Monster Mayhem Round 7: GodzillavsRayquaza vs. MuchWowSuchGodzilla

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Monster Mayhem Round 7: GodzillavsRayquaza vs. MuchWowSuchGodzilla

Post by Coobzilla03 »

GodzillavsRayquaza
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Hedorah
- Titanosaurus
- Mothra (1964)
- Megalon
- Kumonga (Showa)
- The Big One
- Mothra ('03)
- Megaguirus
- Mechani-Kong
- Gigan (Showa)

vs.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
- Godzilla (2014)
- Godzilla (2004)
- MUTO (Female)
- Kumonga (2004)
- King Ghidorah (2001)
- Striker Eureka
- King Kong ('17)
- King Ghidorah (Showa)
- Zilla Junior

Arena: NYC (Godzilla '98)

GvR, do you want to deploy your Gyaos? Voting may begin with your answer.
Resized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: Monster Mayhem Round 7: GodzillavsRayquaza vs. MuchWowSuchGodzilla

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I will not deploy the Gyaos.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Voting may begin!
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by MuchWowSuchGodzilla »

Well well well...the one person I didnt want to go against.

Im writing all of the monster down so its easier to remember who has who.

GodzillavsRayquaza
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Hedorah
- Titanosaurus
- Mothra (1964)
- Megalon
- Kumonga (Showa)
- The Big One
- Mothra ('03)
- Megaguirus
- Mechani-Kong
- Gigan (Showa)

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
- Godzilla (2014)
- Godzilla (2004)
- MUTO (Female)
- Kumonga (2004)
- King Ghidorah (2001)
- Striker Eureka
- King Kong ('17)
- King Ghidorah (Showa)
- Zilla Junior

Godzilla 2014 and FeMUTO will probably go for GMK just as it was speculated in the last fight. Those two working together should be able to work on him and kill him quick enough to help the others, or at the very least beat him down long enough for backup to arrive and finish the job. Zilla Jr can handle anyone of GvRs draft kaiju alone, and G2004 can multitask to make up for the numbers advantage. Kong'17 and the SkullCrawler has the same result, with Kong having injuries post battle. Both King Ghidorahs can attempt to keep Hedorah at bay, especially Showa with his gravity bolts, and Striker Eureka and Kumonga will struggle against Megalon and Gigan. Megaguiruis will be a problem, but unlike GvRs last match, I have extremely melee orientated fighers and as soon as Megaguiruis gets close, she will get mauled instantly. I dont think I come out of this unscathed at all, and in fact, Hedorah could probably wipe out Kong, Kumonga, and GMK Ghidorah.

So far we have -
G2004
Zilla Jr
Striker Eureka
Slightly Injured G14
Slightly Injured FeMUTO
Showa King Ghidorah
vs

Heavily Injured GMK
Hedorah
Megalon
GIgan

In this fight, I have the advantage. GMK Godzilla is injured severly, and with no regen, he wont survive the first onslaught. King Ghidorah and Zilla Jrs combined beams can start to damage Hedorah, and G2004 and Striker Eureka can defeat the Showa Duo, but Striker Eurekas subpar durability with these monsters kick in and I can see him falling. G2004 has the regen and durability to fight Hedorah, and knowing his melee orientated style, I can see him beating Hedorah to a pulp while Jr and Showa continue to spam beams. FeMUTO and G14 can also charge in and maul Hedorah, but without any regen they wont last very long. Luckily for them, Hedorah will be fried out by the time that happens.

Confidently, I/MWSG wins.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I hate to be reductionist, as I know that this will be my greatest challenge in a GvsRq fight, but... can anything here actually kill Hedorah? I'm not so sure about that, and I'd need to see some support on just how G2004 would pull it off.

