Which Godzilla Would Be The Most Terrifying To Witness In The Real World?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Which Godzilla Incarnation Would Be The Most Terrifying To Witness In Real World?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:20 pm

Godzilla 54'
5%
Godzilla 55'
No votes
Godzilla 62'
No votes
Godzilla 64'
No votes
Other Showa Godzilla Not Listed
3%
Godzilla 74'
No votes
Godzilla 84'(First Heisei)
3%
Early Heisei Godzilla (89-92)
No votes
Late Heisei Godzilla (93 & 94)
No votes
Burning Godzilla
18%
Zilla (Godzilla 98')
2%
Godzilla 99' (2000)
No votes
GMK Godzilla
16%
Godzilla 02'
No votes
Final Wars Godzilla
No votes
Legendary Godzilla
2%
Shin Godzilla
31%
Godzilla Filius
20%

Total votes: 61

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Which Godzilla Would Be The Most Terrifying To Witness In The Real World?

Post by Kaeyas »

Pretty simple. If Godzilla came to your town, which incarnation would scare you the most? As Goji fans, none of us think Godzilla is scary, but make him real and any one of them could make us skreonk our pants. I gave 2 votes since there are alot of them. I did not list Godzilla Earth for the simple fact that because of his size alone, he'd most likely win by default.

Added in 5 minutes 3 seconds:
My two votes were G 84' and Shin...it was a tough call because Original G and GMK would both be pretty scary as well if they were real. However, G 84' just looks straight up menacing and seeing Shin would likely make some people drop dead from a heart attack.
Dedicated To Darkness..

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: Which Godzilla Would Be The Most Terrifying To Witness In The Real World?

Post by Ivo-goji »

G Earth was only Filius size when he drove humanity and it's allies off the planet, tanked all of those nukes, melted through the Himalayas, blew up Gorath, etc. That thing is a walking existential crisis.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Tue May 29, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Burning Godzilla, no question. It's only a matter of time before he blows up and takes the world with him, and I sincerely doubt we'd be able to figure out a way to freeze him in time to prevent the inevitable catastrophe.

2nd goes to Shin. Its ability to adapt to whatever we throw at it will give it the edge against us in time. Also, those human versions are terrifying.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Shin was my first thought, too, given his nightmarish appearance and constant, unpredictable mutation. But, it's got to be taken into account that he's pretty devoid of personality, just a walking, mindless mountain. As long as no one attacks him, he's only a danger to anyone directly in his path. Stay out of his way, which becomes easy enough once he's 400 feet tall and very slow-moving, and you're pretty much safe.

So, that being said, and disregarding Burning Godzilla because he's too obviously mandatory, I'd vote for GMK, followed by G54, for the reason that they actively seek out and kill every human they can, and are good at it. Avoiding them would be difficult to do, forcing all of humanity to become nomadic.

EDIT: Okay, I guess Godzilla Earth is at least as bad as GMK and '54, but he's boring, so he doesn't get my vote.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Tue May 29, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Shin because he looks like a big floppin prolapse that somehow is both over and undercooked. Add in the googly eyes and yeeesh. No thank you. I'd rather get BETWEEN 54 and Gmk.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

I was going to say Filius, because Earth drove humanity away when he was the same size, but viewing them from their own perspective, humanity was, at least mentally, better prepared for a confrontation against Godzilla with the 20 years lapse. You can notice how they didn't lost their shit up until Earth's 300m appearance.

So, I thought about Shin, he looks so disgusting and terrible, but then again, humanity was kind of prepared for him, at least they thought in something to stop him. And they did it, Operation Yashiori was a succes.

And then, I thought about it... If it wasn't for Serizawa and his accidental weapon, humanity would have been defeated by Godzilla. Not even knowing what he is, or how does his nature or biology even works, leaving a radioactive path of disgrace, pain and death, with the fresh memory of Hiroshima and Nagasaki... that would be every Japanese person's worst nightmare in the 50's.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Shin Godzilla Form 5
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Minya...Have you seen that little Bastard. Imagine seeing that as you drive home from work.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Truth. You'd be sitting at a traffic light with your window down, minding your own business, and then you hear this sound like a sick donkey. You look up, and before you can even think "what the fuck?" Minya comes staggering out of a dark alley toward you, grinning that dumb, toothless grin, blowing smoke rings, and saying, "I ain't gonna hurt ya..."
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Hanna Barbera Godzilla, on account of him drastically changing size everytime you blink.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

GMK for the sole reason that he actively seeks to cause death and destruction. 2nd would be Shin as its possible that he could never be taken down permanently plus blowing him to pieces risks those pieces regenerating into multiple monsters.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

For me? Godzilla Earth, since, in the novelization,
Spoiler:
he's literally melted the Himalayas with his Atomic Breath, among many many other terrifying feats.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Wed May 30, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Gmk would be very scary to see in real life and Shin I would just run for my life. But one the scariest one would have to be Minilla. Just imagine him outside your house waiting for you.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

But what about a full grown 100 meter Minya? Same proportions and everything just yuge.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I feel like the nuclear and world-ending threat of Burning Godzilla would be absolutely terrifying to witness in the real world. Like, I can't actually fathom how horrifying it would truly be to basically see a walking nuclear reactor on the verge of a massive global-scale meltdown.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: Like, I can't actually fathom how horrifying it would truly be to basically see a walking nuclear reactor on the verge of a massive global-scale meltdown.
Buddy, I'm experiencing that now......Its called a wife having to deal with two children all day for summer vacation..........BOOM!!!!!!!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote:
Maritonic wrote: Like, I can't actually fathom how horrifying it would truly be to basically see a walking nuclear reactor on the verge of a massive global-scale meltdown.
Buddy, I'm experiencing that now......Its called a wife having to deal with two children all day for summer vacation..........BOOM!!!!!!!
That's why I said it; it's comparable to my pregnant hormonal wife.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Shin, Burning, and Earth are my top choices; Shin for his appearance and adaptive evolution, Burning for his power and eventual meltdown, and Earth for his sheer size and nigh-unstoppable power.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

GMK Godzilla. He's the most malice of the incarnations.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Shin and Earth/Filius by far. Filius literally forced humanity to leave Earth because he no-sold every attempt to kill him and eradicated all other monsters. Unlike humanity in the Anime, we are not technologically equipped to kill Filius. We don't have mech suits, nanometal or fancy EMP probes. If Godzilla Earth/Filius showed up right now, we might as well roll over and die. He's arguably worse than GMK, as he's unbelievably hostile to anything that isnt't him.

Shin because not only does he look terrifying, he's like the original Godzilla in the fact that wherever he goes he makes it uninhabitable. He's basically impossible to kill, and damaging him only succeeds in spawning more Godzillas. He can also adapt and mutate to be immune to any countermeasures we throw at him if given the chance. However unlike Filius, defeating him with our current tech is at least feasable.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu May 31, 2018 8:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns