Best non-kaiju villains of the Godzilla series

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Best non-kaiju villains of the Godzilla series

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I was going to make it best human villains, but I wasn’t sure there would be enough if you cut out the aliens. Who are your favourite non-kaiju villains of the Godzilla series?

I always liked the grounded greediness of the two corporate jerks for Mothra vs. Godzilla. I also really love Mugal from Terror off Mechagodzilla, ONLY because of that scene when he jumps off the cliff laughing like a madman, and then five seconds later gets blown up by Godzilla.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Best non-kaiju villains of the Godzilla series

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The Xillien commander! Love how exasperated and frustrated he gets as Godzilla mows through all the monsters.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Not sure if it quite counts, but Nelson from Mothra.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Dr. Hu, the greatest villain in kaiju history.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

Toga guy from Godzilla Vs Megalon.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: Best non-kaiju villains from Toho kaiju films

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Zarm wrote:Not sure if it quite counts, but Nelson from Mothra.
Yeah that counts. I’ll change the title.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mugal from TOMG is a legend. He's my favorite villain from the franchise. Him laughing like a lunatic and jumping off the cliff is such a great scene.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Kubayama and Tarahata are my favorites. They are slimy and greedy, and Tarahata has the best villain death of all.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I really love Kubota in Godzilla vs. Gigan, particularly with the deliciously evil voice he's given in the dub.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I've always found Katagiri to be particularly compelling. The Xilliens are always a treat to watch too. As much as I love their stern emotionlessness in Monster Zero, X from Final Wars is so much fun to watch every time. He's a stand out for me, personally.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Dr. Professor wrote:I've always found Katagiri to be particularly compelling.
I thought about mentioning him, then totally blanked on it!

To me, the Shinoda/Katagiri/Miyasaka triangle is one of the highlights of the whole Millennium era. I used to wish we'd gotten a trilogy out of these characters, but I've come to appreciate how economically their history is set up and the conflict finally resolved (within Miyasaka) just within the one flick.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Katsura is one of the most complex villains and characters in general of the entire franchise - but she’s overshadowed by Mugal and his cartoony laugh. That guy is just the bomb.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Beat me to it. Possibly my favorite non-kaiju villain in the franchise. Him and Katsura from Terror of Mechagodzilla.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I've always loved the people from the Future in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah. I love how during Ghidorahs attack and when it battles the jets they have this smug superiority to them

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Godzillian wrote:I've always loved the people from the Future in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah. I love how during Ghidorahs attack and when it battles the jets they have this smug superiority to them
I have to disagree. I like the movie but I’ve always found them to be among the weakest. Compared to the aliens of the past, there’s just something so lame about two regular humans in suits sitting in a UFO.

Although I will say the smug aspect adds something, and makes it really great when they get teleported to Godzilla and blown up. One of the best deaths of the series.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Katsura is one of the most complex villains and characters in general of the entire franchise - but she’s overshadowed by Mugal and his cartoony laugh. That guy is just the bomb.
Maritonic wrote:
Beat me to it. Possibly my favorite non-kaiju villain in the franchise. Him and Katsura from Terror of Mechagodzilla.
You know, I never exactly thought of Katsura as a villain, but you guys are right, she is a villain, and she's a great one.
Last edited by eabaker on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

eabaker wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:Katsura is one of the most complex villains and characters in general of the entire franchise - but she’s overshadowed by Mugal and his cartoony laugh. That guy is just the bomb.
Maritonic wrote:
You know, I never exactly thought of Katsura as a villain, but you guys are right, she is a villain, and she's a great one.
I feel like not thinking of her as a villain is exactly what makes her a great villain.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

KaijuCanuck wrote: I feel like not thinking of her as a villain is exactly what makes her a great villain.
That and her telepathically controlling Titanosaurus and Mechagodzilla and making them level Tokyo. I was in love after that... :oops:
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maritonic wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote: I feel like not thinking of her as a villain is exactly what makes her a great villain.
That and her telepathically controlling Titanosaurus and Mechagodzilla and making them level Tokyo. I was in love after that... :oops:
I mean, who wouldn't want a woman willing to have two children crushed to death?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

eabaker wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
I mean, who wouldn't want a woman willing to have two children crushed to death?
#WifeyGoals :lol: