Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
G1985
Gotengo Officer

Re: Japan New or Future Kaijū Toy Releases

Post by G1985 »

There have been a number of CAST releases that I've wanted to buy over the years, but AFAIK they're all show exclusives. Where can I go to find more about the company and about past releases?

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

HAF( Hero Action Figure )has released a fully articulated Redman figure in Japan. The full review is up at TokuNation, for those who are interested. The gist is that such a figure has been a long time coming, and is welcome, but that HAF's offering is so subpar - in many ways - that we'd be better off waiting for Tamashii to tackle Redman, than to spend $70+ on a figure that is "so so disappointing". Not MY words, folks...

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Tamashii actually teased a S.H.Figuarts Redman a while ago at an event, but newer any news afterwards. I believed the scrapped it because HAF seemingly got the license for an articulated action figure instead...?

PS (Offtpic (Sorry!)): anybody has an idea why the site doesn't let me upload my own avatar (size 100x100px, simple JPG)? I can choose it but when uploading it gives me an error saying it's is a wrong image type.
Last edited by Petezilla on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Ive seen a clear plastic yellow and orange bandai anime goji on instagram? Anyone know about that

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Maybe a new theater exclusive...?
Size DOES matter!

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

MandaSaurus wrote:HAF( Hero Action Figure )has released a fully articulated Redman figure in Japan. The full review is up at TokuNation, for those who are interested. The gist is that such a figure has been a long time coming, and is welcome, but that HAF's offering is so subpar - in many ways - that we'd be better off waiting for Tamashii to tackle Redman, than to spend $70+ on a figure that is "so so disappointing". Not MY words, folks...
They have Jumborg Ace and 9 for preorders...i still can't find Redman and Fireman under $100 and my Zone fighter that has been on back stock since march.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Remember when I said people should do articulated kaiju kits?

New addition to Aoshima's ACKS series lineup is Mechagodzilla MFS-3 "Kiryu" from the 2002 film "Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla".
Under supervision by the film's designer, Mr. Shinji Nishikawa, the model kit has been developed to finest details.
The kit is color-molded, and can be assembled without use of cement. Includes optional accessories and movable parts, which allows recreating scenes from the film.
The box packaging will be newly illustrated by Mr. Nishikawa!

Specifications
- Height: approximately 24 cm (after assembly)
- Snap construction, no cement required
- Color-molded
http://www.aoshima-bk.co.jp/en/product/4905083099346/

Already up for Pre-order on your favorite sites! About 80 bucks.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpaceG92 wrote:Remember when I said people should do articulated kaiju kits?

[]http://www.aoshima-bk.co.jp/wp/wp-conte ... 9346_7.jpg[/]
[]http://www.aoshima-bk.co.jp/wp/wp-conte ... 346_10.jpg[/]
New addition to Aoshima's ACKS series lineup is Mechagodzilla MFS-3 "Kiryu" from the 2002 film "Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla".
Under supervision by the film's designer, Mr. Shinji Nishikawa, the model kit has been developed to finest details.
The kit is color-molded, and can be assembled without use of cement. Includes optional accessories and movable parts, which allows recreating scenes from the film.
The box packaging will be newly illustrated by Mr. Nishikawa!

Specifications
- Height: approximately 24 cm (after assembly)
- Snap construction, no cement required
- Color-molded
http://www.aoshima-bk.co.jp/en/product/4905083099346/

Already up for Pre-order on your favorite sites! About 80 bucks.
Saw images of this floating around, was wondering what all the buzz was about, aside from Nishikawa's involvement. An articulated kit? Sounds promising!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Good lord that's beautiful...
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

It's been a long time coming. I was hopeful when Chibimaru stepped into Kaiju kits. Then the EVA crossover kits were probably testing the waters a bit more.

Now a full size kit. VERY hopeful this takes off into a new line eventually going to organic kaiju. Don't say it can't be done, they'll resemble MonsterArts and maybe have a but more leGap akin to MosuGoji or Shin.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

VERY on board with this, although I have little experience with model building. Hopefully I can snag myself a Gunpla kit at G-FEST this year to practice with.

I'd even go as far as to say it looks better than my MonsterArts figure, but from what my poor eyes can tell me, that's a render of the model and not a sample so I can't exactly say that with 100% confidence yet.

Added in 54 seconds:
SpaceG92 wrote: Now a full size kit. VERY hopeful this takes off into a new line eventually going to organic kaiju. Don't say it can't be done, they'll resemble MonsterArts and maybe have a but more leGap akin to MosuGoji or Shin.
I am in full support of this, especially if it leads to cheaper options, a wider selection of kaiju, and more structurally sound models of fragile characters like King Ghidorah or Battra.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

A soft vinyl figure based off the new Shin statue in Hibiya! Pretty cool.
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2018 ... 1-flix-ent

Last edited by GigaBowserG on Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^ Translated text says the above figure is actually a BANDAI Movie Monster Series release so it could/should probably be moved to the BANDAI thread...? However, it's a nice and very unique BANDAI figure. I'll need to get my claws on it in August!

GOOG translator from above link:
“Movie Monster Series Hibiya Godzilla Square Godzilla Statue" will be sold at 3,800yen on Rotchkei HIBIYA TICKET BOX, Godzilla Store Tokyo, TOHO Cinemas Hibiya ", Godzilla store (Internet mail order) 2,500 yen including tax“
Last edited by Petezilla on Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Petezilla wrote:^ Translated text says the above figure is actually a BANDAI Movie Monster Series release so it could/should probably be moved to the BANDAI thread...? However, it's a nice and very unique BANDAI figure. I'll need to get my claws on it in August!

GOOG translator from above link:
“Movie Monster Series Hibiya Godzilla Square Godzilla Statue" will be sold at 3,800yen on Rotchkei HIBIYA TICKET BOX, Godzilla Store Tokyo, TOHO Cinemas Hibiya ", Godzilla store (Internet mail order) 2,500 yen including tax“
Sure, feel free to reshare in the Bandai thread. (Saw "soft vinyl" mentioned in a Tweet, didn't realize it was MMS.) Pricier than I thought, but it looks good :)
/crawls back under rock

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

:)

M1GO

DX Hedorah Hawaii color version for Wonder Festival on July 29, 2018. 50 available at the event for the price of 34,560円.

Ultra Seven Trike for Wonder Festival on July 29, 2018. This trike comes with a heisei Ultra Seven Satomi team member large format bromide which is autograph by the actress Ugawa Kaoru who played Satomi. Price 9,400円.

1999 Gamera 50 cm kit for Wonder Festival on July 29, 2018. Limited to 7 pieces for price of 151,200円.

MAX TOY CO

Debut sculpt of Hedorah for Max Toy Company for Wonder Festival on July 29, 2018. This is a one day license release for the event.

TANAKA STUDIOS

Shin Godzilla third form Resin kit. Pre-orders started July 21, 2018. Pre-orders will also be available at Wonder Festival. Tanaka Studios will have a prototype available at Wonder Festival. Approximately 20 cm in height. Expected released will be October 2018. Price 23,000円.

U.S. TOYS

All the following are exclusives to DNA exhibition. Exhibition held from July 14 to September 2, 2018. Price 2,916円 each.

Other past releases......
Bandai - Taiwan Theater exclusive.

Marmit G-Fest exclusives.

Shikaruna Kobo Shigeru Manga Godzilla. Photo from G-Fest at M1 table. But these were actually released back in Feb 2018 for Wonder Fest in Japan.

Marusan event
There are other Godzilla gold glitter for the event that I have not posted.
Last edited by Kaiju no Mura on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Bagan got showed off @WonFes.

No pictures sign. But it was shown next to that articulated Varan kit from a while back. Hmmm
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus'BiggestFan
Ronin

Post by Anguirus'BiggestFan »

I like the Gameras. There is a lot of Gameras.
Keep up the lovely info.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

As a collector of gashpons, mostly the Bandai: High Grade line, I think that we badly need a gashapon-scale Titanosaurus. We also need an updated High Grade Gigan. One that's larger and with a new sculpt. Lastly, I think we need a good High Grade Gabara, and a RPO Mechagodzilla. Maybe an Anime Mechagodzilla and Ghidorah, but those would be pretty hard to sculpt in that scale, so I'm not holding my breath.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

The High Grade line is my thing as well! I do expect a set in November for the final anime movie and definitely one for KotM in 2019. I would prefer if they went back to the 6 figure sets instead of the 4 they've been doing, but that era seems to have ended with the 3 Chronicle sets. The anime MechaG would be a nice addition if they make the set for the last anime, and RPO mechaG would make a nice chase figure, but I don't expect any showa era kaiju to make and appearance any time soon.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

darkcancer wrote:The High Grade line is my thing as well! I do expect a set in November for the final anime movie and definitely one for KotM in 2019. I would prefer if they went back to the 6 figure sets instead of the 4 they've been doing, but that era seems to have ended with the 3 Chronicle sets. The anime MechaG would be a nice addition if they make the set for the last anime, and RPO mechaG would make a nice chase figure, but I don't expect any showa era kaiju to make and appearance any time soon.
Yeah, I wish the 6-figure packs would come back. I'm sick of the 3-4 packs we've been getting. Also, for scale's sake, I'm thinking about getting a High Grade Anime Godzilla to represent Filius, but getting a Bandai 6" scale Anime Godzilla to represent Godzilla Earth in terms of sheer size. IDK. What do you think? Go for scale, or just stick with High Grade?
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