The Cloverfield Thread

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: The Cloverfield Thread

Post by GigaBowserG »

Zilla103192 wrote:That alternate ending makes an already amazing movie that much better.
Well, if it were real :P But movie's still pretty good as is.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Tyrannoraptor
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tyrannoraptor »

The One and Only wrote:"Alternate Ending" to 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE

On the subject of Clover in CLOVERFIELD being actually in fact an infant, or newborn to be specific. According to those involved in the production of the original flick, from creature designer Neville Page, director Matt Reeves. The man himself J.J. Abrams, and co-producer Bryan Burke. It was always intended for Clover to be an infant form of his species. Burke stated that part of what made Clover scary to him, was the fact the daikaiju was reacting to its surroundings like a panicked animal. Which he, Burke, pointed out makes an animal quite frightening to deal with. And as someone whose dealt with cows, especially when your trying to contain them. And they feel penned in, they can get quite dangerous. I know most of the info was shared about Clover's life cycle in the DVD/Blu-Ray behind the scenes extras, and not on the film proper. But I had always been under the impression that with Abrams and company intending CLOVERFIELD to be the ground floor to a new franchise. I had figured a lot of the stuff regarding Clover's development from newborn to adulthood had been plotted out during production so down the line it could be used as framework for sequels. Rather liked the fact that they had spent some time fleshing this stuff out beforehand. Gave the project a little more gravitas once you think about it.
Now you've just said that Cloverfield monster is actually a newborn baby while other told me its not but just by mental sense so you guys must be confusing me! :?

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

In any case of the age I wonder does this mean there's multiple clover monsters of varying age and size? Or just the one? And if there are multiple or one, regardless, are we ever gonna get a film focusing on it's/their rampage. I won't count the first Clover because that's the first installment. Unless I'm not understanding the timeline. I'm assuming it's either

-Cloverfield
-Paradox
-Lane

or

-Paradox
-Lane
-Cloverfield
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I'm at a loss, because I thought Paradox made it glaringly obvious we were dealing with multiple dimensions. Therefore there really isn't a "timeline", just different dimensions that have been effected by each other. Paradox's events lead to the monster appearing in New York in the first film and that respective dimension/reality, the connection to Lane I'm not sure except Space Worms? there were worms in...space...in Paradox?, and then you have the other two dimensions we witnessed in Paradox and their respective events.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Oh man that alternate ending was a lot better... Too many " what could have beens"
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

ernesth100 wrote:In any case of the age I wonder does this mean there's multiple clover monsters of varying age and size? Or just the one? And if there are multiple or one, regardless, are we ever gonna get a film focusing on it's/their rampage. I won't count the first Clover because that's the first installment. Unless I'm not understanding the timeline. I'm assuming it's either

-Cloverfield
-Paradox
-Lane

or

-Paradox
-Lane
-Cloverfield
It's Cloverfield, Lane, and Paradox.

Only they don't take place in the same universes as each other.

Paradox is the starting point, sure, but that happens in the future. The Paradox, as spelled out by Mark "somehow more paranoid and crazy than his brother, Howard" Stambler at the start, fucked with both time and space. It brought some individuals of the LSA's species to their Earth (Paradox-Earth) in their present, dumped another bunch of said species on Cloverfield-Earth an unknown amount of time ago that only became aggressive in 2008, and transported the alien fleet to 10CL-Earth in 2016.

It's confusing, yes, but that's what you get when Test Audiences force you to renege on the Anthology spin in favor of something more connected, no matter how sloppy.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Some on another form came up with a new theory.

Earth A and Earth B have the same timeline till the Shepard overload.

In Earth B the Shepard crashes and WW III starts.

In Earth A the timeline goes through a retcon. Clover is flung into a new 2008 of Earth A. Aliens show up later in Earth A's new timeline. Humans drive off the monster, defeat the aliens and this leads to the world needing energy. The Shepard crew are the only people in both timelines that remember the pre overload timeline. The Earth is in a state at the end of the war that they can't stop the Clover monster.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Overall I think the cool thing about the series is that regardless of the ARG you can basically make up your own timeline about these things

Which is probably better then the actual Time-Line

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

That's really the fun part of this series. There's so much possibility, a big guessing game. The more mystery, the more there is to think about. Nothing is spoon fed to us.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

miguelnuva wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/www.scified. ... irst-movie

The plot thickens.
This means that the monster survived after the events of the first movie. Hmmmm
why did i have to be the chosen one?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

KillCrites wrote:

The plot thickens.
This means that the monster survived after the events of the first movie. Hmmmm
Also means it fucking ballooned in size, and suddenly was near London.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

And nobody knew about it until the future? Her husband sounded pretty shocked when he found out his wife was coming back to "These Things?"
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Lmao I guess it really was a baby.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

The plot thickens.
So.... it actually was a baby in the first movie? So much for being "like" a baby :lol:
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

GigaBowserG wrote:

The plot thickens.
So.... it actually was a baby in the first movie? So much for being "like" a baby :lol:
So much for it being dead. Just rewatched the commentary by J.J. 'The bombs killed the creature'
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LamangoKaijura wrote:So much for it being dead. Just rewatched the commentary by J.J. 'The bombs killed the creature'
Heard about that, too. I can only imagine either Abrams completely forgot what happened to the thing, or retconned its death for whatever reason.
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GigaBowserG wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:So much for it being dead. Just rewatched the commentary by J.J. 'The bombs killed the creature'
Heard about that, too. I can only imagine either Abrams completely forgot what happened to the thing, or retconned its death for whatever reason.
He retconed the original it's still alive so glad to see that it was changed back.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

So it survived being bombed, isn't 'like a baby' and was a legit baby, that somehow grew to the size to pop it's head into the fucking stratosphere and was suddenly near London.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:So it survived being bombed, isn't 'like a baby' and was a legit baby, that somehow grew to the size to pop it's head into the skreeonking stratosphere and was suddenly near London.
Sounds like they came up with this in like a day.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos