Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

Post by BlankAccount »

TV Tropes pointed out the girl at the end of the stinger is seen halfway through the movie spying on them in the foliage (the scene where a knife is broken by sharp plant leaf).

Rewatched it, damn, how the fuck did I miss that?

EDIT: Different eye, hair and skin color. So different woman.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Living Corpse wrote:TV Tropes pointed out the girl at the end of the stinger is seen halfway through the movie spying on them in the foliage (the scene where a knife is broken by sharp plant leaf).

Rewatched it, damn, how the fuck did I miss that?

EDIT: Different eye. hair and skin color.
I remember seeing that, but I thought it was a Servum. That's a great catch.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

In my opinion this incarnation puts a lot of emphasis on the god aspect *both that and a physical incarnation of the feeling you get when you're completely fucked*
your source of self destruction

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

317.7 meters.

NOTE: This is after his scream attack when he is standing and not when he is first coming out of the ground.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I wonder if the "natives" have some sort of immunity to radiation considering they seem to be fine without the suits and such from the United Earth.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I wonder if the "natives" have some sort of immunity to radiation considering they seem to be fine without the suits and such from the United Earth.
They drank the Infant Islander's berry juice. :P
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Cybermat said that he’s upset that the aliens are so human like; I do agree perhaps they could have a little more pronounced features, but it’s been a long trsdition to have humanoid Star Trek type aliens in there. However, for all we know, in particular with the barusados, maybe underneath they’re some sort of big insect monster.
I’m not really upset, more just underwhelmed.

But, as you say, they could well look different. It’s possible that they’re giving themselves more Human appearances to simplify interracial diplomacy and interactions. It’s easier to talk with a strange looking person than it is to do the same with a big insect monster.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

With just a Tuning Fork burp and sonic boom from his tail, Godzilla Earth caused so much damage. At his current size I wouldn't be surprised if his Atomic Breath is on par with Tsar Bomba.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarbosaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Tarbosaurus »

Hosted a stream for the movie (some some friends who don't have Netflix) and when the stinger native girl showed up, I was left with one big question. How is she (and presumably others) able to run around half naked in a forest made of things hard and sharp as metallic blades without getting cut to ribbons? Presumably Godzilla Earth has gene swapped with the whole ecosystem beyond the sampled plants and servum, so might the humans on the planet be the same in some way to survive the wilds (be able to even digest the food) and breath cleanly?
"That's what I get for attacking a pirate-scientist." - POLE7645 on Ogata's life choices

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Tarbosaurus wrote:Hosted a stream for the movie (some some friends who don't have Netflix) and when the stinger native girl showed up, I was left with one big question. How is she (and presumably others) able to run around half naked in a forest made of things hard and sharp as metallic blades without getting cut to ribbons? Presumably Godzilla Earth has gene swapped with the whole ecosystem beyond the sampled plants and servum, so might the humans on the planet be the same in some way to survive the wilds (be able to even digest the food) and breath cleanly?
Maybe because there's a little bit of Godzilla in all of us.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarbosaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Tarbosaurus »

Living Corpse wrote:
Tarbosaurus wrote:Hosted a stream for the movie (some some friends who don't have Netflix) and when the stinger native girl showed up, I was left with one big question. How is she (and presumably others) able to run around half naked in a forest made of things hard and sharp as metallic blades without getting cut to ribbons? Presumably Godzilla Earth has gene swapped with the whole ecosystem beyond the sampled plants and servum, so might the humans on the planet be the same in some way to survive the wilds (be able to even digest the food) and breath cleanly?

Also anyone else besides me notice Haruo was (apparently) breathing okay when she was tending to him given his helmet was off despite earlier the movie saying the air and water were toxic? Guess the Infant juice comment from earlier just might be true after all.
"That's what I get for attacking a pirate-scientist." - POLE7645 on Ogata's life choices

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Tarbosaurus wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
https://rocketmod.net/images/proxy/93/9 ... 5769fa.jpg

Also anyone else besides me notice Haruo was (apparently) breathing okay when she was tending to him given his helmet was off despite earlier the movie saying the air and water were toxic? Guess the Infant juice comment from earlier just might be true after all.
It might be toxic long term, plus it looks like they are underground when he wakes up so maybe no "infection" there. Still, I agree, the humans who have been living have absorbed Godzilla DNA much in the same way the animals have become Servum. He's literally helping life survive the radiation by making life more like him.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Living Corpse wrote:
Tarbosaurus wrote:
Living Corpse wrote: Maybe because there's a little bit of Godzilla in all of us.
https://rocketmod.net/images/proxy/93/9 ... 5769fa.jpg

It might be toxic long term, plus it looks like they are underground when he wakes up so maybe no "infection" there. Still, I agree, the humans who have been living have absorbed Godzilla DNA much in the same way the animals have become Servum. He's literally helping life survive the radiation by making life more like him.
TWIST ENDING! Godzilla was saving the planet all along

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzillian wrote: TWIST ENDING! Godzilla was saving the planet all along
Pretty much. They thought Godzilla was genocidal, but I think he was aiming to remove the things that allow humanity to harm the ecosystem, destroying our tech to send us back to the stone age and kill any mutated monsters nature never intended. Since a lot of nukes went off and he leaves behind a lot of radiation, he's been creating a new ecosystem by infecting, or should I say donating, his DNA into life forms so they can survive the higher than normal background radiation till it recedes, including humans left behind who survived.

As for the sequels, obviously is gonna fight Mechagodzilla, but I also feel like one of the other "Nature Gods" the Exif mentioned will wonder to Earth and Godzilla will try to kill it. On it's planet it's just like Godzilla, a means to restore balance to the planet's ecosystem but on Earth it is an alien and an evasive species Godzilla must kill. The same would be true in reveres if it was Godzilla who ended up on the Exif's world.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Living Corpse wrote:
Pretty much. They thought Godzilla was genocidal, but I think he was aiming to remove the things that allow humanity to harm the ecosystem, destroying our tech to send us back to the stone age and kill any mutated monsters nature never intended. Since a lot of nukes went off and he leaves behind a lot of radiation, he's been creating a new ecosystem by infecting, or should I say donating, his DNA into life forms so they can survive the higher than normal background radiation till it recedes, including humans left behind who survived.

As for the sequels, obviously is gonna fight Mechagodzilla, but I also feel like one of the other "Nature Gods" the Exif mentioned will wonder to Earth and Godzilla will try to kill it. On it's planet it's just like Godzilla, a means to restore balance to the planet's ecosystem but on Earth it is an alien and an evasive species Godzilla must kill. The same would be true in reveres if it was Godzilla who ended up on the Exif's world.
...so basically Battra...
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

...so basically Battra...
Basically ever nature god in fiction. Like ever.

Now a more interesting question, is how a 50 meter Mechagodzilla is supposed to fight him when he's 300+ meters. Since they seem to be going with a callback to the Showa Mechagodzilla, I expect him to be flying a lot, and fast.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The Mechagodzilla thing reminds me of the Kong vs Godzilla debate, obviously they’re gonna scale him up.

In terms of the whole possible twist, I could sure see it where the Exif and Barusaldo were sending the monsters (Dogora, Orga, Daghra) and mind controlling others (Rodan Angurius). Godzilla is rising up to fight them.

The problem with the whole idea though is Godzilla isn’t even a nature god in context. I mean I guess he sorta is, but he’s not even returning earth to the natural state. All the plant life on earth is drastically alien and different. You could argue that what Godzilla did in fact is way worse than whatever humanity has ever done to the earth. We also don’t have any bio diversity, and yeah while Orga and Dogora are probably aliens, why shouldn’t creatures like Kamacuras be able to live?

The other thing I wouldn’t like about Godzilla secretly beinrg good/neutral is it undermines any new ground the film has brought and quite honestly the sequels would super clash with it.

It’s more likely the girl, and possibly others, are part of small tribes who can survive on earth and be protected by Mothra, Be it some sort of juice or something else.

In addition, seperate note, but I realized how similar the plot sorta is to Blue Gender. It’s very different in a lot of ways, but if anyone likes the concept of reclaiming earth+giant insects it’s worth watching.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I actually think it'd be cool, tricky but cool to see them make a fight between a 50 meter Mechagodzilla and 300 meter Godzilla work instead of just scaling him up. He spams long ranged weapons and flies around so it's not impossible, heck he probably has a force field like the classic Showa Mechagodzilla.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It would be kinda funny if they just replicate the strategy with the mech suits on the 300m with Mechagodzilla. In fact there’s a possibility if they do something like that that’s what they’ll do. I suppose I’m just craving some more toe to toe giant monster fights. Guess that could be the job for Ghidorah or SG, whichever one, if not an original monster shows up.
M
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:It would be kinda funny if they just replicate the strategy with the mech suits on the 300m with Mechagodzilla. In fact there’s a possibility if they do something like that that’s what they’ll do. I suppose I’m just craving some more toe to toe giant monster fights. Guess that could be the job for Ghidorah or SG, whichever one, if not an original monster shows up.
M
It's possible we won't have a monster close to, equal or bigger than Godzilla til the 3rd film.