The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by Maritonic »

Godzilla21 wrote:If we didn't get something I'd be disappointed. But I'd move on quick. I think some people here will have a full on meltdown
Resized Image
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Like i said it doesn't have to be a plot point or anything like that just vague themes and little visual cues. Things of that nature.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

*delete post please*
Last edited by gridiron_kaiju on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Stupid pet theory I have: Remember when Legendary copyrighted the name Ramarak with Skull Devil and we all thought that was the name of the alpha Skullcrawler, and then it was never used? What if Ramarak is the name of some new monster that'll show up later in the Monsterverse like a Skull Island beastie that Kong kills during GVK or
Spoiler:
those Ghidorah parasites the 4chan leaks mentioned for GKOTM?

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

"Ramarak" was also copyrighted with "Ramarak the Skull Crawler", so that theory is debunked.

https://trademarks.justia.com/search?q=ramarak

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

Maritonic wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:If we didn't get something I'd be disappointed. But I'd move on quick. I think some people here will have a full on meltdown
Resized Image
I don't think anyone will disagree that it'll be ok to disappointed and upset if we don't get anything. I myself will 100% be pretty upset if they show nothing at all. That being said...I'm not looking forward to the people that are TOO upset about it.
LONG LIVE THE KING

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Honestly the only reason we wouldn't get something is the shifting of the release date. That's the only thing that could stop us from getting something. Though we did get a teaser of sorts for Justice League over a year ahead of its release so.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

They'd be fools not to at least show something at Comic Con.
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

They will definitely reveal something. If they can reveal a tease of Mothra's design last year, common sense says they will release something this year. Whether that's a teaser poster, still images, or more monster design teases, who knows?. The real debatable question is will we get a teaser trailer? I personally don't believe we will, but any chance of us getting one honestly depends on the presence of a panel in Hall H on July 21st. We still don't know if they'll have one, but we should know by this Saturday. If they don't have one, there is no chance of a teaser.
Last edited by Moogabunga on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Don't be surprised though if WB doesn't mention all of their film panels on Saturday. They'll probably say some shit like "Aquaman, Wonder Woman 84, and Shazam panels plus more"

I just wish they weren't doing Wonder Woman stuff: they have all of fucking 2019 to promote it. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they waste Con time trying to tell everyone their updated DC film slate in which 95% of the projects will never see the light of day, or waste time telling people that Ben Affleck is still Batman
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Im doing my best to set myself up for disappointment. Still like I said they released footage of Justice League in 2016 and the movie didn't come out till November of the next year. Its pretty much 50/50. Even if a panel is not announced this weekend then keep a look out if several of the cast members are sighted at SDCC before that Saturday, then chances are something is up. Hell Chris will probably reveal whatever he's allowed to if and when the time comes.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The movie's done filming so I imagine it isn't a case of incomplete footage.

I'm taking a guess with how production works here, but I imagine money/trailer shots are usually the first CGI scenes completed. I think it's possible we'll see something.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Well even the KSI teaser never gave us a clear look at Kong. Then again it was nowhere near as far along as KotM is.

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

Man, the KSI teaser is still pretty kickass. The other trailers for it floundered a bit.
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I like it too but it really wasn't all that indicative of the actual film. A lot like with G14 I can see how people who loved the SDCC teaser could be disappointed in the actual film. I actually really love the final trailer. It's just so fun and kinda inventive.

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

I dunno if and/or how many people are going to GFEST this year, but it's next week, and I'm going. It's the week before SDCC 2018, so I'm going to have two Godzilla-filled weekends in a row...assuming we do get anything from SDCC in 2 weeks. Even if all we get is a teaser poster, I'm just spend like 2 hours just starring at it :D
LONG LIVE THE KING

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

jackzilla wrote:I dunno if and/or how many people are going to GFEST this year, but it's next week, and I'm going. It's the week before SDCC 2018, so I'm going to have two Godzilla-filled weekends in a row...assuming we do get anything from SDCC in 2 weeks. Even if all we get is a teaser poster, I'm just spend like 2 hours just starring at it :D
Have fun at G Fest. Went last year for the first time ever and loved it. Plan to go next year again
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

JCJx92
Yojimbo

Post by JCJx92 »

Dougherty just confirmed on his Twitter that Godzilla will have a presence in Hall H.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I guess we got our answer.

Added in 7 minutes 20 seconds:
See all you had to do was ask.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

JCJx92 wrote:Dougherty just confirmed on his Twitter that Godzilla will have a presence in Hall H.
Hell YES! I love Dougherty man! Now people can quit worrying...

Link - https://twitter.com/Mike_Dougherty/stat ... 8577411072
Last edited by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.