Leaning GvsRQ, but willing to hear the arguments.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Yeah, Hedorah takes a gigantic dump over a lot of MWSG's team, because you piece his hide, your arms and legs are getting dissolved. Female Muto is straight up USELESS against it, Striker Eureka is mostly useless if she punches through or uses her blades, since we know SE prefers to soften up the target before using the missiles (which still won't kill Hedorah), 2004 Godzilla is not going to have a fun time, G14 is straight up screwed unless he opens with the atomic breath, Kong 17 is basically useless against him, and Kumonga does jack all. Really, it comes down to Toonzilla and both Ghidorahs, since Toonzilla's atomic ray and the ghidorah's gravity bolts MIGHT be able to dry out Hedorah... but even that's not a guarantee. Nevermind there's still the juggernaut that is Titanosaurus who is stronger than anyone on MWSG's team, Showa Gigana nd Megalon who make a pretty scary duo in their own right, Ramarak who just never gives up and is agile and powerful in its own right.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Call now within the next 5 minutes, and we'll throw in a free Megaguirus, who's very presence renders Striker Eureka a non-factor, thus immediately putting MWSG's team on the back foot. The MAIN saving graces for MWSG are that Mechani-Kong just... sorta exists, and GMK Godzilla is pretty mediocre as far as Godzillas go.

Still, the numbers advantage means a few of MWSG's guys are going to get double teamed, if not worse, and that's not going to end well. GvR has my vote.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Megaguirus will be an interesting factor here, btw. I think G2004 is the only one with a shot at her. Based on his performance against the agile Kamacuras, I think he can kill her- but if he's engaged against Hedorah and Megaguirus goes against 2014, she can definitely drain him before he can fire off a shot, leaving him without a breath and her with a new weapon... that could definitely turn the tide.

Added in 3 minutes 51 seconds:
Giratina93 wrote:The MAIN saving graces for MWSG are that Mechani-Kong just... sorta exists
In theory, the female MUTO's pulse takes Mechani-Kong out of the action, too.

Thank you for the most entertaining summation I've read this tournament. :)
Last edited by Zarm on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Zarm wrote:I hate to be reductionist, as I know that this will be my greatest challenge in a GvsRq fight, but... can anything here actually kill Hedorah? I'm not so sure about that, and I'd need to see some support on just how G2004 would pull it off.

Leaning GvsRQ, but willing to hear the arguments.
Well for one, Showa King Ghidorah has very powerful lightning beams that he LOVES to spam, and Zilla Jrs beam was able to melt steel. Combined with G2004 and G14s beam, there is more than enough firepower to kill Hedorah.
yeah, Hedorah takes a gigantic dump over a lot of MWSG's team, because you piece his hide, your arms and legs are getting dissolved. Female Muto is straight up USELESS against it, Striker Eureka is mostly useless if she punches through or uses her blades, since we know SE prefers to soften up the target before using the missiles (which still won't kill Hedorah), 2004 Godzilla is not going to have a fun time, G14 is straight up screwed unless he opens with the atomic breath, Kong 17 is basically useless against him, and Kumonga does jack all. Really, it comes down to Toonzilla and both Ghidorahs, since Toonzilla's atomic ray and the ghidorah's gravity bolts MIGHT be able to dry out Hedorah... but even that's not a guarantee. Nevermind there's still the juggernaut that is Titanosaurus who is stronger than anyone on MWSG's team, Showa Gigana nd Megalon who make a pretty scary duo in their own right, Ramarak who just never gives up and is agile and powerful in its own right.
I agree with all but a few things. Hedorah isnt fighting everyone at once. 2004 Godzilla has enough regen and durability to survive Hedorah up close, and we dont know what a kinetic beam would do to Hedorah. Im thinking it could pierce him like it did to his Final Wars Counterpart. Theres also the idea that with Showa spamming his gravity bolts, one of them could hit Hedorahs big ass eye. Kumonga could web most of the Kaiju on GvRs team, and ToonZilla and King Ghidorah both could decimate Titano. Sure hes strong, but as soon as KG bites him which he will, its all over. The Skullwalker will be killed by Kong, and the numbers advantage doesnt mean much when every Godzilla on my team has fought more than one opponent at once and prevailed(Well G14 was holding his own but slowly declining, but you know what I mean). Dumb and dumber are a strong duo, yes, but if any one of my Godzillas get free then its all over for them.

