Rest in Peace, Haruo Nakajima

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Re: Rest in Peace, Haruo Nakajima

Post by tbeasley »

SciFi Japan has a tribute up, with a brief biography by Ed Godziszewski -
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2017 ... -monsters/

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

The man, legend, got a touching send off on TMC this week with their year end TCM REMEMBERS tribute to those who've passed this year.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Returning briefly, but Haruo Nakajima was honored at the 2018 Oscars during a Memoriam segment.

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

https://www.facebook.com/GormaruIsland/ ... 873174285/

Video of the segment from Gormaru Island.

I wasn't watching the Oscars this year, so hearing this news then getting to see it gave me powerful emotions. Almost felt like losing him again, but at the same time it's a stunning honor to be included in such a major event in front of tens of millions of people. RIP all over again Nakajima-sama, thanks for starting all of this for us.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Seeing Nakajima honored like that was really moving. I think people underestimate just how influential he was to film as a whole. His performance as Godzilla was a major part of crafting the image of the character that has been imitated and paid homage to in movies across the decades. Nakajima truly helped craft out idea of how a giant monster like this moves and behaves.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

I know bumping an inactive thread usually isn't a good idea, but considering what today is, I think this should be an exception.
It's been 1 year since we got the sad news of Haruo Nakajima's passing.
Even though I never met him face to face, his superb skills as a suit actor in most of the Showa Era films are what got me into this franchise in the first place.

Rest In Peace, Haruo Nakajima, your legacy lives on in the hearts and minds of every Godzilla fan who was influenced by your work.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Damn, can't believe it's been a year already.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Maritonic wrote:Damn, can't believe it's been a year already.
Indeed, I remember the news of his passing being the first thing I saw in the morning a year ago, and not believing it until I saw a few more news articles covering it.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Time may fly by, but memories that are captured either by camera or heart will always live on.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

I hope he's proud of the legacy that lives after him.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Where does the time go? Here’s hoping he is at peace.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

He helped bring a character to life, and that character is still going. That is a great legacy.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.