Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:Not the one that blew up, apparently. It is technically a wrong choice of words, as it's stated in the movie that it's not actually GODZILLA Godzilla, but a similar offshoot. But another monster in its place would've been my preference.
The point of having the Baby (let’s call it that cause that’s pretty much what it is) is to allow there to be some hope, and have the film focus on Godzilla, yet make sure it doesn’t seem too easy. It was hard killing the baby one that was only 50 m, and yet now there’s a 300m one, the original. It’s actually a great way to hype Godzilla, while at the same time letting characters have victories. Also it’s a good way to allow the humans to still be able to interact with a monster and have an interesting final sequence without just using a big mech.

Another monster would’ve completely ruined the point of the film. The baby Godzilla, plants and Servum, all proves that Godzilla is asexually reproducing and that the planet truly is a Godzilla planet.

I’ve seen some people annoyed by there being two Godzilla’s or there being a baby one that’s significantly weaker, but is anyone forgetting Minya/Godzilla junior as well? Would you say Godzilla Junior is GINO? Presumably this baby Godzilla would eventually grow giant like his daddy.
Filius is not a baby he's fully grown. Godzilla Earth is just massively bigger and stronger than what he started as die to fusing with Earth.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Do we have any confirmation that the baby wouldn’t grow bigger or do the same things over the same timespan? Where do the names even come from? Nothing in the film really refers to him as that
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: do the names even come from? Nothing in the film really refers to him as that
From a magazine or something I guess; I mean even the Servum aren't referred to by their name. Check Wikizilla if you want a definite answer.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

The only fitting name for the large Godzilla is 'Big Mama"

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

The name "Godzilla Filius" comes from the theater program for the film. "Godzilla Earth" is used by the film's official Twitter and website, and has spread through numerous Japanese sources.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Destorogoji wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:
Destorogoji wrote: Quoting another member, from the novel thread:
YES!!! YES!!!!! I always wanted to see them bring back the anti-nuclear bacteria, and have that turn into a Hedorah-like monster. Looks like my wish may have come true.
Yeah, Hedorah is criminally underused, he has the basics to make amazing plots. You could even make a film about Operation Hedorah.
Just imagine what you could do, without having the limitations of a suit!! Hedorah is a kaiju whos full potential would be best suited for good CGI or animation

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^^^Yeah, kinda hoping Hedorah reappears in the sequels in some format.

I suppose one thing that’s disappointing is how there’s no classic monsters returning as of now, beyond the quick montage. I hope the manga or sequels brings back some of the monsters.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Since Hedorah is apparently a bio-weapon in this timeline, it would be pretty easy to bring him in. Either they salvage him like Mechagodzilla, or they attempt to create another Hedorah.

I would also be on board for a MonsterVerse Hedorah. Just more Hedorah in general.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GalacticPetey wrote:Since Hedorah is apparently a bio-weapon in this timeline, it would be pretty easy to bring him in. Either they salvage him like Mechagodzilla, or they attempt to create another Hedorah.

I would also be on board for a MonsterVerse Hedorah. Just more Hedorah in general.
I think everyone pretty much agrees Hedorah is probably be most underutilized monster in the franchise esp considering he’s basically an alternative take on Godzilla. You’re right about the bioweapon thing. Would be kinda confusing if Rodan appeared, but I could see them trying to recreate the Hedorah weapon.

Also slightly unrelated:
It’s implied the first Godzilla appears due to mankind being bad and polluting and creating problems, based on some remarks by Meti, but does anyone think there’s a reason why Kamacuras, Dogora, Daghra, and Orga appeared? Might the aliens have summoned them?
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:Since Hedorah is apparently a bio-weapon in this timeline, it would be pretty easy to bring him in. Either they salvage him like Mechagodzilla, or they attempt to create another Hedorah.

I think everyone pretty much agrees Hedorah is probably be most underutilized monster in the franchise esp considering he’s basically an alternative take on Godzilla. You’re right about the bioweapon thing. Would be kinda confusing if Rodan appeared, but I could see them trying to recreate the Hedorah weapon.

Also slightly unrelated:
It’s implied the first Godzilla appears due to mankind being bad and polluting and creating problems, based on some remarks by Meti, but does anyone think there’s a reason why Kamacuras, Dogora, Daghra, and Orga appeared? Might the aliens have summoned them?
Kaiju pop up and destroy civilizations that get to out of control it seems. The aliens just seem to be extremely interested in Godzilla for some reason

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Godzillian wrote:The aliens just seem to be extremely interested in Godzilla for some reason
Which is why I think the space monster alluded to is Spacegodzilla. They were struck by the similarities between him and Godzilla.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Yeah, it's so weird why they are so interested in Godzilla, it's also weird how they have a prophecy about Goji. Those Exif have something up and I'm very curious about it.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

The novel says that Hedorah disappeared after it went out of control following the battle against Anguirus and Rodan. So for all we know it could still be lurking around on the Earth, just waiting to be awakened again. Hedorah could be a compelling threat for this Godzilla: a monster bred by humanity's folly that aims to destroy the planet against a monster that seemingly arose to end humanity's reign over the Earth and has essentially become one with the planet.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzillian wrote:The only fitting name for the large Godzilla is 'Big Mama"
No, Big Boss.

Added in 38 seconds:
King of the Monsters wrote:The name "Godzilla Filius" comes from the theater program for the film. "Godzilla Earth" is used by the film's official Twitter and website, and has spread through numerous Japanese sources.
What does Filius mean?

Added in 1 minute 38 seconds:
GalacticPetey wrote:
Godzillian wrote:The aliens just seem to be extremely interested in Godzilla for some reason
Which is why I think the space monster alluded to is Spacegodzilla. They were struck by the similarities between him and Godzilla.
Plus you know, Earth is the one planet left that can support humanoids. The darker skin aliens (I can't spell their race name) lost their's to a fucking black hole.

Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
King of the Monsters wrote:The novel says that Hedorah disappeared after it went out of control following the battle against Anguirus and Rodan. So for all we know it could still be lurking around on the Earth, just waiting to be awakened again. Hedorah could be a compelling threat for this Godzilla: a monster bred by humanity's folly that aims to destroy the planet against a monster that seemingly arose to end humanity's reign over the Earth and has essentially become one with the planet.
I like the idea that Godzilla is trying to convert the planet into a ecosystem of his own making, like a microscopic organism making a coral reef but out of the whole planet.

Added in 3 minutes 15 seconds:
Destorogoji wrote:Yeah, it's so weird why they are so interested in Godzilla, it's also weird how they have a prophecy about Goji. Those Exif have something up and I'm very curious about it.
I have noticed that for a sci-fi film, it feels like WOW or some other fantasy just in space and with tech instead of magic, the aliens even remind me of elves and dark elves.

As for the prophecy, I don't find that weird, if something like Godzilla actually showed up in real life, religious people would mistake it for something like the beast of revelations in the bible and think it's the end times.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Living Corpse wrote: What does Filius mean?
It's Latin for "son."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote: What does Filius mean?
It's Latin for "son."
Yeah I'm just gonna call him Minilla or Junior. :P

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

King of the Monsters wrote:The novel says that Hedorah disappeared after it went out of control following the battle against Anguirus and Rodan. So for all we know it could still be lurking around on the Earth, just waiting to be awakened again. Hedorah could be a compelling threat for this Godzilla: a monster bred by humanity's folly that aims to destroy the planet against a monster that seemingly arose to end humanity's reign over the Earth and has essentially become one with the planet.
MAN, I wish this novel was getting a US English-translated release...
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

With servum and filius both coming from Latin, I'm wishing Godzilla Earth was called Godzilla Tellus or Terra, but that's just the geeky Latin student in me.
Last edited by GalacticPetey on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

For me atleast, Haruo was a pretty good character. Of course the next two films can expand let his arc grow more. I thought him saying "The Earth.....it remembered us.." was quite touching- even more since he saw those pink flowers from that necklace thing his parents gave him.

Anyone else think there are more "Filius" out there?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:For me atleast, Haruo was a pretty good character. Of course the next two films can expand let his arc grow more. I thought him saying "The Earth.....it remembered us.." was quite touching- even more since he saw those pink flowers from that necklace thing his parents gave him.

Anyone else think there are more "Filius" out there?
Nice catch, I didn’t notice the flowers thing. Also ina. Strange way, and this is asspull speculation, perhaps Biollante could be similar to that flower assuming it appears.

In terms of more Filius, I think it’s possible but unlikely. It’s noted that by the drones that there aren’t many life signs, or intriguing things going on, other than them finding the Filius. The big daddy was hiding underground, and while it’s possible there’s more Filius underground I doubt it. I think the series will now want to be solely focused on the original Godzilla. Even though Filius died in the first filmill doubt they’ll reduce smaller Godzilla’s to casual threats, the Servum will continue to have that function.