Megaguiruis would get decimated going against Jr or G2004, and FeMUTO can take to the sky and cause problems aswell. Forgot about Striker Eureka, but MechaniKong gets shorted out due to FeMUTOS emps aswell.

EDIT

If Showa was smart enough to know to gut Hedorah, a competent G2004 could do the exact same.

Zilla JR could also disrupt the entire battlefield via burrowing.
Last edited by MuchWowSuchGodzilla on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...Duuuude. Imagine the staring contest Iris and Jet Jaguar could have. Now THAT would be a battle for the ages!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I want to be choosy on Hedorah's defeat; obviously just saying 'a ray that is hot enough will dry him out' isn't valid; Godzilla has a heat ray that's plenty hot, hot enough to melt rocks like volley-balls, and that didn't do the trick. Maybe the key to the electricity is permeation, rather than just surface heating? I mean, for instance, I want to give Jiger a shot (I mean, a heat ray that vaporizes outer layers) because that's a specific heat-ray... but I know Heisei's ray is far hotter, and I don't know that I would call that justified. It's a fine, confusing line to walk.

That said, can we agree on a ground-rule for Hedorah? We all know how hard he is to kill for good, but if he's reduced to the final flying form, is that essentially a defeat? (Yes, I am already looking forward to and dreading my rematch...) I mean, I know normal flying form still has weaponry and shape-changing abilities... but this is a flying for that did not demonstrate that, and has had significant mass depletion. If Hedorah reaches that fleeing stage, can that be counted as it-defeated? Or, with the no-fleeing rule, is it just being counted as having all the normal flying-form's capabilities and carrying on the fight? That said, if that is the group consensus, would we at least agree that the dehydration of that is enough to 'kill' Hedorah, without requiring the tear-it-apart-and-eye-burning, since we're not going for total annihilation here, just battle-ending? What are y'all's thoughts?

In terms of the post above- not sure I could agree on Ghidorah's gravity beams, as even though they are bolts, their name/usage have never really given them electrical properties. I'd be hesitant about G2004's beam for the same reason as showa's beam; it's plenty hot, sure- but that wasn't enough in the film. G14's beam, I'd lean toward a little more, having a more saturating 'radioactive vomit' consistency; I could see its ability to really get in there and mix in and dry things up. Zilla Jr., I don't know about, but have the same reservations regarding beams.

A few other issues/questions:
How would the FeMUTO fly?
Why do you feel Zilla Jr. would prevail against Megaguirus? (I'm not super-familiar with him)
Keep in mind that Megalon and Gigan operated as an effective tag-team and a tactical partnership, laying traps for Godzilla and the like. I agree that 2004 could probably best them, but I think 2014 might actually be outmatched there.
I would agree that Kumonga's webs and King Ghidorah/MUTO/2004's immense damage-soak potential are probably your best underestimated assets here.

Still leaning GvsRQ- but pending the answers to these questions and a group consensus on Hedorah's defeat conditions/methods, I will revisit in more detail.

Maranatha!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Zarm wrote:I want to be choosy on Hedorah's defeat; obviously just saying 'a ray that is hot enough will dry him out' isn't valid; Godzilla has a heat ray that's plenty hot, hot enough to melt rocks like volley-balls, and that didn't do the trick. Maybe the key to the electricity is permeation, rather than just surface heating? I mean, for instance, I want to give Jiger a shot (I mean, a heat ray that vaporizes outer layers) because that's a specific heat-ray... but I know Heisei's ray is far hotter, and I don't know that I would call that justified. It's a fine, confusing line to walk.

That said, can we agree on a ground-rule for Hedorah? We all know how hard he is to kill for good, but if he's reduced to the final flying form, is that essentially a defeat? (Yes, I am already looking forward to and dreading my rematch...) I mean, I know normal flying form still has weaponry and shape-changing abilities... but this is a flying for that did not demonstrate that, and has had significant mass depletion. If Hedorah reaches that fleeing stage, can that be counted as it-defeated? Or, with the no-fleeing rule, is it just being counted as having all the normal flying-form's capabilities and carrying on the fight? That said, if that is the group consensus, would we at least agree that the dehydration of that is enough to 'kill' Hedorah, without requiring the tear-it-apart-and-eye-burning, since we're not going for total annihilation here, just battle-ending? What are y'all's thoughts?

In terms of the post above- not sure I could agree on Ghidorah's gravity beams, as even though they are bolts, their name/usage have never really given them electrical properties. I'd be hesitant about G2004's beam for the same reason as showa's beam; it's plenty hot, sure- but that wasn't enough in the film. G14's beam, I'd lean toward a little more, having a more saturating 'radioactive vomit' consistency; I could see its ability to really get in there and mix in and dry things up. Zilla Jr., I don't know about, but have the same reservations regarding beams.

A few other issues/questions:
How would the FeMUTO fly?
Why do you feel Zilla Jr. would prevail against Megaguirus? (I'm not super-familiar with him)
Keep in mind that Megalon and Gigan operated as an effective tag-team and a tactical partnership, laying traps for Godzilla and the like. I agree that 2004 could probably best them, but I think 2014 might actually be outmatched there.
I would agree that Kumonga's webs and King Ghidorah/MUTO/2004's immense damage-soak potential are probably your best underestimated assets here.

Still leaning GvsRQ- but pending the answers to these questions and a group consensus on Hedorah's defeat conditions/methods, I will revisit in more detail.
Zarm wrote:I want to be choosy on Hedorah's defeat; obviously just saying 'a ray that is hot enough will dry him out' isn't valid; Godzilla has a heat ray that's plenty hot, hot enough to melt rocks like volley-balls, and that didn't do the trick. Maybe the key to the electricity is permeation, rather than just surface heating? I mean, for instance, I want to give Jiger a shot (I mean, a heat ray that vaporizes outer layers) because that's a specific heat-ray... but I know Heisei's ray is far hotter, and I don't know that I would call that justified. It's a fine, confusing line to walk.
Showa King Ghidorah has bolts that seem to sit on enemies, and was also able to one shot buildings. Zilla Jrs beam was able to melt steel, destroy Lava resistant rocks, and turn sand to glass. G2004 has the most kinetic Godzilla beam, ever, and G14s doesnt have the best showings, or much at all to be honest. GMK Ghidorah could also bite at Hedorah, although that would be a suicide attempt.
Zarm wrote: That said, can we agree on a ground-rule for Hedorah? We all know how hard he is to kill for good, but if he's reduced to the final flying form, is that essentially a defeat? (Yes, I am already looking forward to and dreading my rematch...) I mean, I know normal flying form still has weaponry and shape-changing abilities... but this is a flying for that did not demonstrate that, and has had significant mass depletion. If Hedorah reaches that fleeing stage, can that be counted as it-defeated? Or, with the no-fleeing rule, is it just being counted as having all the normal flying-form's capabilities and carrying on the fight? That said, if that is the group consensus, would we at least agree that the dehydration of that is enough to 'kill' Hedorah, without requiring the tear-it-apart-and-eye-burning, since we're not going for total annihilation here, just battle-ending? What are y'all's thoughts?
I think it wouldn't be fair to GvR if there was a rule. Hedorah is hard to kill but unkillable, and Showa Godzillas beam is mediocre compared to other Godzillas. I would say everyone left in the tournament has a Kaiju on their team capable of damaging Hedorah. Lets not forget Hedorah naturally dries out from not being close to water, so if you team has surviveability thats a possible win as well.
Zarm wrote: How would the FeMUTO fly?
Zilla Jr has bested many Kaiju similar to Megaguiruis, but the most similar was Queen Bee. He has very good reaction times and fights a little similar to that of G2004, and has the H2H combat experience to deal with Megaguiruis easily. The FeMUTO has flight capabilites Zarm, unless you are under the assumption that she would be fighting on land, and to that then no she wont be flying. G14 may have some troubles alone, but with help he could get the job done. Zilla Jr could also burrow and disrupt the traps. Even I overlooked Kumonga in this fight. Her webbing would be useless against Hedorah, but with how efficiently she webs and how quick its done, I can definitely see her aiding in the defeat of the SkullCrawler or Titanosaurus. Showa Ghidorah is a sponge, and a spammer, and I dont think Kumonga, Megalon, or Titano would be able to survive the spam for much long at all. G2004 has incredible durability and a killer beam, along with intelligence and Showa Level H2H combat skills. He was shown to be able to 1v3, and threw Kumonga over the horizon. He was smart enough to blow up the forest where Kamacarus was hiding, catch him, and impale him. That feat is one of the main reasons why I see Megaguiruis falling.

