GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

Because I'm bored I started thinking of "What if Monster Apocalypse was made as a 24-episode anime"

First Half
  • 1. Kamacuras in New York
    2. Dogora in London
    3. Anguirus, Rodan and Operation: Hedorah
    4. Gabara in South America (Complete with the tease of Mothra?)
    5. Megalon in Africa (Episode ends with a refugee ship in the Mediterranean being attacked by Gezora)
    6. Dagahra and the Red Christmas Scourge
    7. Griffons in Cairo
    8. The Return of Megalon/Orga in Turkey (Told from the perspective of a refugee fleeing from Africa to Turkey. Could do a bit where he/she meets a character from the previous episode that also ended up at the Turkish camp.)
    9. Maguma in North Korea
    10. Sea Monsters Part 1: The Atlantic- Manda, Gezora and Ganimes (This two-parter is told from the perspective of a scientific report by Dr. Kyohei Yamane.)
    11. Sea Monsters Part 2: The Pacific- Kamoebas, Ebirah and the Giant Octopus (The episode ends with Dr. Yamane investigating the dead Kamoebas IV on Odo Island and theorizes the existence of Godzilla.)
    12. Godzilla in Los Angeles
Second Half
  • 13. The Return of Godzilla
    14. Kumonga and Kamacuras in America (Told as a post-apocalyptic survivor story)
    15. Godzilla in Western Europe
    16. The Exif (An episode without monsters that focuses on the first contact scenario and shed light on the Exif religion)
    17. The Bilusaludo (Although most of the episode focuses on the Bilusaludo arrival, it'd also show the Siberian railroad being terrorized by Megaguirus and the Rodans. Episode ends with the formation of the United Earth and the production of new anti-kaiju technology.)
    18. Operation: Eternal Light Part 1- Gotengo vs Manda
    19. Operation: Eternal Light Part 2- Moguera vs Biollante
    20. Operation: Eternal Light Part 3- Zilla in Rouen
    21. Operation: Eternal Light Part 4- Gorosaurus in Paris (Episode can cut away to the plans for the Oratio, Aratrum and maybe Mechagodzilla)
    22. Operation: Great Wall
    23. The Final Battle in Hamamatsu
    24. Evacuation of Earth
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I really hope they do something like this. It would make the movies have a lot more substance to them.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Ghidrah23
Ronin

Post by Ghidrah23 »

The ending of episode 5 would be so emotional

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I know, big time. If they'd consider the first 12 episodes a season, Godzilla's emergence would be an amazing way to end a season.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Ghidrah23
Ronin

Post by Ghidrah23 »

Episode 5 ending will be like Attack on Titan episode 1 ending

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

The quality would have to be so good for the first half that the audience is willing to wait for 11 episodes before Godzilla, the title character, actually shows up.
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

Ghidrah23
Ronin

Post by Ghidrah23 »

Yes. And one think that they should do is tone down the casualties of the early attacks, since Dagahra caused millions of casualties after he was defeated and Megalon caused millions probably in the course of a decade, while Godzilla, who is set to appear in the end of the first series, caused millions of casualties in a short time, the pivotal and the key point of the series

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

If they were to do one, I don't think they should call it Godzilla. Maybe just call it Planet of the Monsters.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Gojira2K wrote:If they were to do one, I don't think they should call it Godzilla. Maybe just call it Planet of the Monsters.
Planet of the Monsters (feat. Godzilla) :lol: :lol:
since Dagahra caused millions of casualties after he was defeated and Megalon caused millions probably in the course of a decade
Well you could just mention the collapse of Australia on a newspaper or news report in the next episode with a headline; I imagine the Barem infestation to be a gradual suffering. As I understand it Megalon only attacks twice with a gap of 10 years, destroying several small nations on his first raid and destroying South Africa in the second raid. The destruction of South Africa cut the population of the African continent in half as 300 to 400 million people fled to Europe or the Middle East.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

TheInfiniteAeon wrote:
Gojira2K wrote:If they were to do one, I don't think they should call it Godzilla. Maybe just call it Planet of the Monsters.
Planet of the Monsters (feat. Godzilla) :lol: :lol:
I like it. ;)
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

Holy Tiger
Young Farmer

Post by Holy Tiger »

TheInfiniteAeon wrote:Because I'm bored I started thinking of "What if Monster Apocalypse was made as a 24-episode anime"

