Shin Gojira Sequel Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
TheSecondComing
Futurian

Re: Shin Gojira Sequel Speculation

Post by TheSecondComing »

Fropston wrote:
Tohosaurus wrote:Where's the talk of Toho being unable to make another Godzilla movie before 2020? I have seen it mentioned elsewhere on here and I seem to have not read the original source on that.
Shinji Higuchi stated as such at G-fest.

Yep. The panel was recorded and put on Youtube but I don't remember where.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Loganrules115 wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I don't think Shin would still be there if the humanoids are. If anything Shin IS the humanoids. That's the fifth form. There wouldn't be a Godzilla left. Just those things.
Goodness, you might as well not have it be a Godzilla film then.
That's why I have some issues with this version of the character. I enjoy the movie, but not this Godzilla. It's confirmed in the art book that the humanoids are the fifth form. Not minions. Not offspring. That's one of the reasons I say Shin reminds me of Hedorah and Destoroyah.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Loganrules115 wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I don't think Shin would still be there if the humanoids are. If anything Shin IS the humanoids. That's the fifth form. There wouldn't be a Godzilla left. Just those things.
Goodness, you might as well not have it be a Godzilla film then.
That's why I have some issues with this version of the character. I enjoy the movie, but not this Godzilla. It's confirmed in the art book that the humanoids are the fifth form. Not minions. Not offspring. That's one of the reasons I say Shin reminds me of Hedorah and Destoroyah.
The art book really shouldn't be canon. If we're lucky, it'll be retconned.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Idk, I can't help but think form 5 was meant to fly. That throwaway line about Godzilla coming in a smaller size and flying around seems suspicious, as does the dorsal fins on form 5's shoulders.
Plus, what with them appearing like angels in the concept book...
Why not both, with airborne versions being the equivalent to the air force and the ground versions infantry and tanks?

Holy crud, i just realized Lain got banned
Last edited by Gawdziller1954 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:Idk, I can't help but think form 5 was meant to fly. That throwaway line about Godzilla coming in a smaller size and flying around seems suspicious, as does the dorsal fins on form 5's shoulders.
Why not both, with airborne versions being the equivalent to the air force and the ground versions infantry and tanks?

Really?!

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LegendZilla wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:

Really?!
Yup....

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Why not both, with airborne versions being the equivalent to the air force and the ground versions infantry and tanks?

Really?!
Yup....
Why? What did he do or say to deserve it?

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

LegendZilla wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Really?!
Yup....
No idea whatsoever.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Rather than banana boy here I really like the idea, similar to some of the concepts in the Art Of book, of his outer frozen skin crumbling away revealing a fresh new form within. Kind of a Form 4.2 to go along with the Form 5 humanoids.
Last edited by tbeasley on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

In a way it might be nice that Toho won't make another LA movie until post-2020 in that it gives them time to really put together a great sequel (or whatever). Doing an anthology of different universes is still my pick for what I'd like, as cool as a continuous series can be.
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Yup....
No idea whatsoever.
Really is sad you know, quite a few good people have been lost. It seems every time I log on now, I'm saying "Oh no..." because someone goes.
Tohosaurus wrote:In a way it might be nice that Toho won't make another LA movie until post-2020 in that it gives them time to really put together a great sequel (or whatever). Doing an anthology of different universes is still my pick for what I'd like, as cool as a continuous series can be.
Not to mention we are almost getting a kaiju movie a year from legendary so that should hopefully keep us satisfied until Toho can get back on the scene... hopefully with practical effects and suits included?????? Hey man I don't want it to be dead yet...
Last edited by BARAGONZILLA on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is the beginning of the end.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Based on that one image, the humanoids would be awesome to feature in the sequel. Perhaps, they wouldn't be as durable as daddy Shin, and it would allow for some great scenes of them ravaging towns before fighting the military. One of my fears of Shin sequels, is that the Japanese military has ZERO reason to directly attack Shin in a conventional way, in fact it makes him retaliate violently. As a result of a sequel did happen, the humanoids battling ground soldiers would be a great way to have some good military scenes. Maybe even some tension that if they aren't killed quick enough (like within a week), they'll evolve into full sized shins and spread. Perhaps daddy Shin becomes immune to the hydra chemical, but the little guys don't?

Meanwhile Godzilla is growing wings or something, or is getting larger.

If you wanted to throw in some other Kaiju, some bullshit of a classic monster, like Rodan, simply being attracted to Shin's radiation, and beginning to eat the humanoids, is easily do-able.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Based on that one image, the humanoids would be awesome to feature in the sequel. Perhaps, they wouldn't be as durable as daddy Shin, and it would allow for some great scenes of them ravaging towns before fighting the military. One of my fears of Shin sequels, is that the Japanese military has ZERO reason to directly attack Shin in a conventional way, in fact it makes him retaliate violently. As a result of a sequel did happen, the humanoids battling ground soldiers would be a great way to have some good military scenes. Maybe even some tension that if they aren't killed quick enough (like within a week), they'll evolve into full sized shins and spread. Perhaps daddy Shin becomes immune to the hydra chemical, but the little guys don't?

Meanwhile Godzilla is growing wings or something, or is getting larger.

If you wanted to throw in some other Kaiju, some bullshit of a classic monster, like Rodan, simply being attracted to Shin's radiation, and beginning to eat the humanoids, is easily do-able.
That all sounds fantastic, but the sequel would need to have that political feel to it in some way. I believe it was the type of story told why the film did so good box office wise. If you take that away you could potentially be going back to the standard 10m-20m Toho Godzilla film.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I've got this idea for the sequel, in the movie Godzilla is a mutant prehistoric shark that is constantly giving off radiation. As well as that one scene were his blood goes everywhere, that gave me the idea. Use Rodan and Kumonga for enemy monsters. I would have it that Rodan is a mutant bird, an eagle, that grow to gigantic size and taken on a prehistoric appearance, due to exposure from Godzilla's radioactive blood being spilled thanks to a bombing run.

Slimer idea with Kumonga, but instead of one spider it's a bunch the size of cars and one really big one. the main one having laid eggs, while the smaller ones can fight with say the army and the Godzilla people, the big one would fight Godzilla and Rodan.

Counting the idea of the ever-changing and worsting disaster Shin Godzilla started. Rodan would be fast than the other monsters, traveling to other countries for food. With Kumonga we could see the idea of the giant monster laying eggs play out in full.

What do you think of my ideas, I think it could work. Just imagine a Shin Kumonga, now that would scray.