Added in 23 seconds:
Last edited by MuchWowSuchGodzilla on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

First thing that happens is Mechani-Kong and Striker get disabled. Then Kumonga 04 and the Big One go down. King Kong falls very shortly after. Mothra '64 gets killed then, leaving it like this:
Spoiler:
GodzillavsRayquaza
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Hedorah
- Titanosaurus
- Megalon
- Kumonga (Showa)
- Mothra ('03)
- Megaguirus
- Mechani-Kong (disabled)
- Gigan (Showa)

vs.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
- Godzilla (2014)
- Godzilla (2004)
- MUTO (Female)
- King Ghidorah (2001)
- Striker Eureka (disabled)
- King Ghidorah (Showa)
- Zilla Junior
Things get a little hazy from there... but I generally see Mothra '03 going down, then the female MUTO. Kumonga, having stung one of the Godzilla's or the MUTO, gets killed. King Ghidorah '01 gets killed, shortly after so does Megalon. Zilla Junior kills Megaguirus then gets killed himself. Striker is reactivated.
Here it is:
Spoiler:
GodzillavsRayquaza
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Hedorah
- Titanosaurus
- Gigan (Showa)

vs.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
- Godzilla (2014)
- Godzilla (2004)
- Striker Eureka
- King Ghidorah (Showa)
Titanosaurus goes down, Striker goes down, Gigan goes down. I think Mechani-Kong by this point will be re-enabled, but he gets destroyed.

Spoiler:
GodzillavsRayquaza
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Hedorah

vs.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
- Godzilla (2014)
- Godzilla (2004)
- King Ghidorah (Showa)
At this point, Godzilla 2014 is weak and will get killed by Hedorah. Godzilla 2004, after barely killing GMK, gets killed by Hedorah.

Hedorah vs. King Ghidorah, Ghidorah dies eventually. Hedorah survives dried, but alive. Voting for GvR. Close match.
Resized Image

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Coobzilla03 wrote:First thing that happens is Mechani-Kong and Striker get disabled. Then Kumonga 04 and the Big One go down. King Kong falls very shortly after. Mothra '64 gets killed then, leaving it like this:
Spoiler:
GodzillavsRayquaza
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Hedorah
- Titanosaurus
- Megalon
- Kumonga (Showa)
- Mothra ('03)
- Megaguirus
- Gigan (Showa)

vs.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
- Godzilla (2014)
- Godzilla (2004)
- MUTO (Female)
- King Ghidorah (2001)
- Striker Eureka (disabled)
- King Ghidorah (Showa)
- Zilla Junior
Things get a little hazy from there... but I generally see Mothra '03 going down, then the female MUTO. Kumonga, having stung one of the Godzilla's or the MUTO, gets killed. King Ghidorah '01 gets killed, shortly after so does Megalon. Zilla Junior kills Megaguirus then gets killed himself. Striker is reactivated.
Here it is:
Spoiler:
GodzillavsRayquaza
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Hedorah
- Titanosaurus
- Gigan (Showa)

vs.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
- Godzilla (2014)
- Godzilla (2004)
- Striker Eureka
- King Ghidorah (Showa)
Titanosaurus goes down, Striker goes down, Gigan goes down. I think Mechani-Kong by this point will be re-enabled, but he gets destroyed.