First Half
  • 1. Kamacuras in New York
    2. Dogora in London
    3. Anguirus, Rodan and Operation: Hedorah
    4. Gabara in South America (Complete with the tease of Mothra?)
    5. Megalon in Africa (Episode ends with a refugee ship in the Mediterranean being attacked by Gezora)
    6. Dagahra and the Red Christmas Scourge
    7. Griffons in Cairo
    8. The Return of Megalon/Orga in Turkey (Told from the perspective of a refugee fleeing from Africa to Turkey. Could do a bit where he/she meets a character from the previous episode that also ended up at the Turkish camp.)
    9. Maguma in North Korea
    10. Sea Monsters Part 1: The Atlantic- Manda, Gezora and Ganimes (This two-parter is told from the perspective of a scientific report by Dr. Kyohei Yamane.)
    11. Sea Monsters Part 2: The Pacific- Kamoebas, Ebirah and the Giant Octopus (The episode ends with Dr. Yamane investigating the dead Kamoebas IV on Odo Island and theorizes the existence of Godzilla.)
    12. Godzilla in Los Angeles
Second Half
  • 13. The Return of Godzilla
    14. Kumonga and Kamacuras in America (Told as a post-apocalyptic survivor story)
    15. Godzilla in Western Europe
    16. The Exif (An episode without monsters that focuses on the first contact scenario and shed light on the Exif religion)
    17. The Bilusaludo (Although most of the episode focuses on the Bilusaludo arrival, it'd also show the Siberian railroad being terrorized by Megaguirus and the Rodans. Episode ends with the formation of the United Earth and the production of new anti-kaiju technology.)
    18. Operation: Eternal Light Part 1- Gotengo vs Manda
    19. Operation: Eternal Light Part 2- Moguera vs Biollante
    20. Operation: Eternal Light Part 3- Zilla in Rouen
    21. Operation: Eternal Light Part 4- Gorosaurus in Paris (Episode can cut away to the plans for the Oratio, Aratrum and maybe Mechagodzilla)
    22. Operation: Great Wall
    23. The Final Battle in Hamamatsu
    24. Evacuation of Earth

Do you have Godzilla: Project MechaGodzilla TOO?

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/images/thumb ... dzilla.jpg
Last edited by Holy Tiger on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

No. I made this based on the known info we have of Monster Apocalypse. I'm gonna have to wait for Wikizilla's video on Project Mechagodzilla (which I hope they do) to get a concrete idea of how to revise this.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

We're working on transcribing stuff from the novel and getting a complete picture of the story. The second anime timeline video will probably be uploaded in July at this point.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

King of the Monsters wrote:We're working on transcribing stuff from the novel and getting a complete picture of the story. The second anime timeline video will probably be uploaded in July at this point.
Interesting. Well it'll come around anyways, I'm in no rush to get it all ASAP.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Gorosaurus takes out at least two Super X's in China in the sequel novel.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Gorosaurus brought down two Super X2s in Paris in the first novel. I don’t know if the second one in China did anything. All I know is that he was sighted living underground in China during “Operation: Great Wall.”
Last edited by King of the Monsters on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

Wish these were movies. looks like fans are gonna have to wait till world of Godzilla (the new cinematic universe toho is making) or the monsterverse does something similar
Last edited by Solia on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

So far, we even got the giant rats from Latitude Zero. But we're missing some major hitters, like Gaira and Sanda. Some make sense, like Space Godzilla not appearing, but Sanda and Gaira? Matango? Shockirus? Giant Sea Snake? Bat People? Hell, a troop of the Yetis from Half Human would be amazing too. I'm hoping these guys will be in Novel 3 if they plan it.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LamangoKaijura wrote:So far, we even got the giant rats from Latitude Zero. But we're missing some major hitters, like Gaira and Sanda. Some make sense, like Space Godzilla not appearing, but Sanda and Gaira? Matango? Shockirus? Giant Sea Snake? Bat People? Hell, a troop of the Yetis from Half Human would be amazing too. I'm hoping these guys will be in Novel 3 if they plan it.
Unfortunately, the author mentioned in an article a couple months back that he had no plans for a 3rd novel; he felt the series wrapped up nicely with Project Mechagodzilla. However, if he did continue, he mentioned how he'd be interested in introducing a race of "Telegian" humans on... the moon, I think. Inspired by the 1960 movie, The Secret of the Telegian.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Well that sucks... Left out the Gargantuas? Really?