KWCE Match Trivia

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

KWCE Match Trivia

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Same as the thread in the main KWC forum, post neat little facts about matches you’ve written.

I’ll come back later when i’ve remembered more stuff, but here’s one for now.

- The detail of Orochi being awoken by a cult was partially inspired by the fanfic Godzilla vs Cthulhu by C.L. Werner. I had read the story recently, and even though Cthulhu already had a cult in the original novel, I liked the idea of cults and kaiju mixing.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Post by UltimateDitto »

Match 15 - Written during a midnight trip from San Antonio to New Orleans.

- One of my earlier matches, and it shows. :lol:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Legendary Godzilla was originally going to be much more antagonistic and mean-spirited in Godzilla (Showa) vs Godzilla (Legendary). He would have had an attitude of strength is what matters above all else, shaped by an encounter he had with an older member of his species millions of years ago which would have slowly been revealed over the course of the match.

To abridge things, Legendary Godzilla as a young adult ventured out to claim his own territory, only to end up in a territory dispute with a fully grown Godzilla (implied to be Adam, or Dagon as he’s apparently called now). Legendary Godzilla would have gotten his shit kicked in, only for a pair of MUTOs to arrive and attack the two, allowing LPG to escape as they murder Adam (keep in mind I wrote the match before Aftershock).

However, I couldn’t figure out a way to properly wrap that up in a way that still fit the match, and I discovered the match was way better paced without all of this. And also in hindsight, it would have been real out of character for Legendary Godzilla, so overall, I think I made a good choice in scrapping it.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Legendary Godzilla was originally going to be much more antagonistic and mean-spirited in Godzilla (Showa) vs Godzilla (Legendary). He would have had an attitude of strength is what matters above all else, shaped by an encounter he had with an older member of his species millions of years ago which would have slowly been revealed over the course of the match.

To abridge things, Legendary Godzilla as a young adult ventured out to claim his own territory, only to end up in a territory dispute with a fully grown Godzilla (implied to be Adam, or Dagon as he’s apparently called now). Legendary Godzilla would have gotten his poop kicked in, only for a pair of MUTOs to arrive and attack the two, allowing LPG to escape as they murder Adam (keep in mind I wrote the match before Aftershock).

However, I couldn’t figure out a way to properly wrap that up in a way that still fit the match, and I discovered the match was way better paced without all of this. And also in hindsight, it would have been real out of character for Legendary Godzilla, so overall, I think I made a good choice in scrapping it.
that was an interesting idea. I feel like the only way Dagon would get in is in the form of a skin

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Godzillasaurus vs. Gorosaurus Round 2 is to the original match what Godzilla vs. Kong is to the 62 film. First one ended in a draw,and this is the definitive winner! Of course i'm not gonna spoil who wins though. ;)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

tyrantgoji wrote:Godzillasaurus vs. Gorosaurus Round 2 is to the original match what Godzilla vs. Kong is to the 62 film. First one ended in a draw,and this is the definitive winner! Of course i'm not gonna spoil who wins though. ;)
62 had a definitive winner too, though.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Trivia for Match 54
Spoiler:
The Eleking-Neronga combination attack at the end of match 54 actually already existed in the Ultra franchise. I saw that Neronga and Eleking had a combo attack in “Ultra Monsters” (which I assume is an arcade game of some kind, cannot find any information on it anywhere) when I looked at the former’s page on the Ultra Wiki, and that’s what convinced me to write the match.
KWCE Administrator

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Alright so Match 53 actually had a couple different endings planned. My first one was having all three of the Guardian Monsters win and stop Godzilla but i figured the story needed some tragedy, so i decided to let one of them die in a sacrifice. Then, rewatching GMK made me realized that "Oh yeaaah, Baragon's ghost can power them up!" so i let it be him to bit the dust... or atomic ray in this case.

The arena went through a couple of changes as well. I already said i almost accidentally set it in Hong Kong, but once it moved to Japan it switched rapidly. First it was Mount Fuji but i thought it would be too similar to Match 12. Then i moved it to Tokyo but i thought that was overdone, so then i set in Yokohama because it only appeared in one other match and as reference to the actual film.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Trivia for Match 54
Spoiler:
The Eleking-Neronga combination attack at the end of match 54 actually already existed in the Ultra franchise. I saw that Neronga and Eleking had a combo attack in “Ultra Monsters” (which I assume is an arcade game of some kind, cannot find any information on it anywhere) when I looked at the former’s page on the Ultra Wiki, and that’s what convinced me to write the match.
the game is Ultra Monster Colosseum(I think) and is a Wii game

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

kaijufanforever wrote:
Spoiler:
It turns out it was actually an arcade game released around the time of the Ultra Galaxy movie.
KWCE Administrator

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:
Spoiler:
It turns out it was actually an arcade game released around the time of the Ultra Galaxy movie.
Oh, ok, I haven't been on it's wiki page in a while, sorry

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

kaijufanforever wrote: Oh, ok, I haven't been on it's wiki page in a while, sorry
It’s all good, no need to apologize.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Fun (Maybe) Fact: originally, Match 69 was just gonna be Palkia vs Rodan, but as I went along I thought about how much cooler it would be if Dialga joined the rumble as well. And a few days later, as I was sitting in a ski lodge to rest and continued writing, the idea that it would only make sense that Giratina would also join the chaos came to my mind, so I decided to write him in as well.