Spoiler:
GodzillavsRayquaza
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Hedorah

vs.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
- Godzilla (2014)
- Godzilla (2004)
- King Ghidorah (Showa)
At this point, Godzilla 2014 is weak and will get killed by Hedorah. Godzilla 2004, after barely killing GMK, gets killed by Hedorah.

Hedorah vs. King Ghidorah, Ghidorah dies eventually. Hedorah survives dried, but alive. Voting for GvR. Close match.
Coobzilla03 wrote: Things get a little hazy from there... but I generally see Mothra '03 going down, then the female MUTO. Kumonga, having stung one of the Godzilla's or the MUTO, gets killed. King Ghidorah '01 gets killed, shortly after so does Megalon. Zilla Junior kills Megaguirus then gets killed himself. Striker is reactivated.
Here it is:
Coob, whos going to take down Zilla Jr? He can out burrow Megalon and maneuver around any of GvRs team.
Coobzilla03 wrote:
Spoiler:
GodzillavsRayquaza
- Godzilla (GMK)
- Hedorah

vs.

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
- Godzilla (2014)
- Godzilla (2004)
- King Ghidorah (Showa)
Showa Ghidorah is the spam god, and we all know how GMK Godzilla reacted to GMK Ghidorahs eletric bite, so he wont be liking Showa Godzilla pummeling him with them. Hes very accurate with them too, being able to snipe tanks while in the air. G2004 has the regen and durability to survive Hedorah for sure, and he can definitely blast Hedorah(not that it would do much damage, but it can definitely push him over and hold him off until G14 and Showa Finish off GMK). I still see G14 going down unfortunately, which leaves Showa King Ghidorah and G2004 to kill Hedorah. Both of these fighters combined can dry out Hedorah, with G2004 and Showa being incredible damage sponges.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Showa King Ghidorah’s gravity beams are nothing special. Their best feat is sending Mothra Larva flying, but that feat also proves their greatest weakness. They have no killing power. Mothra Larva was fine after that, any monsters King Ghidorah knocked down with his gravity bolts got right back up no problem, no scorch marks whatsoever on them. I doubt they could dry out Hedorah in any reasonable time frame, if at all, before Hedorah would be able to take him down. If King Ghidorah always stayed in the air, maybe I would feel differently, but he always returned to the ground eventually. GMK King Ghidorah might be able to dry out Hedorah, but I doubt he’d survive long enough to do so.

The numbers advantage means Gigan and Megalon can double team at least one kaiju, and assuming it isn’t 2004 Godzilla or Zilla Jr, they’re pretty much guaranteed to win. Even if it is one of those two, they’re not getting out of it without being quite injured.

Megaguirus can outmaneuver everyone on the opposing team, and Zilla Jr is the only one I see as being able to take her out in a reasonable enough timeframe for it to be helpful enough. Godzilla 2004 could take her eventually, but I feel that would take too long for it to be done before someone can help Megaguirus.

Titanosaurus is too much for anyone that doesn’t use beams often to beat. Even against an opponent that does use beams often, he’ll do a lot of damage.

Ultimately, I am voting myself as I believe my team is, at worst, powerful enough to wear down the opposition to the point where Hedorah can pick off the remaining opponents. At best, my team is just too much for MWSG’s team to overcome, between the heavy amounts of damage soak and deadly offense, and the presence of Hedorah who’s defeat would require an amount of focus and teamwork that MWSG’s team cannot muster while dealing with the rest of my team.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I would concur. I think GodzillavsRayquaza's team has just a few too many advantages for there to be any other outcome.

Maranatha!

MuchWowSuchGodzilla
G-Force Personnel

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Showa King Ghidorah’s gravity beams are nothing special. Their best feat is sending Mothra Larva flying, but that feat also proves their greatest weakness. They have no killing power. Mothra Larva was fine after that, any monsters King Ghidorah knocked down with his gravity bolts got right back up no problem, no scorch marks whatsoever on them. I doubt they could dry out Hedorah in any reasonable time frame, if at all, before Hedorah would be able to take him down. If King Ghidorah always stayed in the air, maybe I would feel differently, but he always returned to the ground eventually. GMK King Ghidorah might be able to dry out Hedorah, but I doubt he’d survive long enough to do so.

