Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Hellbender93
Ronin

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters REDUX

Post by Hellbender93 »

This is incredible! That Shin Godzilla sprite deserves high praise.

A few suggestions off the top of my head.

1. Legendary Godzilla would be a cool character, though I'm assuming he'd have to be made from scratch. Still, would be fun to have battles between him and Shin.

2. If you're going to include SpaceG92's Bagan, it would be pretty cool to fight him at the Diet Building like his original battle. Would also be cool to include his boss theme from Super Godzilla for this stage. There's also a lot of custom Bagan sound videos floating around Youtube if you want roars for him that fit in better with the rest of the cast.

Well, that's all I have for the moment. Can't wait to see where this goes!

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

If there is one complaint I have though, The sprites are a little too small for my liking, but that's about it. ...and my poor eyesight doesn't exactly help matters. lol.
Its interesting that you bring this up. Assuming you're talking about the sprites being rendered in game, this was an issue which I was not sure how to approach, so I just went with a 3x scale. Tried 4x, but the sprites rendered at that scale look too pixely and blocky imo. Not sure what the general consensus would be though. Also tried interpolation to smooth the blockiness out, but that really didn't help much. Made it blurry and can even be harmful to your eyes.

4x, no interpolation (random snippet from original game):
Spoiler:
4x, interpolation:
Spoiler:
The scaling issue is not off the table but 3x is the preferred scale at the moment. If you meant the original sprites, then I agree with you in that slightly bigger sprites would have been better. But I suppose the small size has its advantages.

@Hellbender93:
Thanks man! Happy to read that Shin is on par with expectations. Also:
1. Legendary Godzilla would be a cool character, though I'm assuming he'd have to be made from scratch. Still, would be fun to have battles between him and Shin.
Indeed, 100% agreed. But, I'd like to ideally have 2019 be the replacement. I might be mistaken, but if memory serves, there was a brief shot of him somewhere and it looked quite similar to the 2014 design. I assume they'll both be virtually the same but 2019 will have somewhat of an updated look. If the designs stray too far off from one another, then I'd definitely do them both separately.
2. If you're going to include SpaceG92's Bagan, it would be pretty cool to fight him at the Diet Building like his original battle. Would also be cool to include his boss theme from Super Godzilla for this stage. There's also a lot of custom Bagan sound videos floating around Youtube if you want roars for him that fit in better with the rest of the cast.
Ah yes, Bagan is surely a worthwhile entry and SpaceG92's Bagan looks amazing. Using the contextual settings from Super Godzilla is definitely a great idea. Both him (provided I am able to secure SpaceG92's permission) and G-2017 will quite likely feature together within the same update in the near future and as a different class of boss characters.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Zarm wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Why is GINO so much larger than Godzilla?
Assuming it's Final Wars Zilla, who is 90 meters, and original Heisei Godzilla (pre-recharge) at 80 meters, it's about right. Or GINO (60 meters) and one of the Millennium Godzillas (50-55 meters). Either way, the height fits.
The original GDAMM, which used Heisei Godzilla did not make him any bigger than the Showa monsters that were featured in the game.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

LegendZilla wrote:
Zarm wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Why is GINO so much larger than Godzilla?
Assuming it's Final Wars Zilla, who is 90 meters, and original Heisei Godzilla (pre-recharge) at 80 meters, it's about right. Or GINO (60 meters) and one of the Millennium Godzillas (50-55 meters). Either way, the height fits.
The original GDAMM, which used Heisei Godzilla did not make him any bigger than the Showa monsters that were featured in the game.
I wouldn't know anything about that. :) I was just offering a rationale as the the reason for the height difference.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Hellbender93
Ronin

Post by Hellbender93 »

NoName wrote:
@Hellbender93:
Thanks man! Happy to read that Shin is on par with expectations. Also:
Indeed, 100% agreed. But, I'd like to ideally have 2019 be the replacement. I might be mistaken, but if memory serves, there was a brief shot of him somewhere and it looked quite similar to the 2014 design. I assume they'll both be virtually the same but 2019 will have somewhat of an updated look. If the designs stray too far off from one another, then I'd definitely do them both separately.
Ah yes, Bagan is surely a worthwhile entry and SpaceG92's Bagan looks amazing. Using the contextual settings from Super Godzilla is definitely a great idea. Both him (provided I am able to secure SpaceG92's permission) and G-2017 will quite likely feature together within the same update in the near future and as a different class of boss characters.

2019 would definitely be an interesting choice. Though, it would be cool to see some of 2014's moves incorporated. His move where he shoots his breath down the female MUTO's throat would be a nice grappling attack, and he could shove foes around as a sort of dash attack.

