'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
UltramanGoji

Re: 'Wishlists,' for the Legend-verse of Godzilla

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think with franchise films like this (especially ones that rely heavily on worldbuilding and such), these kind of "retcons" should be more than welcome. That way, if you dislike the external material, you'll always have the film to follow.

Oh, and the "smark" thing was an inside joke. I meant no harm ;)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So you guys know how I like the idea of King Ghidorah being behind the Last Ice Age extinction to tie to those cave paintings in the post-credits of K:SI. Well to add more to it. I'd like to see that King Ghidorah arrived on earth during the Ice Age through being the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis about 12,900 years ago. ;)

Added in 10 hours 17 minutes 29 seconds:
If Destoroyah does eventually appear in the a future movie and King Ghidorah is still alive after KotM as well as suppose future movies he might appear in. I'd like to see a fight between them with it ending in a stalemate but won't mind if either wins.

Hank Marlow making an brief appearance in GvK at an elderly age (It's still possible considering people can live up to nearly 100 or more) watching Godzilla and King Kong fight on TV saying "My boy Kong has sure grown up. Go get that reptile, he maybe a king but you're a god, the Iwi's didn't call you that for nothing".
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So you guys know how I like the idea of King Ghidorah being behind the Last Ice Age extinction to tie to those cave paintings in the post-credits of K:SI. Well to add more to it. I'd like to see that King Ghidorah arrived on earth during the Ice Age through being the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis about 12,900 years ago. ;)

Added in 10 hours 17 minutes 29 seconds:
If Destoroyah does eventually appear in the a future movie and King Ghidorah is still alive after KotM as well as suppose future movies he might appear in. I'd like to see a fight between them with it ending in a stalemate but won't mind if either wins.

Hank Marlow making an brief appearance in GvK at an elderly age (It's still possible considering people can live up to nearly 100 or more) watching Godzilla and King Kong fight on TV saying "My boy Kong has sure grown up. Go get that reptile, he maybe a king but you're a god, the Iwi's didn't call you that for nothing".
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Uh we're you trying to tell me something? :eh:

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

For Kong to stab Godzilla with the top/needle of the Empire State Building!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Uh we're you trying to tell me something? :eh:
Lol so sorry I have no idea what happened there, I was using the computer in my class so I guess that messed it up.

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Hank Marlow making an brief appearance in GvK at an elderly age (It's still possible considering people can live up to nearly 100 or more) watching Godzilla and King Kong fight on TV saying "My boy Kong has sure grown up. Go get that reptile, he maybe a king but you're a god, the Iwi's didn't call you that for nothing".
What I was saying was that I really really love this idea! I want to hear a line like this said by Marlow, or where he sees everyone saying "what's a king to a god" and because he is/may be the only person who believes Kong stands a chance against Godzilla he could smirk and say "what's a god to a nonbeliever". That'd be great because the movie would be shutting down those taglines as seen in places where people think (guhdtZIlla destROys!!1) and the audience will know that Kong is going to stand a chance against Godzilla and that he can possibly win, we wouldn't know. Both creatures would be shown as equals, 50/50, no one can tell who's gonna win.
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KingKong2005 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Uh we're you trying to tell me something? :eh:
Lol so sorry I have no idea what happened there, I was using the computer in my class so I guess that messed it up.

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Hank Marlow making an brief appearance in GvK at an elderly age (It's still possible considering people can live up to nearly 100 or more) watching Godzilla and King Kong fight on TV saying "My boy Kong has sure grown up. Go get that reptile, he maybe a king but you're a god, the Iwi's didn't call you that for nothing".
What I was saying was that I really really love this idea! I want to hear a line like this said by Marlow, or where he sees everyone saying "what's a king to a god" and because he is/may be the only person who believes Kong stands a chance against Godzilla he could smirk and say "what's a god to a nonbeliever". That'd be great because the movie would be shutting down those taglines as seen in places where people think (guhdtZIlla destROys!!1) and the audience will know that Kong is going to stand a chance against Godzilla and that he can possibly win, we wouldn't know. Both creatures would be shown as equals, 50/50, no one can tell who's gonna win.
Ah I see, no worries then, it happens. :lol:

And thanks about the Hank thing. Glad someone other then me wants to see that happen. :)

Added in 22 hours 51 minutes 46 seconds:
I'd be my dream for both Jordan Vogt-Roberts and Michael Dougherty to be writers for Godzilla vs. King Kong.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So you guys know how I like the idea of King Ghidorah being behind the Last Ice Age extinction to tie to those cave paintings in the post-credits of K:SI. Well to add more to it. I'd like to see that King Ghidorah arrived on earth during the Ice Age through being the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis about 12,900 years ago. ;)
What about the Tunguska event? It seems like something that would fit perfectly with your ideas for King Ghidorah.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:What about the Tunguska event? It seems like something that would fit perfectly with your ideas for King Ghidorah.
Hmmm never thought about that. Since I got King Ghidorah covered for the Permian extinction event and Last Ice Age extinction. That could be given to Desghidorah since I'm making a list of future potential MonsterVerse movies if it is to ever expand pass 2020.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Isn’t it confirmed that Ghidorah will emerge from within the ice-sheets of Antarctica?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

LegendZilla wrote:^Isn’t it confirmed that Ghidorah will emerge from within the ice-sheets of Antarctica?
No, only that he is entombed there. its possible he may burrow or swim elsewhere
Last edited by RamshackleRanger on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LegendZilla wrote:^Isn’t it confirmed that Ghidorah will emerge from within the ice-sheets of Antarctica?
Well there's a reason he was trapped there was there not? Based on the cave paintings. Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan likely defeated him in Antarctica which their battle eventually brought them to and perhaps during the fight King Ghidorah was buried by an avalanche which the three supposedly then thought he was killed and then parted their ways.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

123go
Samurai

Post by 123go »

Wishlist? How about a clear Godzilla win over Kong. That would be perfect. The big G is number 1. So keep him #1.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

123go wrote:Wishlist? How about a clear Kong win over Godzilla. That would be perfect. Kong was always number 1. So keep him #1.
There's my wish!

If we were to get more movies after 2020, who would want to see more mammalian kaiju like King Caesar? That'd be incredibly unique imho!
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KingKong2005 wrote:There's my wish!

If we were to get more movies after 2020, who would want to see more mammalian kaiju like King Caesar? That'd be incredibly unique imho!
Agreed. On top of King Caesar. I'd also want to see a Yeti based counterpart of King Kong, bear type kaiju and a saber-toothed cat type kaiju for that matter too.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:There's my wish!

Agreed. On top of King Caesar. I'd also want to see a Yeti based counterpart of King Kong, bear type kaiju and a saber-toothed cat type kaiju for that matter too.
God I really love all your ideas!! :D The sabertooth would be a cool callback to the tigers that didn't appear in Kong: Skull Island
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KingKong2005 wrote:God I really love all your ideas!! :D The sabertooth would be a cool callback to the tigers that didn't appear in Kong: Skull Island
I was bummed the tiger didn't make the cut. That would've been an nice addition. Thought a saber-toothed cat kaiju would be a cooler idea considering their appearance as well as Skull Island's theme of being a land lost in time.

Added in 1 day 5 hours 11 minutes 47 seconds:
I said this before but I'd love for there to be a humorous scene where a Skull Crawler attempts to attack Godzilla only for him to swat it away like a bug before proceeding. :lol:

It'd also be a nice little throwback to Cole's attempted sacrifice seen in Kong: Skull Island.

Added in 7 days 3 minutes 3 seconds:
If the Loch Ness Monster were to be introduced into the MonsterVerse especially with its own solo movie set in it. One idea I had in mind is Nessie or his/her species are native monsters from the hollow earth but there's a tunnel that connects the hollow earth and the Loch hence allowing him/her/them to go back and forth whenever and also explaining why there aren't that many sightings.

Added in 2 days 18 hours 22 minutes 8 seconds:
If there happens to be an doomsday scenario involving King Ghidorah in KotM to highlight his destroyer of worlds status. They should have it be revealed he was responsible for all of earth's five mass extinctions and is awakening once again to cause the 6th which is modern civilization and modern animals.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

MORE FIGURES!
How in the world we only have two articulated Godzillas and a Kong line which doesn't even try to match in scale?
I'm crossing my fingers for some NECA (or SHMA, whatever) figures of the three kaiju in KoTM and a two-pack of Godzilla and Kong in 2020.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Destorogoji wrote:MORE FIGURES!
How in the world we only have two articulated Godzillas and a Kong line which doesn't even try to match in scale?
I'm crossing my fingers for some NECA (or SHMA, whatever) figures of the three kaiju in KoTM and a two-pack of Godzilla and Kong in 2020.
NECA isn’t doing the KOTM kaiju.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

If and I do mean if Legendary does happen to do their own take on the Loch Ness Monster and its movie set in the MonsterVerse. The idea plot I'd like to see with it is being set in the 70's like Kong: Skull Island with Conrad, Weaver, Brooks and Lin going to Loch Ness to find out about Nessie as the former two's first mission working for Monarch