The numbers advantage means Gigan and Megalon can double team at least one kaiju, and assuming it isn’t 2004 Godzilla or Zilla Jr, they’re pretty much guaranteed to win. Even if it is one of those two, they’re not getting out of it without being quite injured.

Megaguirus can outmaneuver everyone on the opposing team, and Zilla Jr is the only one I see as being able to take her out in a reasonable enough timeframe for it to be helpful enough. Godzilla 2004 could take her eventually, but I feel that would take too long for it to be done before someone can help Megaguirus.

Titanosaurus is too much for anyone that doesn’t use beams often to beat. Even against an opponent that does use beams often, he’ll do a lot of damage.

Ultimately, I am voting myself as I believe my team is, at worst, powerful enough to wear down the opposition to the point where Hedorah can pick off the remaining opponents. At best, my team is just too much for MWSG’s team to overcome, between the heavy amounts of damage soak and deadly offense, and the presence of Hedorah who’s defeat would require an amount of focus and teamwork that MWSG’s team cannot muster while dealing with the rest of my team.
It took three monsters to send Ghidorah into retreat. Seven to kill him. Ghidorah had his necks snapped by Zone Fighter, and still kept fighting. Showa KG was also able to level buildings with his bolts, I know I sound like a broken record here but this is important because 1. It can knock fighters over 2. Visibly shocked Showa Godzilla before, but it does have some bad feats with any beam. and 3. He loves to spam them. This combined is enough to cause Mayhem to the entire battlefield.

I feel like you guys are overrating the duo here. Megalon is tissue paper, and Gigan only seemed strong when he was mind controlled and working with King Ghidorah. On his own, he is average at best.

G2004 dealt with a very similar Kaiju in Kamacarus, he can deal with Megaguiruis the same way and swiftly aswell.

Titano is VERY STRONG, but is also a slow fighter. I feel like G14 could just outright maul him, sure he may have some difficulties but it wouldn't be long before Titano gets crushed or simply dies from an atomic breath.

I have a Kaiju that can withstand Hedorah, and 2 that could dry out Hedorah given enough time. Hes not unstoppable, and thats part of the reason I didn't pick him. I wanted to show that he CAN be beaten, and I really do think he can be beaten in this scenario too. I also completely forgot about GMK Ghidorahs ability to absorb beams, he could absorb GMK Godzillas beam and send it right back at him.
Zarm wrote:I would concur. I think GodzillavsRayquaza's team has just a few too many advantages for there to be any other outcome.
:( read above.
Last edited by MuchWowSuchGodzilla on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Sorry, but Meglaon isn't tissue paper; we never even saw what damage level it takes to put him down. Gigan and Megalon work well together, to the point where the film portrayed them as a threat to Godzilla's life. Both use combined tactics, both can soak a fair amount of damage, and both have pretty damaging arsenals.

King Ghidorah is a damage sponge, no question. That's why I wanted him. :) But he does not have a great damage record. He kind of tends to meander the terrain. And while his sweeps do seem to stay more on-target than Heisei KG's (he seems to hit most of his targets in vs. Gigan, for instance), he's still not a great marksman. He tends to just brush past a target, only graze them, sweep across the tip of a tail; he doesn't really strike for the center mass a lot of the time, when he's in a muti-kaiju engagement.

And while I do agree that G2004 can deal with Megaguirus and Titano won't last forever... well, hey, I just don't know how you even kill Hedorah. (That's why I wanted him. ;) ) I'm happy to try and establish some ground rules, as discussed above- but as it stands, he's not unstoppable... but I think he'll take more of a concerted effort than your outnumbered, otherwise-engaged team can muster. The pieces are all there for your team to deal with each of his... but those pieces can only be in one place at a time each, and while they could deal with the individual threats, the sum total of outnumbering threats is too much for them to take on at once, for me.
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!