Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
UltramanGoji

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by UltramanGoji »

MandaSaurus wrote:Anyone seen newer photos of the upcoming Radon & Gigan vinyls? The first ones we saw were kinda small and lacked detail... :eh:

They're basically going to look the exact same as they always have so not sure why you're so interested in photos of them.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Added in 41 seconds:
Not terribly impressed with these guys. Guess cool for people who missed out on pass releases?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I am going to laugh if the Rodan tag features Showa Rodan, however.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Have you guys seen that Purple Translucent Shin Godzilla? It looks pretty awesome. I am just wondering when it is releasing.
Long Live The King

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

nice to see pictures, I've had them pre-ordered since they became available.

Rodan looks better than I expected actually.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

MM Raids Again wrote:I am going to laugh if the Rodan tag features Showa Rodan, however.

tbh. After what they did with tags of the recent Mothra figs, that wouldn't surprise me.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

If the toy having the wrong picture on it is an issue in your life, count yourself as beyond lucky

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Hokmuto wrote:Have you guys seen that Purple Translucent Shin Godzilla? It looks pretty awesome. I am just wondering when it is releasing.
It already has been released. It's a Taiwan Exhibition exclusive and already going for them big bucks.
Size DOES matter!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:nice to see pictures, I've had them pre-ordered since they became available.

Rodan looks better than I expected actually.
Really? I think the yellow on him is way too bright, personally. The wings look cool, but his chest and legs looks almost cartoonish to me.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

You all know those AREN'T the colors of the reissues right? FW Rodan is the pink tag and Gigan is the Green tag variants from a while back.

Expect the colors to look vaguely similar just unpainted on the back and less paint overall.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah sorry to cause confusion with those.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SpaceG92 wrote:Expect the colors to look vaguely similar just unpainted on the back and less paint overall.
+1

This whole unpainted on the back thing really confuses me.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Maritonic wrote: This whole unpainted on the back thing really confuses me.
You don't, if ever see them from the back. Why waste materials on painting the back or even painting area's correctly? :P

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: This whole unpainted on the back thing really confuses me.
You don't, if ever see them from the back. Why waste materials on painting the back or even painting area's correctly? :P
No yeah I get the logistics. Still lazy af lol

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

well, the description of less paint is about what I expected. It's why I said those pics looked better than what I was expecting.

ok, back to expecting what I was expecting. hahaha

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

If anything Biollante is a good example of what the expect paint wise and Goidzura-URF SpitmuhFire version is what to expect when they want to do "extreme" paint apps.

What you shouldn't expect is Ultra DX Greeza or Ultra Kaiju Shepardon. Though hey, wouldn't put it past them.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Hold on a second, those pictures up there aren't from the new Rodan and Gigan vinyls, they are the old ones (just look closely and you see the old G-09 tag on Gigan, and even closer to see the old tag for Rodan).

Ah Showa Rodan tag would be pretty funny! I'm looking forward to see, whether the new Rodan will have realistic eyes instead of shiny green ones the old release had.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Dramorg wrote:Hold on a second, those pictures up there aren't from the new Rodan and Gigan vinyls, they are the old ones (just look closely and you see the old G-09 tag on Gigan, and even closer to see the old tag for Rodan).
Ahem....
SpaceG92 wrote:You all know those AREN'T the colors of the reissues right? FW Rodan is the pink tag and Gigan is the Green tag variants from a while back.

Expect the colors to look vaguely similar just unpainted on the back and less paint overall.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Maritonic wrote:
Dramorg wrote:Hold on a second, those pictures up there aren't from the new Rodan and Gigan vinyls, they are the old ones (just look closely and you see the old G-09 tag on Gigan, and even closer to see the old tag for Rodan).
Ahem....
Sorry, just kept scrolling through and read about all of them writing like those are the new ones

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzillian wrote:If the toy having the wrong picture on it is an issue in your life, count yourself as beyond lucky
Well, I already own the original (probably far beyond better painted) versions so I can still laugh.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?