and still missed a lot of paint.

I get that prices keep rising as time goes on but quality should be kept at least. Otherwise those vinyls are getting overpriced way too fast.

Just wait'N'watch and soon we will get a vinyl figure with no paint apps at all for 3000 Yen ... :freak:

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Dramorg wrote:The most weirdest thing after all is, comparing the old UMS (1000 Yen) wih their DX counterpart (2500 Yen) from today, you can actually see the difference and how lazy the paint job is.
Remember the Gorg Fire Golza vinyl from 2016? He cost around 200 Yen more than the normal Golza from 2009 and still missed a lot of paint.

I get that prices keep rising as time goes on but quality should be kept at least. Otherwise those vinyls are getting overpriced way too fast.

Just wait'N'watch and soon we will get a vinyl figure with no paint apps at all for 3000 Yen ... :freak:
You all want good paint apps? Something we should expect for a figure of that price or atleast what it was a few years back?

Give bandai 50/200 bucks!

**Refering to the Gatanozoa Set and other "limited" Sofubi releases.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Dramorg wrote:The most weirdest thing after all is, comparing the old UMS (1000 Yen) wih their DX counterpart (2500 Yen) from today, you can actually see the difference and how lazy the paint job is.

You all want good paint apps? Something we should expect for a figure of that price or atleast what it was a few years back?

Give bandai 50/200 bucks!

**Refering to the Gatanozoa Set and other "limited" Sofubi releases.

More money for minimal effort is the name of the game these days I guess. It's unfortunate, because Bandai HAS produced very good quality products in the past (see Steven's post above) which only irritates me all the more at their current quality.

"But at least they're cheap" You may say. And yes, I do get that argument, but just because the price of a product is cheaper, doesn't mean that the amount of effort should be as well. imo. And yeah, don't even get me started on those "exclusive" figures and sets. Ugh. Okay, rant over.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

So far as I can tell, the Anime Mechagodzilla still hasn't been released, right? Is there anywhere to pre-order him?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Am I...out of line or is $45 a bit steep?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

"The 19 cm-tall item is the first entry from Bandai's newly-launched soft vinyl figure line for adults, "Master Detail Movie Monster Series,"

I guess it's bigger and more detailed?

idk, personally I think the Anime Mecha Godzilla design is awful so I'm not a good judge of it.

But yeah I guess $45. for a vinyl that's basically one solid color seems a bit excessive.

...I'm curious what else is planned for their, "Master Detail Movie Monster Series"
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Maritonic wrote:Am I...out of line or is $45 a bit steep?
Welcome to the new bandai! To be fair it's a super detailee subline, except you know the paint...

Yeah it's kinda steep but look at how much the tamashii soul of sofubi Pacific rim figures went for.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:Am I...out of line or is $45 a bit steep?
Welcome to the new bandai! To be fair it's a super detailee subline, except you know the paint...

Yeah it's kinda steep but look at how much the tamashii soul of sofubi Pacific rim figures went for.
I mean, Biollante set me back $16+s/h. I get this guy is bigger and definitely has more details but $45? $25, hell even $30 I could kind of understand. But I feel the insanely hilarious lack of any paint except for red eyes has to account for something.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Do any of you feel that Bandai and Tamashi Nations should just discontinue the Monsterarts line and incorporate it into the main Figuarts line like how they did with Ultra-act?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:...I'm curious what else is planned for their, "Master Detail Movie Monster Series"
They should have made their recent Biollante vinyl part of this line instead of having it shrunken to unbearably tiny proportions, yo ~
Size DOES matter!

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Petezilla wrote:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:...I'm curious what else is planned for their, "Master Detail Movie Monster Series"
They should have made their recent Biollante vinyl part of this line instead of having it shrunken to unbearably tiny proportions, yo ~
Maybe that IS what they’re gonna do next, so that everyone who bought the standard figure, thinking that is was gonna be the only Biollante figure they’d make, will now have to go out and buy this bigger, more expensive figure as well! :P
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

I've only seen it on sale for about $90. The exclusivity sucks since it's a figure I'd like to own but not at $90. Hope I can find a seller with more reasonable prices.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Anything known from Bandai about a Gridman vinyl to the anime? A different company already presented a classic and anime Gridman.

Daikaiju Dust?
GPN Volunteer

Post by Daikaiju Dust? »

Hobby Link has a pic of the Bandai MMS Rodan up on it’s site now. Looks like a new version, but I haven’t been following too closely the series as of late. Anyone have any information on this version of “Radon” as it is listed.
Link:
https://hlj.com/product/BANN23649
Pickles & Biscuits!