What are your dream movies?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

What are your dream movies?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Title explains it. List movies you want to see happen.

For me.

A killer saber-toothed cat flick: Being my favorite Ice Age animal and a sucker for killer animal flicks like Jaws. This is one I'd absolutely love to see. Two had already been made by SyFy but I'm talking about a decent and good one as in with a budget going for it whether theatrical or straight to video. Until then the closest thing I'll get to it is one of my favorite books Jeff Rovin's Fatalis which I'd kill to see a movie based on that. Whether a movie based on that book or made completely from scratch.

American Gamera remake directed by Guillermo del Toro: If any director has what it takes to do an American remake of the Guardian of the Universe. It's Mr. del Toro considering he has the right things to make it work. He's a fan of giant monsters and many of his movies has fantasy elements to it such as the Hellboy movies and Pan's Labyrinth which the Heisei Gamera Trilogy (Equally my favorite movie of all time) has. Considering the Heisei Trilogy's mysticalism and mythology. Guillermo del Toro is perfect for it that he could model off of but with his own take.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: What are your dream movies?

Post by Ivo-goji »

A feature length Mickey Mouse cartoon adapting the newspaper comic strip storyline "The Mail Pilot" so the character can finally have an actual theatrical film to his name without sharing the spotlight with Donald or Goofy. Since we're talking dreams here it can only be made with traditional hand-drawn animation that approximates the art style of the comic as exactly as possible. It must only expand on the story of the comic serial in as far as this assists characterization and the film's runtime.

A sequel to The Dark Crystal. I'll take anything as long as every living thing in the film is depicted by a puppet.

A Don Bluth animated movie of any kind.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

A good American Godzilla movie would be nice.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mr. Xeno wrote:A good American Godzilla movie would be nice.
This guy gets it. ;)

- A good live-action Transformers film.

- A Batman film from the perspective of everyday gang members or drug lords and such, living in fear of some "force of nature" that is hunting down criminals left and right. I would prefer Batman to barely be seen but like his presence is felt at all times.

- Another Masaaki Tezuka Godzilla film.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Give me a novel-accurate JP movie, please.
Don't care who's directing - just make it dark and make it badass.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Give me a novel-accurate JP movie, please.
Don't care who's directing - just make it dark and make it badass.
This always and forever. Though a cable/Netflix miniseries might work better than a film.

Some ideas of mine.

A Hollywood Godzilla film written and directed by Frank Darabont or Neill Blomkamp. Something taking the best aspects of Gojira, Shin Godzilla, and a dab of Raids Again. Something dark, foreboding, emotionally charged, character driven, and global in scope with a top flight ensemble cast. Could be a solo film or a VS film it doesn't really matter. Though if it was a VS film both monsters would be seen as equally vicious and destructive. No matter which kaiju would win we'd all be screwed.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

For one thing, adaptations of the Nemesis series.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Another Masaaki Tezuka Godzilla film.
I'd love to see him get another chance, too. Him, or Hideaki Anno.

Other ones:

- a Gamera reboot with the same quality as the 90s trilogy
- Godzilla vs. Gamera
- a live-action Evangelion movie
- a new Daimajin
- a new Pokémon movie with the original Mewtwo
- an original Sailor Moon movie
- a new Thunderbirds movie
- Varan remake/reboot
- a movie adaptation of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds
- a Metroid movie
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I would like to see a movie made about the Flatwoods Monster done in the style of Rashomon. Three stories telling different versions of the same event some like that done with cryptozoology would be amazing.

an anthology film about cryptozoology would be nice, but not about the big ones. Things more along the lines of say, the Octo-squatch, Devil Monkeys, and Frogmen. I wrote an article for Dread Central about Monsters form Cryptozoology and Folklore that could work in a movie.
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/192162 ... ig-screen/

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

An adaptation of Mary Shelly’s Frankenstein that is as accurate to the novel as possible, right down to the way the monster was described, including the translucent yellow skin, long flowing black hair, black lips, etc.

A remake of Godzilla 1954 that turns out to be a good on its own right.

A good live action Transformers film as someone stated above.

A properly-done Superman reboot that satisfies the masses.

A good dinosaur film that is not Jurassic Park.

A properly-done Hollywood take on Dragonball.

A modern Sinbad film in the vein of the Harryhausen ones.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

More historical epics and movies based on various mythology ( be it Egyptian , Greece , Nordic etc)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

ShinGi wrote:More historical epics and movies based on various mythology ( be it Egyptian , Greece , Nordic etc)
Speaking of which. I want an Mythology Cinematic Universe involving the earth being run by all mythical gods of their particular lands.

Best part about this idea. All characters and monsters are in the public domain. ;)

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

A really well done, CG animated Silverwing adaptation.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I'd also be down to see an alternate history movie in a world where neanderthals survived and living alongside us. That'd be very interesting to see, if not a movie though, I'd be down for a book series on that.

Or better yet something similar to that The Zombie Survival Guide showing its history, in other words neanderthals throughout human history to today.

Another movie idea I'd be down for it is the success of bringing an neanderthal back through a human mother who becomes famous for it and said neanderthal being rehabilitated and adjusted to modern life.

Speaking of alternate history movies.

-Alternate history movie where last Ice Age megafauna never went extinct (Neanderthals could also be alongside them).
-Alternate history movie where dragons exist being like any other animal species.

Those two could also work as some book series or The Zombie Survival Guide-esque book.

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

Jaws 5
Dino Riders Live Action

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Fully animated Sonic the Hedgehog movie.

Looks like Sonic☆The☆Hedgehog is the closest thing we'll ever get.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

X_X X_X My dream film is the Quadrilogy of godzilla films I have laid out in my mind X_X
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

-An 'Alien vs. Predator' movie featuring Ripley as a Yautja ally.

-A long overdue 'Primal Rage' movie.

-A biographic mini series about the life of Edgar Rice Burroughs done in a style similar to 'The Man Who Invented Christmas'. Perfect would be title: 'The Father Of Tarzan'.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Leviarex wrote: -A biographic mini series about the life of Edgar Rice Burroughs done in a style similar to 'The Man Who Invented Christmas'. Perfect would be title: 'The Father Of Tarzan'.
I had no idea I wanted this movie so badly.
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Honestly I'd love to see the Marc Cerasini Godzilla novels adapted into big budget Hollywood films.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983