The Cloverfield Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Re: The Cloverfield Thread

Post by ernesth100 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:So it survived being bombed, isn't 'like a baby' and was a legit baby, that somehow grew to the size to pop it's head into the skreeonking stratosphere and was suddenly near London.
Well when you're that big ya move quicker I guess :lol:
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

ernesth100 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:So it survived being bombed, isn't 'like a baby' and was a legit baby, that somehow grew to the size to pop it's head into the skreeonking stratosphere and was suddenly near London.
I would actually imagine a creature that size to move slow as hell
why did i have to be the chosen one?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Zilla103192 wrote:And nobody knew about it until the future? Her husband sounded pretty shocked when he found out his wife was coming back to "These Things?"
Perhaps he wasn't just referring to Clover but something else entirely.....

WARHAMMER 40K ORKS VS. 5000 FOOT TALL CLOVER-FIELD N O W

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

ROMG4 wrote:5000 FOOT TALL CLOVER-FIELD N O W

snip
In b4 "There's no 5000 foot tall Cloverfield, that was added for drama effect". :roll:

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

KillCrites wrote:
ernesth100 wrote:
I would actually imagine a creature that size to move slow as hell
I mean obviously yes but the steps would cover such distance that it wouldn't matter.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Sounds like they came up with this in like a day.
Probably.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Some interesting fan artwork takes us below the clouds in THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

The One and Only wrote:Some interesting fan artwork takes us below the clouds in THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX.
A Mother's Wrath. Now Just Imagine There's A Queen That Spawn's All Of These Things. I'd Love To See Their Planet.

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

Sad thing is, you'll probably never get to. ^^'
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Poor, poor Godzilla...

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Poor, poor Godzilla...
Godzilla Earth would chop that thing to bits.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote:Godzilla Earth would chop that thing to bits.
Uh huh...

I love Godzilla believe me but he's not as invincible as people makes him out to be. There's millions of characters in fiction alone who could beat him. :roll: :lol:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Uh huh...

I love Godzilla believe me but he's not as invincible as people makes him out to be. There's millions of characters in fiction alone who could beat him. :roll: :lol:
There are millions that could beat him. That Cloverfield monster is far bigger but Godzilla Earth is more powerful.

Think of it like a super bug a human could crush or a man chopping a tree.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

miguelnuva wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Uh huh...

There are millions that could beat him. That Cloverfield monster is far bigger but Godzilla Earth is more powerful.

We have literally no feats for Clover in his cloud stage. How the fresh fuck do you know how powerful he is?

You kinda have to go with Occams razor, here. Godzilla's powerful, but clover is absolutely bloody massive. chances are he could introduce Godzilla to the stratosphere with a swipe of his hand.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:We have literally no feats for Clover in his cloud stage. How the fresh skreeonk do you know how powerful he is?

You kinda have to go with Occams razor, here. Godzilla's powerful, but clover is absolutely bloody massive. chances are he could introduce Godzilla to the stratosphere with a swipe of his hand.
Or just scoop him up into his mouth and chew him up like gum. Also the bigger you are, the more durable. The baby alone withstood missiles, artillery shells, and bombs with minimal injury. Now imagine the adult...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Uh huh...

That's a photo of OG Clover though. You know, the one who was a baby? (imo the retcon thing makes absolutely no sense)
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LegendaryGoji wrote:That's a photo of OG Clover though. You know, the one who was a baby? (imo the retcon thing makes absolutely no sense)
Yes but it was scaled to show how big the Cloverfield Monster we saw in the end of Paradox was.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Uh huh...

We have literally no feats for Clover in his cloud stage. How the fresh skreeonk do you know how powerful he is?

We know what Godzilla Earth can do and his powers are haxed. He's also likely far heavier than Clover.

Added in 1 minute 48 seconds:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:We have literally no feats for Clover in his cloud stage. How the fresh skreeonk do you know how powerful he is?

Or just scoop him up into his mouth and chew him up like gum. Also the bigger you are, the more durable. The baby alone withstood missiles, artillery shells, and bombs with minimal injury. Now imagine the adult...
The baby was screaming in pain everytime the military hit him. We also know that in Paradox there is resistance against Clover where as Godzilla Earth forces Humans off Earth.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

miguelnuva wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

We have literally no feats for Clover in his cloud stage. How the fresh skreeonk do you know how powerful he is?

We know what Godzilla Earth can do and his powers are haxed. He's also likely far heavier than Clover.
... i think you misinterpreted my point. Since we don't have feats for adult clover we have no idea what effect godzilla earth would have on him. So, again, occams razor dictates we'd go with the simplest solution; that the twenty-fucking-thousand foot monster is likely heavier and stronger.
Last edited by RamshackleRanger on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote: We have literally no feats for Clover in his cloud stage. How the fresh skreeonk do you know how powerful he is?

... i think you misinterpreted my point. Since we don't have feats for adult clover we have no idea what effect godzilla earth would have on him. So, again, occams razor dictates we'd go with the simplest solution; that the twenty-fucking-thousand foot monster is likely heavier and stronger.
As you said there is no point arguing about a creature with no feats just that GEarth had insane feats and powers.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image