Thus, it evolved from Rodan vs Palkia, to Rodan vs Palkia and Dialga, to Rodan vs the entire Creation Trio.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Okay, about to revive this thread now that Match 109 has been uploaded. But since people are probably still trying to catch up with it, everything about the match itself will be in spoilers.

I wanted to make a Stan Winston Godzilla fight for a good while, and it was almost always him against another version of Godzilla. The very first one I made was him vs. 2002 Godzilla. It took place in the Kiryu Saga continuity, and started in Antarctica after the American Godzilla was discovered in the ice. Then KiryuGoji broke free from Kiryu's grasp, went over there and found out where American Goji was, then they fought in Antarctica, then the fought in the main Pacific Ocean and then they had a final battle in Las Vegas-

Okay you can probably see why I scrapped all that. :lol: It was needlessly long and complicated for something that should have been pretty simple story wise. I had gotten far enough that ShinGojira actually made a banner for me... Which I no longer have because I lost it when my old computer monitor died and got a new one. (He might still have it though, IDK)

Eventually, I had decided to just put him up against one of the other American Godzilla's, but both Zilla and MonsterVerse Godzilla didn't really get too far because I felt like there wasn't a whole lot to them beyond the novelty. Though the MV Goji idea in particular was the start of potentially setting the match in New Kirk City, which stuck...

A bit after that, I was exploring the cutting room, saw that a Heisei vs. TriStar movie featuring Stan Wintson's Godzilla was being planned and thought "Hey, why don't I just do that!?" and I finally had an idea that stuck.

Now, to the ending..
Spoiler:
Really early in development, I had considered letting TriStar Godzilla win, and then it eventually turned into a draw. Eventually I stuck with Heisei winning, but I decided to be nice and left AmeriGoji alive just in case I decided to make a sequel. (nothing in the works as of now, but who knows?) The new human story I made also didn't involve the whole "amniotic fluid" angle, but I decided to throw that in just to really have further ties with the 94 movie script. Speaking of which, that's actually why I described American Godzilla's beam as white, since apparently it was either that or yellow when it came to the beam colors they wanted to use. Thanks to SoggyNoodles for that bit of knowledge.

The fight scenes as a whole were inspire by most other Godzilla mirror matches in the main K.W.C. Match 161, Match 337, Match 379... Speaking of which, there was a weird coincidence that Match 411 was uploaded just as I was getting to the final fight in the flooded New Kirk City. The only thing I sort of threw in thanks to that match though was a small segment about the dead bodies bobbing in the water. Admittedly almost forgot the city would have been filled with a bunch of corpses after something so devastating lol.
For one final tidbit, this was not the first Godzilla mirror match I wrote for the K.W.C.E. That said, it will also not be part of the ongoing emptying of the catalogue. Let's just say it had a bit of a promotion... ;)
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

That’s an interesting amount of trivia! Part of me wishes we got to see that ‘94 vs KiryuGoji concept; it sounds like they were gonna absolutely hate one another.

Can’t wait to see what the next mirror match is gonna be…

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Does anyone remember the "Godzilla vs. Koopzilla" fan film from 2014? There's a reference to that in Match 109! Rewatch the fight scene from Koopzilla and you might catch it!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:35 pm Oh yeah, I almost forgot! Does anyone remember the "Godzilla vs. Koopzilla" fan film from 2014? There's a reference to that in Match 109! Rewatch the fight scene from Koopzilla and you might catch it!
That film is peak to this day

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So uh

Match #119 is ass. I'm just saying it straight up. Not only that, it was the first K.W.C.E I ever worked on. And I apparently can't even remember actually working on it beyond all of that, that's how little I actually remember working on it. :lol: Going by my Deviantart account, it's just about five years old, uploaded over there in August of 2019 (though I might have completed it earlier), and was some of my first writing work in general. Maybe that's why it's aged so damn poorly. (those commas are embarrassing.)

The only good thing that came out of it was this banner by Ditto. Truthfully, his skills should have been saved by a much better piece of work.

Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegetableBooy
Monarch Researcher

Post by VegetableBooy »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:38 pm So uh

Match #119 is ass. I'm just saying it straight up. Not only that, it was the first K.W.C.E I ever worked on. And I apparently can't even remember actually working on it beyond all of that, that's how little I actually remember working on it. :lol: Going by my Deviantart account, it's just about five years old, uploaded over there in August of 2019 (though I might have completed it earlier), and was some of my first writing work in general. Maybe that's why it's aged so damn poorly. (those commas are embarrassing.)

The only good thing that came out of it was this banner by Ditto. Truthfully, his skills should have been saved by a much better piece of work.

It’s Schrödinger’s Match, it both exists and doesn’t exist at the same time in your mind.
Last edited by VegetableBooy on Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

SPOILERS FOR MATCH #122:
Spoiler:
The inspiration for Match #122 was sparked by Thomas Fairchild’s Godzilla Meditation and Ambience videos on YouTube—specifically, the one featuring Godzilla Earth. I watched the first minutes of it, then later posted a story-based comment…and then months later I looked back at said comment and thought “Hey…what if I took that little short-story comment and made a KWCE match out of it?”

On a side note, originally this was going to be Godzilla Earth vs Silver Hydra and Berserk, and the monster Godzilla fights before going Burning mode was originally supposed to be the Giant Silver Hydra. However, since the Silver Hydra had no KWCE card, Bacon requested that I replace the Giant Silver Hydra with another Kaiju. After a little bit of searching, I finally settled on the Magnetic Monster from the Hanna Barbera Godzilla show.