CinemaGoji - My Godzilla YouTube Channel

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
UltramanGoji

CinemaGoji - My Godzilla YouTube Channel

Post by UltramanGoji »

I've had it advertised in my signature for so long, I figured I may as well make a thread for it so I can post the videos!

CinemaGoji is my pet project - a channel dedicated primarily to daikaiju films and the culture and world surrounding them. I've always wanted to start some kind of YouTube channel related to kaiju and I'm glad I've finally started!

Some of the type of content I produce on my channel are:

- Spotlight: A series dedicated to highlighting the cast and crew behind our favorite giant monster movies. Each episode focuses on an individual or a group of people and takes a look at their life and career in the daikaiju genre.
- Kaiju 101: A show primarily aimed at introducing newcomers to the kaiju genre. Explains different topics from famous monsters to certain eras and terminology.
- Toho Scope: A retrospective series focusing on the Toho science fiction films from 1954 - 2018. Each episode will take a look at a film's creation from the early stages up until release. Will also have a review segment where I give my own thoughts on the film.
- Countdown: Your basic Top Ten list videos.
- Editorials: Videos focusing on a single topic of discussion.

The YouTube daikaiju community seems primarily rooted in a toy review/let’s play environment. As I explain in my channel trailer, there is nothing wrong with either of those types of videos, but you don’t really see anyone out there talking about the films themselves. That’s where CinemaGoji comes in. I want this channel to be a place where people can learn about the films that started it all. I want this channel to be primarily a combination of education and entertainment.

I'll be posting all my most recent videos in this thread when I upload them.

Thanks for watching!

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Re: CinemaGoji - My Godzilla YouTube Channel

Post by GalacticPetey »

I subscribed a while ago, but I just wanna say I'm very much looking forward to more videos from your channel. I've longed for more YouTube content that covers the Godzilla in this deeper sort of way, talking about the films as well as the process and people behind them, and I'm very excited to see content like this.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I've been a subscriber since the beginning, and I must say great job! I totally agree with creating a channel for spreading information about the films and such rather than the countless toy reviews.

I look forward to seeing your channel continue to grow!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I've actually always meant to check out your channel, but never got around to it. I'm so glad I did just now. I watched your Kaiju 101 video and you've earned another subscriber from that alone. The video was informative, but you didn't over explain things and the presentation was great. It never sounds forced and you have a good voice for this sort of thing. The sound quality is great as well, which is something other Godzilla related YouTube channels lack. I'm definitely looking forward to future videos.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Thank you so much everyone for the very kind words! It really means a lot to me and I'm glad you enjoy the channel's content! :) I'm going to start writing the script for my next video, which will be a Spotlight episode on Ishiro Honda (seeing as how I just finished the biography, I may as well write it with all the info still fresh in my mind).
Dr. Professor wrote:It never sounds forced and you have a good voice for this sort of thing. The sound quality is great as well, which is something other Godzilla related YouTube channels lack. I'm definitely looking forward to future videos.
You know, it's funny, I actually think the latest video is one of my worst when it came to audio. There's lots of times where I stumble and trip over my words and there's one spot where I actually had to insert the raw recording because the narration accidentally got cut off.

I record with my iPhone's Voice Memo app and I have to do it in my car because of the acoustics. My laptop only has a headphone plug, but I'm going to invest in a splitter so I can use my proper headset to record. Hopefully for the next few videos, the audio will be much much better!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

UltramanGoji wrote:You know, it's funny, I actually think the latest video is one of my worst when it came to audio. There's lots of times where I stumble and trip over my words and there's one spot where I actually had to insert the raw recording because the narration accidentally got cut off.

I record with my iPhone's Voice Memo app and I have to do it in my car because of the acoustics. My laptop only has a headphone plug, but I'm going to invest in a splitter so I can use my proper headset to record. Hopefully for the next few videos, the audio will be much much better!
Eh. It's still better than most Godzilla related videos on youtube. Not to shit on other channels, they do a fine job at what they do, they just could use better sound quality.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Dr. Professor wrote: Eh. It's still better than most Godzilla related videos on youtube. Not to shit on other channels, they do a fine job at what they do, they just could use better sound quality.
Well then, I'm glad that it seems to just be my own personal nitpicks. Thank you for the kind words! :D
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Dr. Professor wrote: Eh. It's still better than most Godzilla related videos on youtube. Not to shit on other channels, they do a fine job at what they do, they just could use better sound quality.
Well then, I'm glad that it seems to just be my own personal nitpicks. Thank you for the kind words! :D
Of course!
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Just watched the first Kaiju 101 video. Very nice work. It gets the basic idea of Godzilla across pretty clearly for genre newcomers, as far as I can tell, with a lot of information presented without being too geeky and in-depth. Presentation is great, too; I like that you use primarily still images rather than having video clips from the movies going non-stop. It annoys me when videos do that; if I want to watch the movies, I'll watch the movies, you know?

Also, you deserve a box of digital cookies for staying neutral on your coverage of GINO. I doubt I'd have done the same. :lol:

Looking forward to more of this series.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I agree with everyone else, these are really well done videos! I’ve subscribed, and I hope your channel continues to grow! I’m assuming it’s you speaking on the videos? I often find the trouble with starter channels is the person doesn’t speak very well or clearly, but you, uh, talk good? Is that the thing to say...?

Anyway, great job!

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I'm thinking starting my own godzilla yt channel. It will be my username
SuperPawnageGigan
I am thinking of content for my channel
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

JAGzilla wrote:Just watched the first Kaiju 101 video. Very nice work. It gets the basic idea of Godzilla across pretty clearly for genre newcomers, as far as I can tell, with a lot of information presented without being too geeky and in-depth. Presentation is great, too; I like that you use primarily still images rather than having video clips from the movies going non-stop. It annoys me when videos do that; if I want to watch the movies, I'll watch the movies, you know?
Thank you very much! I've used video clips in the past (See: Top 10 Godzilla Monsters) but since I have to import the entire movie file into Sony Movie Studio to chop it up, it's much, much more efficient to just use stills. I'll definitely be switching over to primarily stills from now on.
KaijuCanuck wrote:I agree with everyone else, these are really well done videos! I’ve subscribed, and I hope your channel continues to grow! I’m assuming it’s you speaking on the videos? I often find the trouble with starter channels is the person doesn’t speak very well or clearly, but you, uh, talk good? Is that the thing to say...?

Anyway, great job!
Haha, that works! Thank you very much for the kind words! All these positive comments have given me a great surge of creative energy and I'll definitely not let this channel fade into obscurity.
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:I'm thinking starting my own godzilla yt channel. It will be my username
SuperPawnageGigan
I am thinking of content for my channel
Sounds cool man. Should probably advertise it in your own thread instead of somebody else's, though. ;)

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Yeah you inspired me to make a Godzilla youtube channel
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

JAGzilla wrote:you deserve a box of digital cookies for staying neutral on your coverage of GINO.
This is something I meant to bring up, but forgot. I like that you remained unbiased about that. It's not something most fans would do.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:Yeah you inspired me to make a Godzilla youtube channel
I'm very happy to hear that! I hope you continue on with it, no matter what anyone else says. Get your content out there! Let others see it! ;)
Dr. Professor wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:you deserve a box of digital cookies for staying neutral on your coverage of GINO.
This is something I meant to bring up, but forgot. I like that you remained unbiased about that. It's not something most fans would do.
Same here! I forgot to reply to this as well. :lol:

This was definitely a factor in my mind when talking about not just G98 but also Shin and the Anime design too. I wanted the viewer to not be persuaded to feel one way or the other.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:Yeah you inspired me to make a Godzilla youtube channel
You should post a link, mate.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Diamondshark9
Ronin

Post by Diamondshark9 »

Oh yeah, Its you! Even though you only have a couple, your videos are incredibly amusing!
Last edited by Diamondshark9 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh oh, they say he’s got to go, go go Godzilla! :g2k:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

New video! Today we're spotlighting the career of Ishiro Honda!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Watched it this morning. A pretty decent intro to Honda, and there was some info in there I'd either never heard or forgotten.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Great video! I had no idea he was in the war, or that he felt the way he did about the direction of the series in the Showa era. After learning that, I'm surprised he directed as many Godzilla films as he did.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)