TK's "Figure of the Year" 2017 Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Figure of the Year 2017

Poll ended at Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:02 pm

SHF Gomora
8%
NECA Shin Godzilla
21%
X-PLUS Gigantic Shin Godzilla
25%
Bandai Skull Gomora
No votes
Bandai Zegan
No votes
SHMA Godzilla 2017
25%
X-PLUS DeFoReal Shin Godzilla 4th Form
4%
Bandai Webshop Exclusive Gargantuas
17%

Total votes: 24

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: TK's "Figure of the Year" 2017 Thread

Post by Kaijunator »

Will we have all day on the 3rd to vote? I’m waiting for my SHMA 2017 Godzilla to arrive before I start voting.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kaijunator wrote:Will we have all day on the 3rd to vote? I’m waiting for my SHMA 2017 Godzilla to arrive before I start voting.
Yeah sure. I’ll even extend the date if people feel we need more time.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:Will we have all day on the 3rd to vote? I’m waiting for my SHMA 2017 Godzilla to arrive before I start voting.
Yeah sure. I’ll even extend the date if people feel we need more time.
How long are you willing to extend the date? My SHMA 2017 Godzilla is being processed in New York (Japan Post isn’t giving me an estimated delivery day), so I’m expecting it to arrive tomorrow or Friday.

Also is the X-Plus 25cm Shin Godzilla eligible? I keep finding that the first production run was supposed to release in December 2016 or January 2017. I know the second production run released in February (that’s where mine came from). If my G17 doesn’t come in soon, then I’ll either vote for 25cm Shin or not vote at all (didn’t really get a lot of kaiju figures in 2017).
Last edited by Kaijunator on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Well we don't need to extend the date as the poll's got SHMA G17 on the list. Making this without a nomination thread was kind of a mistake and something I'll remember for next year :freak: Although the seemingly dead Toy section certainly didn't help matters much either. Oh well, we got a pretty good amount of figures on the poll.

If the 25cm Shin's initial release was in 2016, it's not eligible. If it was delayed to 2017, then it counts. If only the 2nd Production run happened in 2017, it's not eligible as that falls under "reissue", same way the SHMA Shin would not count as FOTY for 2018.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

I think it teetered on the edge. It wasn’t eligible in the last poll. I’d say it counts, though it has stiff competition with Gigantic anyway.
Last edited by Darth Kiryu on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Darth Kiryu wrote:I think it teetered on the edge. It wasn’t eligible in the last poll. I’d say it counts, though it has stiff competition with Gigantic anyway.
Both the X-Plus Ric site and Kaiju Addicts are saying the first production run was released in late December/early January and unfortunately I don’t remember when collectors started receiving their figures. The Gigantic Shin does look gorgeous, but the price is really high. Not everyone has $700-800 to drop on a figure.

My 2017 Goji did come today, and he is outstanding. I’m probably going end up voting for him.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Including the Gargantuas was dirty pool, but due to their lack of articulation, I have to go with Animezilla. It is, after all, FIGURE of the year, not STATUE of the year. IMO, articulation matters in this category...

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

MandaSaurus wrote:Including the Gargantuas was dirty pool, but due to their lack of articulation, I have to go with Animezilla. It is, after all, FIGURE of the year, not STATUE of the year. IMO, articulation matters in this category...
But they do have articulation.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

MandaSaurus wrote:Including the Gargantuas was dirty pool, but due to their lack of articulation, I have to go with Animezilla. It is, after all, FIGURE of the year, not STATUE of the year. IMO, articulation matters in this category...
2018 is off to a great start on TK.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Kaijunator wrote:The Gigantic Shin does look gorgeous, but the price is really high. Not everyone has $700-800 to drop on a figure.
I'm one of those people, but I was still tempted to vote for it. In the end I didn't, because it isn't fair to the figures I do have.
MandaSaurus wrote:It is, after all, FIGURE of the year, not STATUE of the year.
Tiny Shin would like a word with you.
Castellan Zilla wrote:2018 is off to a great start on TK.
Next time let's just call it Toy of the Year and trigger everyone. :lol: