Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster-Restored Titra Dub

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster-Restored Titra Dub

Post by Great Hierophant »

You lads are on a roll!

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

GodzillaBurgh went ahead and made a DVD cover for the reconstruction, and it's a beauty! A much belated thank you to him, I feel bad for not sharing this sooner. Hope everyone had a great holiday!

PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Thanks for the shout-out!!! Made the synopsis cheesy, just like the good old days of VHS!!! :huge:
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

Kore321
Yojimbo

Post by Kore321 »

Very cool cover! Don't have a color printer, but want to get them printed for the reconstructions for my collection.

JetrellFo
Samurai

Post by JetrellFo »

Did anyone do a Bluray version of this cover for the Restored Dub? It would be awesome to have.

Thanks.

Silent.Séance
Ronin

Post by Silent.Séance »

Just wondering if this was still available or if anyone has seen it.

eggcheese
Yojimbo

Post by eggcheese »

HI there. Yea, I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if this is sill available? I am definitely interested, I love this dub!
"Oh no, they're getting pissed off!"

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

JetrellFo wrote:Did anyone do a Bluray version of this cover for the Restored Dub? It would be awesome to have.

Thanks.
https://imgur.com/CylNzo8
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

JetrellFo
Samurai

Post by JetrellFo »

Thank you Mike.

Angilas
Ronin

Post by Angilas »

Good Evening!

I joined Toho Kingdom a few weeks ago. I was lured here by the dub reconstruction projects. I had a special interest in the "Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster" (Titra Reconstruction) project, as it seems quite difficult to track down.

I've sent a couple private messages to goji1986 over the past few weeks, to no avail.

I'm not sure if he's getting my PMs. :(

I was wondering if someone could send me a PM with another way to contact him, like maybe he has a blog or a social media account. Here's hoping I can ultimately get a glimpse of this nostalgia-packed gem. Thanks! :)

Angilas
Ronin

Post by Angilas »

It's beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! :tearsofjoy:

God bless you, goji1986! You've transported me back to a lazy Saturday morning in the '90s. :huge:

Shokara
Yojimbo

Post by Shokara »

Say, goji1986, are you still interested in potentially doing a ver. 2.0 of this HD reconstruction? I ask, because there's just one moment in the movie where a line of dialogue is lost due to the audio dropping out. The offending line is at the 00:12:31 mark, when Chotaro Togin's character, Ichino, is smacking Akira Takarada's face, having just said, "Wake up. Wake up, look!" The next line, "We're on an island!" is the line that drops out. This is the only time where the audio drops out and is pretty much the only blemish on your HD reconstruction. Are you interested in perhaps correcting this issue? I might be able to help in some way. Please private message me if interested.

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

Does anyone have the link they can PM me? I can’t seem to locate it. Thanks!
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

goji1986 wrote:Alrighty, I'm ready to share! PM me for the link.
Hey goji! I sent you a PM recently, not sure you received it. I would very much be interested in your restoration of Sea Monster. Thanks in advance!
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

smagal
Samurai

Post by smagal »

Would anybody upload a cover-art for this version? :)

WaverBoy
Yojimbo

Post by WaverBoy »

I would love to see a freshly-done version of this with the original Japanese cutting continuity but with the Titra dub used whenever there’s dialogue. The American re-edit makes little sense.

WaverBoy
Yojimbo

Post by WaverBoy »

My perfect hybrid version of this film would be the complete video portion of the Kraken Blu including the complete original English opening credits crawl (because it’s way better than just the one black title card, though the font and colors are undeniably cool), with the Titra dub used for all dialogue bits except the “TWO MONTHS LATER” bit of narration, which can happily be jettisoned because we’ll no longer have the footage of the Yahlen from later in the film nonsensically cut out and pasted on the beginning of the film, pretending that the Yahlen is the boat we later hear has gone missing at sea, despite the name Yahlen being clearly visible on the boat throughout the repositioned footage. What an absolutely stupid re-edit; not only does it ruin the entire scene, cutting it up like that, but it also ruins the continuity and the new opening “scene” makes zero sense. So, if we cut the audio from the relocated scene portion at the beginning and paste it back over the uncut scene where it belongs, we’re gold; we have a coherent complete film AND the awesome Titra dub. Thoughts?
Last edited by WaverBoy on Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

It’s an interesting idea but as you said it’s a hybrid cut - not a restoration (or technically in my case a reconstruction since I remade the titles). A true restoration is about preserving as they are regardless of visible mistakes such as the Yahlen being clearly visible in the beginning. You’re certainly welcome to make such a cut if it interests you!
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

WaverBoy
Yojimbo

Post by WaverBoy »

goji1986 wrote:It’s an interesting idea but as you said it’s a hybrid cut - not a restoration (or technically in my case a reconstruction since I remade the titles). A true restoration is about preserving as they are regardless of visible mistakes such as the Yahlen being clearly visible in the beginning. You’re certainly welcome to make such a cut if it interests you!
Oh I absolutely agree, that’s why I didn’t call it a restoration or reconstruction. I called it a hybrid cut, and (IMO of course!) the best, most ideal version of the film. Let’s call it a proposed fanedit if that works better, I’m not really much concerned with terminology, likewise I meant absolutely no slight on either your work or your purpose behind the project in preserving the US cut (which should definitely be preserved, I’m a firm believer in preserving all original versions of a film regardless of however many other versions might get stitched together to satisfy us obsessive fanatics) and I’m sorry if I came across like that. :( Alas, I’m not so handy with A/V editing myself, so I’d likely just succeed in botching the whole thing :)
Last edited by WaverBoy on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

marioxb
Young Farmer

Post by marioxb »

Hey, goji1986, I just downloaded this from kyodaikino's site, 20 GB. I assume that is the newest version? Haven't had a chance to actually watch it, but awesome job! I may attempt to fix the audio as some have suggested. I also want to use it to make a HQ (DVD) fullscreen version of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode of this movie, since it will never get a DVD/ Blu Ray release. 90% of the other MST3K releases are DVD's, so a Blu Ray wouldn't "fit" in the collection. Any idea if that version used the same dub as this one? Also, I guess they used a piece of "Son of Godzilla" for the opening, what I guess they call the "FVI Treatment". Did this FVI version ever get a VHS release? Maybe I'll try to make a non-MST3K version of that one as well, if it uses the same dub. Here is the opening. It's been a while since I've seen any of the old Godzilla movies. Any idea what part of "Son of Godzilla" it's from? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mx-XpD ... sp=sharing