That Godzilla Guy - One of the Strangest “Artists” I’ve Heard Of

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

That Godzilla Guy - One of the Strangest “Artists” I’ve Heard Of

Post by Cybermat47 »

So, apparently, there’s this fellow in the US calling himself That Godzilla Guy, who photoshops pictures of action figures and sells it as art. This art is... well, it’s pretty strange.

http://www.neomonsterisland.com

The prominent Antifa logo should tell you where this is headed...

His art ranges from utilising photographs of real disasters where people died, for what I think is meant to be comedy...

... to politically charged pieces that lose any credibility by the sheer ridiculousness of shoving Godzilla into such situations.

He also seems to suffer from delusions of grandeur:
That Godzilla Guy, Sean McGuinness, is a Kaijū(Japanese – “strange beast”) enthusiast and ne’er-do-well from West Columbia. Using Godzilla toys and digital techniques, he destroys pre-conceived notions of what art should be.
Frankly, I find him to be ridiculous, unpleasant, and unbearably arrogant, but what do you guys think of him?

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Re: That Godzilla Guy - One of the Strangest “Artists” I’ve Heard Of

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Ah, the king of irony.

Can remember back when he did that ShinGoji web comic series and those Godzilla girls.
The complete reverse of what he became nowadays.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, this is the same dude who used to run Twisted Kaiju Theater back in the day.

Hell of a strange turn, I'll give you that. But it's not like the comic didn't have its political moments. I distinctly remember an arc where the main character's girlfriend turned out to be a Republican and it was treated like a horrible thing. And there was multiple comics involving Iraq and Afghanistan in some way or another.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Yeah, this is the same dude who used to run Twisted Kaiju Theater back in the day.

Hell of a strange turn, I'll give you that. But it's not like the comic didn't have its political moments. I distinctly remember an arc where the main character's girlfriend turned out to be a Republican and it was treated like a horrible thing. And there was multiple comics involving Iraq and Afghanistan in some way or another.
Damn... so it sounds like he was always this way, but only started expressing his extremist views more recently.

It’s frankly embarrassing to have someone like him in the fandom.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Lol - antifa.

Yeah, this is the owner of Twister Kaiju Theater. tl;dr, he owned a Godzilla web comic series which had it's moments. He also had a lewd/adult series called, "Daikaiju Academy" - which was later axed from the site entirely and then from the internet. I have my own theories on to why - because it follows certain events. Regardless - seeing that Antifa logo... wow.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Cybermat47 wrote:
He also seems to suffer from delusions of grandeur:

Frankly, I find him to be ridiculous, unpleasant, and unbearably arrogant, but what do you guys think of him?
Sounds like someone I know.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

... well... I’m sure that this is what Ishiro Honda wanted us to think of...

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

So he's the one who made the little Godzilla tripping over a fire hydrant pic. His Photoshop skills are pretty darn good, but looking at what everyone else has to say, he seems like a, interesting, fella.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

UltimateDitto wrote:So he's the one who made the little Godzilla tripping over a fire hydrant pic. His Photoshop skills are pretty darn good, but looking at what everyone else has to say, he seems like a, interesting, fella.
That's one of the sole reasons I kept up with the webcomic when it was still a regular thing. Some of the photoshops are amazing and while the writing was mostly stale early 2000's humor, there were a few gems in there. Of course, the bad far, far outweighed the good.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Cybermat47 wrote: He also seems to suffer from delusions of grandeur:
I've never seen that. He does seem to be doing well for himself. People buy his art etc. I think he does well at G-Fest.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Chris55 wrote:
Cybermat47 wrote: He also seems to suffer from delusions of grandeur:
I've never seen that. He does seem to be doing well for himself. People buy his art etc. I think he does well at G-Fest.
Yeah, he seems to be doing okay in terms of monetary gain, but he’s hardly “destroying pre-conceived notions of what art should be.”
Last edited by Cybermat47 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Just don't comment anything conservative or he'll block you from his facebook page :lol:
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Well the guy states that he's a proud member of a domestic terrorist group so he's definitely not the most politically open minded person. His artwork and photoshop skills are very good, but I can't stand his work. Its usually just vulgar and openly hostile to anyone who has a different political view from his.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

If you like or don't like his work that's up to you but I don't think a thread dedicated to trashing someone is a good use of anyone's time.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

At least he likes chili. :P

Or I assume he does since he promoted that chili festival.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

I've honestly wanted to buy some of his coffee, I wonder if he does anything special to it
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Oh, so he's the guy I met (sorta) and took his card at G-Fest.

Not a fan of his work...............
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ScottA
Monsterland Worker

Post by ScottA »

Image.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Sean 'Shin "My toy comic isn't getting fans to notice me, and the big naked monster girl boobs are getting more attention, better get rid of those" Goji' McGuiness
Guy's a hack fraud, now using Godzilla's image to sell sacks of coffee. Sold 'DVD's of his comic, and everything. His mods and him got so booty blasted with me they 'starred' me in a comic as 'Lapoopgo' or something.
It's sad his only claim to internet fame is a ghidorah pooping lemon candies, stolen family guy and beavis and butthead gags, and 'i just watched my first anime' """PLOT""" lines. And he posed naked with a GINO puppet on his genitals.

Oh, he also thinks Galberos the UltraKaiju, looks like a sex toy.
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Shin-Goji
Monsterland Worker

Post by Shin-Goji »

UltimateDitto wrote:At least he likes chili. :P
Or I assume he does since he promoted that chili festival.
I was actually hired to create art for Historic Columbia's annual chili cook off. It was fun.