Possibility of HD renasters of the Atari Godzilla games

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
UltramanGoji

Re: Possibility of HD renasters of the Atari Godzilla games

Post by UltramanGoji »

jayson wrote:So is anything moving forward here? Has the voting reached the people who'd be able to do something about it?
Honestly, it was never going to amount to anything to begin with. Yeah, a few guys on staff may know some Pipeworks staff, but unless those staff members have big bucks in their pocket, there isn't going to be anything released at all.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

jayson wrote:So is anything moving forward here? Has the voting reached the people who'd be able to do something about it?
Nothing was ever gonna come of this

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Honestly, it was never going to amount to anything to begin with. Yeah, a few guys on staff may know some Pipeworks staff, but unless those staff members have big bucks in their pocket, there isn't going to be anything released at all.
It wouldn't be Pipework's call. WB has the Godzilla license now. If anything, they'd team up with Atari who published the games.

I also don't know where you the "Yeah, a few guys on staff may know some Pipeworks staff," explanation but I explained the origin of the poll back on page 1.

It would be nice if it did happen as it would be a great way to promote Godzilla 2. It'd sure beat whatever micro-transaction filled cell phone game that comes out (like there usually is)
Last edited by Chris55 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'd rather have a new game, since if ever there's gonna be a time where we get King Kong in a Godzilla game, it'll be one to promote Godzilla vs Kong.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Chris55 wrote: I also don't know where you the "Yeah, a few guys on staff may know some Pipeworks staff," explanation but I explained the origin of the poll back on page 1.
Okay, I got the company name wrong. Sorry about that. Still though, it's just you and a guy you know who works for Atari seeing if there's interest. There's no possible deal going down or anything, it's just a curious poll.
Chris55 wrote: It wouldn't be Pipework's call. WB has the Godzilla license now. If anything, they'd team up with Atari who published the games.

It would be nice if it did happen as it would be a great way to promote Godzilla 2. It'd sure beat whatever micro-transaction filled cell phone game that comes out (like there usually is)
I agree! I'm on your side. I want to see these happen just as much as you do.

The problem is, is WB willing to shell out the money necessary for the remasters? I personally don't see it. The cell phone games may be shitty, but WB can crank them out much easier than a remaster of any of the Atari games.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Chris55 wrote: I also don't know where you the "Yeah, a few guys on staff may know some Pipeworks staff," explanation but I explained the origin of the poll back on page 1.
Okay, I got the company name wrong. Sorry about that. Still though, it's just you and a guy you know who works for Atari seeing if there's interest. There's no possible deal going down or anything, it's just a curious poll.
The way it was designed is that it's to show that it'd be worth the trouble and that the fans DO want it. I know the info got sent over to Atari. From there, I'm not too sure. It was only in Jan so if anything is happening, I don't know about it.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Who are these supposed "people who'd be able to do something about it"?
Why do you think our couple of dozen votes on a message board will convince their mythical company to part with many thousands of dollars to resurrect a decade-old video game?

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

G1985 wrote:
Why do you think our couple of dozen votes on a message board will convince their mythical company to part with many thousands of dollars to resurrect a decade-old video game?
It went over 1500 on the Twitter poll. Then there was quite a bit on Facebook.

jayson
Samurai

Post by jayson »

G1985 wrote:
I find some people here have a tone that is ill suited for forum posting. I'd advise you to rethink yours.

I have no idea how many people voted, where they voted and who was supposed to see these votes. Take a look at my join date and my post counts and you'll see that I clearly don't live on these forums. That being said, it was still an interesting idea put forward and apparently someone who's attached to the original games showed interest? So as a fan of GDAMM, why shouldn't I ask?
Seems to me that the problem here is people like you with that negative mindset. Do I think that it's going to just magically happen and tomorrow there's going to be an announcement of that HD remaster? Lol... no. But even though the probability is extremely slim, I'm not going piss on anyone's enthusiasm over the idea.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

jayson wrote:I find some people here have a tone that is ill suited for forum posting. I'd advise you to rethink yours.

...Take a look at my join date and my post counts and you'll see that I clearly don't live on these forums....Seems to me that the problem here is people like you with that negative mindset....I'm not going piss on anyone's enthusiasm over the idea.
No, but you seem itching to drain your bladder on others' "negative mindsets" and "tones", complete with a 64 oz Slurpee in hand so that you can reload. You should up your participation in the forums before you rain down your advice and warm judgment on people who you deem "ill suited for forum posting".
Last edited by G1985 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jayson
Samurai

Post by jayson »

My participation and post count on the forums has nothing to do with your underwhelming tone or your reply. Rude is rude, simple as that. Grow up. We're done here.

That being said, this question is for anyone else who could answer. Is it realistic to expect a response one way or another from the person or persons who asked for the pole to begin with? Was there even supposed to be a response, or was this just a casual inquery to gauge interest?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

jayson wrote: Is it realistic to expect a response one way or another from the person or persons who asked for the pole to begin with? Was there even supposed to be a response, or was this just a casual inquery to gauge interest?
There was a response. Chris55 is the one who started the poll. He and a member of Atari that worked on Godzilla: Unleashed.

It was just a general poll to see where the interest lies. The results were sent to Atari, but it’s up to them if anything comes of it.

jayson
Samurai

Post by jayson »

UltramanGoji wrote:
jayson wrote: Is it realistic to expect a response one way or another from the person or persons who asked for the pole to begin with? Was there even supposed to be a response, or was this just a casual inquery to gauge interest?
There was a response. Chris55 is the one who started the poll. He and a member of Atari that worked on Godzilla: Unleashed.

It was just a general poll to see where the interest lies. The results were sent to Atari, but it’s up to them if anything comes of it.
Ah ok, thank you.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'd be down with a DAMM or STE remaster (With more film-accurate sfx and models). I'd love to have them across all consoles and PC especially for the mods.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns