Shin Godzilla vs. Surtur

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Shin Godzilla vs. Surtur

Post by UltimateDitto »

God incarnate vs. Asgardian Doomsday

Shin Godzilla
Height: 118 m
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzi ... tml#fourth
Vs.
Surtur
Height: 90 m
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Surtur
Spoiler:

skip to 2:55 ^
Arena: Tokyo

Rules: Surtur can't destroy the planet.
Shin Godzilla can't overheat.
Surtur loses if his helmet is destroyed.
Shin Godzilla can't adapt

I'm giving the fight to Surtur, even though Shin Godzilla has the energy rays, I feel like that magma sword would carve into Shin Godzilla and seriously harm him.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Re: Shin Godzilla vs. Surtur

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Feel like Surtur's got this in the bag. His destructive power looks a lot more impressive than what Shin is capable of. It doesn't help that Shin doesn't attack first, meaning Surtur's got a good shot at winning this.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Yeah, I gotta go with Surtur. I doubt Shin could regenerate from a repeated attack of that fire sword.

A more interesting fight would be Godzilla Earth vs Surtur.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

It's just a fiery sword.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:It's just a fiery sword.
Said firey sword blew up an entire city and killed a god of death in like. 20 seconds tops.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Vatarian wrote:
Said firey sword blew up an entire city and killed a god of death in like. 20 seconds tops.
Granted, said God of Death was a fraction of Sutur's size... be like stabbing a pill big with a Great Sword. yeah, the pill bug's super durable and tanky, but... really big weapon OP against it.

As for this fight... I'm going to give this to Shin, because when we saw Surtur being attacked by the Hulk, the Hulk was actually damaging his helmet before he got plucked and thrown away. Shin's laser light show is going to be doing a lot more damage than the MCU Hulk could dish out, and Surtur's not going to enjoy that. Now, with how passive Shin likes to play, Surtur's going to get the first hit, and that swing's going to hurt... but it won't kill Shin, and that's going to be where purple beams start flying, and Surtur gets skewered by the beams at best, and straight up sliced in half or a few beams through the head at worst.

Of course, if Surtur somehow remains standing and Shin exhausts himself into a coma or near helplessness after the laser light show, then Surtur wins by default, but I don't quite see that happening.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Vatarian wrote:
Well yeah. He was like three to five hundred meters tall, lol. Of course it's going to destroy a city if he starts swinging it around.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Giratina93 wrote: Of course, if Surtur somehow remains standing and Shin exhausts himself into a coma or near helplessness after the laser light show, then Surtur wins by default, but I don't quite see that happening.
Overheating is disabled for this match, so that shouldn't happen. :)

I would concur wuth the analysis; Surtur demonstrated vulnerability enough to make him defeatable.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

If he does the flame thrower attack, Surtur could distract Godzilla long enough to get close and swing his sword, cutting into Godzilla, maybe cutting off his arm. Should Shin use the beam, then Surtur would probably take some damage from being up close, let's say he rolls to get behind Shin, has to deal with the tail, Surtur can easily cut off a good portion of it, that sword has some reach.

I think Surtur could survive plenty of hits from the atomic ray, it would be similar to being impaled by Hela's Spears, it would slow him down but most likely wouldn't defeat him, since he's a fire lava demon. If the beams can successfully damage the crown enough, Wich is totally possible, then Godzilla takes the win.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image