Possibility of HD renasters of the Atari Godzilla games

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Possibility of HD renasters of the Atari Godzilla games

Post by G-MAN »

Please vote if you enjoyed playing these. https://twitter.com/TohoKingdom/status/ ... 2958893056
Just saw this go up and any attention we as a community can bring to this can surely help accomplish this. Sure we might not get them all or even any. But we should vote and let Atari know there are still many fans of the games that want to play them on newer consoles and let newer generations experience these games like we all have.

So go vote and comment

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Possibility of HD renasters of the Atari Godzilla games

Post by Maritonic »

ALL. OF. MY. YES.

If this ever comes to fruition, I will lose my shit. Destroy All Monsters Melee and Save the Earth are everything.

Edit: Sh!t no longer changes to Hedorah. Now it changes to poop. Interesting.
Last edited by Maritonic on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Post by G-MAN »

I agree man we got to help make this happen

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

It would be an instant buy for me. I'm particularly curious on how they would handle Unleashed since its a motion control game...
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

I'd probably buy a Switch just for these remasters. A portable version of these games would simply be too good to pass up! PS4 and PC would be fine too, don't have any Xbox systems outside of the original.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

If this ends up happening at some point, it'd sure as hell make my day!
Maritonic wrote:Sh!t no longer changes to Hedorah. Now it changes to poop. Interesting.

...Well that's disappointingly not as funny.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

So... this is just a poll run by the TK Twitter? Whats it going to accomplish? What developer would port them? Would Toho approve their license to be ported? Does Atari or Pipeworks still own any part of the games?

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

SG-17 wrote:So... this is just a poll run by the TK Twitter? Whats it going to accomplish? What developer would port them? Would Toho approve their license to be ported? Does Atari or Pipeworks still own any part of the games?
This actually came about because of escalating conversations between myself and someone who worked on Godzilla Unleashed on the Atari end. Currently, it's to see where the interest is. While Atari has their own marketing people, it was a way to let the voice of the fans be heard.

As for Atari and Pipeworks, they both have the backup files for both games.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Chris55 wrote:
SG-17 wrote:So... this is just a poll run by the TK Twitter? Whats it going to accomplish? What developer would port them? Would Toho approve their license to be ported? Does Atari or Pipeworks still own any part of the games?
This actually came about because of escalating conversations between myself and someone who worked on Godzilla Unleashed on the Atari end. Currently, it's to see where the interest is. While Atari has their own marketing people, it was a way to let the voice of the fans be heard.

Like how Bandai creations liked hearing our voice for their line?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, I won't be getting my hopes up until I hear there's some serious talks about it going on and not just "a guy who used to work on the games is curious".

Nevertheless, I'd be down for a PC port of these games, especially if it allows for a good-sized modding community.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Godzillian wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Like how Bandai creations liked hearing our voice for their line?
You're confusing the two. This was just a general poll to see who would be interested. Nothing in the post said it was official. Again, it was just a general poll to gauge interest.

The Bandai poll on TK was posted at Bandai's request for their marketing. Be upset at Bandai for the outcome, not TK.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Chris55 wrote:

Ah, well that makes this much more interesting.

As for Save The Earth and Unleashed on PS2, any possibility of having them released on the PS4 as digital PS2 Classics if a remaster falls through?

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Really trying not to get my hopes up!

So by HD remaster, does that mean the models will get a fixer upper, graphics will look nicer than before, and annoying bugs are fixed?
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Does Atari even have the rights to Godzilla anymore?

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Godzillian wrote:Does Atari even have the rights to Godzilla anymore?
I believe Bandai could have the pipeworks team work for them, then again I don't know too much about this sort of thing.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzillian wrote:Does Atari even have the rights to Godzilla anymore?
They do not. Having the game files =/= having the rights to re-release the games. They would need to obtain the license from Toho again.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

As much as I want this. I wouldn't really bet on it happening as Atari no longer hold the licensing rights to making Godzilla games.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kamilleblu
G-Grasper

Post by kamilleblu »

I would prefer a straight remake of Destroy All Monsters Melee. It was the most solid experience of the bunch. Things in the trilogy got too complicated and messy as time went on. But if an HD remaster is the only option and only one game can be selected, my vote still goes to Destroy All Monsters Melee.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

So there were 1579 votes, 95% voted yes.

Whats the over/under on this? Any thoughts on a PS2 Classic release for STE and Unleashed on the PS4?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SG-17 wrote: Whats the over/under on this? Any thoughts on a PS2 Classic release for STE and Unleashed on the PS4?
IMO there's no reason for a PS2 Unleashed release (unless you meant a PS4 port of the Wii game) but I'd be all for an STE remaster a la War of the Monsters.