Monsters you'd like to see return in future films

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Who would you like to see return? Choose 9 out of 18!

Anguirus
12%
Varan
9%
Giant Octopus
1%
Manda
5%
Baragon
8%
Ebirah
3%
Giant Condor
1%
Kamacuras
3%
Kumonga
4%
Gorosaurus
7%
Gabara
3%
Hedorah
9%
Gigan
10%
Jet Jaguar
6%
Megalon
7%
King Caesar
5%
Titanosaurus
8%
Other (please specify below)
2%

Total votes: 315

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Monsters you'd like to see return in future films

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Living Corpse wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I really want a Zone Fighter film with Gigan as the main antagonist kaiju, lots of interesting ideas.
I would kill for that. You could have it take place on Earth or in various alien civilizations.
Glad you agree! I've been trying to get around to writing a fan fic or some story with this idea - although writers block keeps preventing me.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

I'm going to go a bit out there and say Shockirus and Gabara!

I think it'll be cool to see a Shockirus again due to it's size. Just imagine a swarm of these things invading cities!

For Gabara, there can be a lot of potential here.. You can have him be more of an intelligent and cruel kaiju. Having him invade a kaiju's brain like a parasite and destroying their memories, twisting them into something else. He may also attempt to deprive them of sleep too..
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I'd love for Dagahra to get another role in a film though the cameo in Monster Planet was nice

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

The top choices so far definitely seem to be Anguirus, Gigan, Hedorah, Megalon, Varan and Baragon. Anguirus, Gigan and Baragon had prominent roles in the Millennium era, with Hedorah having his sad little cameo in Final Wars. Megalon and Varan haven't reappeared since the Showa days. Megalon has never been one of my top favorites but people really seem to want him back.

Added in 17 days 5 hours 37 minutes 14 seconds:
Bumping for any remaining votes out there.

As things stand -
#1 - Anguirus
#2 - Gigan
#3 - Hedorah & Megalon
#4 - Varan & Baragon
#5 - Manda, Jet Jaguar & Titanosaurus
#6 - Kamacuras & Gorosaurus
#7 - Kumonga
#8 - Ebirah
#9 - Gabara
#10 - Giant Condor & King Caesar
#11 - Poor Giant Octopus

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Ones not on the list…

Alien Mogera
Biollante
Gaira & Sanda
Mechani-Kong
Orga
Orochi

That’s all I can come up with for now
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat May 05, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzillian wrote:I'd love for Dagahra to get another role in a film though the cameo in Monster Planet was nice
Yeah, I'm glad he's not being left behind as a ROM exclusive.

mechagodzilla27
Yojimbo

Post by mechagodzilla27 »

i would like to see Mecha-King Ghidorah return
time to protect people

:mechagodzilla:

Kaeyas
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kaeyas »

;)MY CHOICES
Anguirus: Duh...It's skreoking Anguirus; Godzilla's BFF
Varan: He's came so close to being redone but yet so far. A modern take on him would fit nicely into the Monsterverse or even the Anime.
Baragon & Megalon: Never been my favorites but nowhere close to my least favorites. I think they both have a lot of potential if done right. (Seeing how they are both burrowers)You could even do a story where they have been mortal enemies for eons. Megalon protects Seatopia from Baragon who is a vicious man-eater. The Seatopians see Megalon as their God/Savour and Baragon as their Satan/Adversary. Would work well in Toho or Monsterverse IMO.
Gorosaurus: Because, why not? Surprised he's never reappeared. He's simple enough but could be tweaked a bit to be a bit more formidable. Since all he really is is a huge Theropod, he could really go anywhere but would work extremely well in the Monsterverse. Maybe he was the "King" of Skull Island until Kong's parents trapped him in a cave where he survived for many many years on cave dwelling prey. Maybe an earthquake releases him from his prison? Lots of things you could do with him.
Hedorah: Ah yes, one of my favorites and (IMHO) most UNDERRATED Kaijus. He has only been redone once and they skreoked all over him; making him as pathetic as Gabara. Hedorah modernized and done right could be one of the most powerful, destructive and terrifying Kaijus ever. Hell, the original was one of G's toughest fights in the Showa era. Modernize him and give him back all that was stripped for FW, and you have something truly awesome. Soooo many possibilities and would work in any series. He could even be a different species who evolved in a similar way to Shin but was either of extraterrestrial origin or some creature unknown by science. Then you could have him face off against Shin. Where's my ticket? Lol
Gigan: One of the more popular Kaijus but only appeared once outside of the Showa era. I personally LOVE the FW design and wouldn't mind seeing something similar in a future movie. I've always thought it would be neat to do a Gigan origin story. Maybe about how he was some space dinosaur/avian/whatever the skreonk he was before he was turned into a cyborg by the Nebulans and then show them capture, cyberize (is that even a word? Lol) and raid/conquer other planets using their new weapon. He would also fit nicely in both universes though I don't know what his origin might be if he were in the Monsterverse.
Titanosaurus: would work in a similar way as Gorosaurus. Also not in my favorites but again not least favorites either. I always wanted to see him return. Need more amphibious type Kaijus other than just G. Modernize him, give more power and give him some sort of projectile or breath weapon. I think he could look really awesome modernized in any universe.
And finally (though I'd have chosen a few more not on the list) my 9th choice not listed...
Destoroyah: What's there to say really?! A truly bad a** skreoking Kaiju though overrated as skreok, was still one of G's toughest adversaries of all time. Just imagine a modern Destoroyah. Let that sink in for a minute. Totally. Freaking. Awesome. ;-)
Dedicated To Darkness..

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Varan really needs a better movie to justify how great of a monster he is.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Current standings -
#1 Reigning champion Anguirus
#2 Partners in crime Gigan & Megalon
#3 Varan
#4 Baragon & Hedorah
#5 Gorosaurus & Jet Jaguar

Added in 11 days 15 hours 30 minutes 23 seconds:
Update 5/23/18
#1 Anguirus
#2 Gigan
#3 Varan, Hedorah & Megalon
#4 Baragon
#5 Jet Jaguar

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Anguirus and Jet Jaguar need their own spinoff movies, anyone else agree?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'd love an Anguirus movie. I even have a few ideas how it could be done.

Jet Jaguar, though, has the best chance of going solo. It'd be quite easy to turn him into an Ultraman style hero.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

I would love for these kaiju to receive their own spinoffs.

Anguirus
Hedorah
Jet Jaguar
Varan
The Gargantuas
Gigan and the Nebulans

Added in 45 seconds:
edgaguirus wrote:I'd love an Anguirus movie. I even have a few ideas how it could be done.
Care to share?
#slatternking

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

6/7/18 -
#1 Anguirus
#2 Varan & Gigan
#3 Baragon, Hedorah & Megalon
#4 Jet Jaguar & Titanosaurus
#5 Manda

Update 6/10/18 -
#1 Anguirus
#2 Varan
#3 Hedorah & Gigan
#4 Baragon & Megalon
#5 Titanosaurus
Last edited by tbeasley on Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Ebirah
Titanosaurus
Gorosaurus
Jet Jaguar
Anguirus
Giant Octopus
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

Anguirus
Varan
Manda
Baragon
Kumonga
Gorosaurus
Hedorah
Gigan
Megalon
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
edgaguirus wrote:I'd love an Anguirus movie. I even have a few ideas how it could be done.
Care to share?
Picture this. A satellite detects an island with unusual amounts of co2. A team goes to investigate, and finds some large, deep holes on the island, as well as Anguirus. When some of the group disappear, Anguirus is blamed, and Japanese forces are sent out to deal with him. The attack fails, of course, and Anguirus heads out to sea.

Anguirus shows up in Japan, and shortly after, theres high co2 readings in Japan. When this is looked into, the real culprit is found to be a huge worm like creature. A paleontologist tells the characters that fossils resembling Anguirus have been found near unusual fossil remains not unlike the worm. The animals might be natural enemies, and the worm followed Anguirus to japan.

Attempts are made to kill the worm, but then Anguirus engages the worm in battle. Anguirus kills the worm, and then goes back into the hill country of Japan.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

6/28/18 rankings -
#1 Anguirus
#2 Varan
#3 Hedorah & Gigan
#4 Baragon & Megalon
#5 Titanosaurus
#6 Jet Jaguar
#7 Manda & Gorosaurus
#8 Kamacuras, Kumonga & King Caesar
#9 Ebirah
#10 Gabara
#11 Other
#12 Giant Octopus
#13 Giant Condor

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I’d love to see Gigan come back, as well as Moguera, Destroyah and Jet Jaguar.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Megalon and Dogora. Neither are my favorites in any capacity, but I feel both have awesome potential that, with the right application in a story and newer effects, would be amazing.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.