As for Bagan, here's an orchestral mix of his theme that I think fits in better with the rest of the music currently in the game, you'd need to get the creator's permission to use it of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BqfQYGmhQQ

EDIT: 2017 would definitely be cool, but also definitely a challenge given what you've said about model size. G 2017 is over three times the size of most of the character, so a different approach may be needed to make a visually pleasing model. Other than that, I could see his stage being either the future Earth he rules over, or for a simpler approach, the airport he attacks in the trailer. His Servum and force field would definitely be interesting moves for his to have.

Also, do you have any plans of including Super Godzilla? I think there are some fan made sprites of him floating around.
Last edited by Hellbender93 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

2019 would definitely be an interesting choice. Though, it would be cool to see some of 2014's moves incorporated. His move where he shoots his breath down the female MUTO's throat would be a nice grappling attack, and he could shove foes around as a sort of dash attack.
I forgot to mention this. Saying 2019 would be the absolute replacement is inaccurate. Rather, he would be the "dominant" replacement. This means that the character will essentially be 2019 at the core but, as you've suggested, will incorporate any moves that 2019 doesn't perform, such as the ones you've listed above. As an example, this is essentially what has been done with Anguirus right now whose dominant is the Showa version, but incorporates at least one move from the FW version, i.e., the Thunder Ball attack.
As for Bagan, here's an orchestral mix of his theme that I think fits in better with the rest of the music currently in the game, you'd need to get the creator's permission to use it of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BqfQYGmhQQ
Awww yeah! When the time comes...
Hope author's permission will not be an issue.
EDIT: 2017 would definitely be cool, but also definitely a challenge given what you've said about model size. G 2017 is over three times the size of most of the character, so a different approach may be needed to make a visually pleasing model. Other than that, I could see his stage being either the future Earth he rules over, or for a simpler approach, the airport he attacks in the trailer. His Servum and force field would definitely be interesting moves for his to have.
The size aspect is the only thing that prevents me from locking him into the next update's roster. Guy will need a lot of planning for sure, and the future will definitely be his battle ground.
Also, do you have any plans of including Super Godzilla? I think there are some fan made sprites of him floating around.
Admittedly, Super Godzilla is the most iffy character I can think of. Not out of the table completely, but kind of hanging around as a concept mostly. Maybe after Space Godzilla is done.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Hope to se mah man Jet Jaguar join the roster at some point.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

GodzillaFreak99 wrote:Hope to se mah man Jet Jaguar join the roster at some point.
There is this, but it just needs some fixing up and it should be good to go. :D
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Can we get controller support? I don't wanna break my friend's keyboard while pulling off Godzilla's Nuclear Pulse.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Controller support will be added. Probably at the same time as the 2-player vs mode.

SuperBurningGodzilla
Yojimbo

Post by SuperBurningGodzilla »

I can't wait to see this finished, looks really great!
May I suggest the inclusion of Godzilla 2000?
Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Thank you SuperBurningGodzilla.

G2K is included in the character pipeline and will be made, though a bit later.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

January - February 2018 progress update.

. Basic "fishbone" style framework of destructible buildings (damage to individual blocks, toppling and sinking) in combat lane done. Added to MG, SMG, Anguirus and Gigan stage currently.

. Zilla sprites completed. DesGhidorah in progress:

@Ultimate Ditto:

If you're reading this, I came across a Gabara sprite sheet with your name listed as the creator. Since you've granted permission according to the text in the file, I'd like to put this forward. If you can make two adjustments to the sprite sheet, namely (a) removal of the shadows and (b) increasing the size/height so that the Gabara sprite's eye level matches at least the MG74 sprite's eye level, I can finish the sheet to make it "DAMR-standardized" (meaning adding the movements that all other characters have such as roar, winning, an additional grab attack etc.), make additional adjustments to it, and should be able to add him into the next release.

As usual, credit is guaranteed. Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Desghidorah is looking pretty damn good! Nice to read that Zilla is done. :)

Yes that is me that made those Gabara sprites, hopefully tomorrow I can get rid of the shadows and upscale the sprites to match Mecha G! Happy to hear my sprite work can possibly be used for something so frigging cool! :thumbsup:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Great!

Looking forward to the sheet. Would be cool to have a monster as strange and uncommon as Gabs in the roster imo. :D
Last edited by _MHG_ on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

i got rid of the shadow, the hard part is trying to keep the sprites consistent when resizing them in photoshop. Trying to figure it out. :P

I ♡ Image

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

March - April 2018 progress update.

. DesGhidorah about half-way done.
. Some more stage work done.
. Once DesGhidorah is completed, Moguera is next:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Moguera looks impressive.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^ Thank yuh. Was gonna post Land Moguera and Star Falcon also but I haven't worked out how best to make use of their detachment in-game yet.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I c how your making these characters now! I thought those sprite poses looked familiar! Especially that Death Ghidorah is unmistakable.

Seriously shaping up some fantastic art assets!
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.