Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

Post by Godzillian »

Gothicserpent wrote:Has anyone seen the film yet
if someone on the forum was seeing it, we'd prob know. Early twitter reactions are saying more of the same

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Can't even begin to imagine how big the Ghidorah of this universe is gonna be. Especially if the subtitle Planet Eater is anything to go by. So Ghidorah is going Galactus now? 450 meters? Sears Tower is around 420 meters.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu May 17, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Can't even begin to imagine how big the Ghidorah of this universe is gonna be. Especially if the subtitle Planet Eater is anything to go by. So Ghidorah is going Galactus now? 450 meters? Sears Tower is around 420 meters.
They almost always (barring GMK) make him 50% taller. So Mr. Toots guessed 450 meters.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

So, you know how ppl are saying because Godzilla: The Star Eater has 3 yellow intertwining columns on the poster it means Ghidorah is going to appear?

You know what else looks like intertwined columns of energy?

But, OFC, knowing Toho, there's a good chance this is Ghidorah.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Just leaving this here, SpaceGodzilla was said in his film to be born from. Eating/absorbing Stars.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

miguelnuva wrote:Just leaving this here, SpaceGodzilla was said in his film to be born from. Eating/absorbing Stars.
When was Spacegodzilla mentioned in relation to this series?

But yeah, I’d be stoked to see Spacegodzilla make a return.

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Just leaving this here, SpaceGodzilla was said in his film to be born from. Eating/absorbing Stars.

It came from this article http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/13224601/
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

KaijuCanuck wrote:

I remember it being said SpaceGodzilla appeared in the past, as for confirmed in film I believe one of the alien races said they saw something like Godzilla before.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Really, King Ghidorah? The third film will be releasing like four months before KOTM.

I really don't want the trilogy to end with yet another battle between Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah. I still hoping SpaceGodzilla will have some role - maybe since Gen Urobuchi is involved some crazy twist will happen.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Just talked to someone who watched the film... Y'all gonna be disappointed. :(
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Really, King Ghidorah? The third film will be releasing like four months before KOTM.

I really don't want the trilogy to end with yet another battle between Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah. I still hoping SpaceGodzilla will have some role - maybe since Gen Urobuchi is involved some crazy twist will happen.
But we've never seen Godzilla, Mothra and MECHAGODZILLA against Ghidorah.
In fact, Mechagodzilla has never appeared in a movie alongside Ghidorah.
And although Ghidorahs return in KOTM has probably been spoiled, I still want to see how will they handle the space dragon here.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Cookson wrote:Just talked to someone who watched the film... Y'all gonna be disappointed. :(
How so?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

About Mechagodzilla:
Spoiler:
He never actually battles Godzilla. There's a "Mechagodzilla city" but the two never confront.

Also:
A huge portion of the film is, again, people talking and arguing about strategies and theorizing about this and that
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Cookson wrote:About Mechagodzilla:
Spoiler:
He never actually battles Godzilla. There's a "Mechagodzilla city" but the two never confront.

Also:
A huge portion of the film is, again, people talking and arguing about strategies and theorizing about this and that
Yup. Called it.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Japanese Twitter reactions so far have been saying the human drama is done a lot better this time around and has actual emotional depth. The action is supposedly satisfying even though Godzilla and Mechagodzilla never physically battle. It apparently ends on an even more exciting cliffhanger, wouldn’t be surprised if it involves Ghidorah.

Still, I’m disappointed that they went to the trouble of having Mechagodzilla appear and hyping him up only to not have him physically battle Godzilla, especially after there was no monster battle in the first movie and Godzilla is said to have fought so many monsters in the prequel novels.
Last edited by King of the Monsters on Fri May 18, 2018 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Cookson wrote:About Mechagodzilla:
Spoiler:

Also:
I
Spoiler:
hoped for a monster brawl but MechaG City was what I was expecting and in a way if Mechagodzilla is the City then thy are fighing after a fashion. Its Godzilla vs a city that can actively fight back, can't say that about many Godzilla films and acoring to the grape vine the actions good so I'm happy enough.

To be frank I loved the lay out of the last film so if the character stuff is done better then I'm I'm likely going to like it.
But I'm biased since these films feel like films made for me.
Last edited by Monster X on Fri May 18, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

So does MG get destroyed or are they saving the fight for the final movie.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Not sure how it ends, but a few Tweets mentioned Mechagodzilla “escaping” and still being a threat.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

King of the Monsters wrote:Not sure how it ends, but a few Tweets mentioned Mechagodzilla “escaping” and still being a threat.
So Evil Mechagodzilla is confirmed

This universe hates humans, we got it. Plz stop
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Eh, sounds like they're saving it all for the final movie. Any word on Mothra?
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.