What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by Ryguy »

Condolences, SG. It's no fun being in the hospital

As for Star Wars spoilers, I would certainly like to avoid them at all costs. But if I do get spoiled, I'm not going to be too angry. Now Infinity War is a different story: if any jackass decides to spoil anything from that movie for me, torches will be lit
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Should have been done at work three hours ago, but I have been waiting to do a color correction pass on a cut, and the producer and editor have been working late. They just handed the cut over.

About twenty minutes ago, the boss texted and asked me if I'd been able to explain to the night assist how to do the color pass. He had no idea I was staying late to do it myself, apparently.

So I get to come in late tomorrow, but... my wife is dropping me off, and she has a doctor's appointment she has to make, so while I do get to come in late, I only get to come in one hour late, when by the time I leave tonight I'm sure I will have been here over 4 hours past the end of my shift.

Ugh.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I Wouldn’t say being spoiled about The Last Jedi is what made me upset, what really ruined my day was the plot itself. I’m a huge Star Wars fan, I know basically everything from legends to current canon, and the series itself is a huge influence as to why I want to be a film maker, which I’m currently going to college for. But this plot, what this film does to the characters is a disgrace. If I continue, I might spoil something so I’ll just end it here and just say that this is probably the first time I’ve actually disliked a SW film, and that’s saying a lot.
:terrestris:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

eabaker wrote:Should have been done at work three hours ago, but I have been waiting to do a color correction pass on a cut, and the producer and editor have been working late. They just handed the cut over.

About twenty minutes ago, the boss texted and asked me if I'd been able to explain to the night assist how to do the color pass. He had no idea I was staying late to do it myself, apparently.

So I get to come in late tomorrow, but... my wife is dropping me off, and she has a doctor's appointment she has to make, so while I do get to come in late, I only get to come in one hour late, when by the time I leave tonight I'm sure I will have been here over 4 hours past the end of my shift.

Ugh.
Uber or lyft then

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

My wife had to go to the ER, cuz her knee gave out, so now she has to wear an immobilizer and use crutches to get around for a while. And I think I have the flu. Good times 'round here... :|

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

MandaSaurus wrote:My wife had to go to the ER, cuz her knee gave out, so now she has to wear an immobilizer and use crutches to get around for a while. And I think I have the flu. Good times 'round here... :|
Sounds terrible. Hope you and your wife get better soon.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

MandaSaurus wrote:My wife had to go to the ER, cuz her knee gave out, so now she has to wear an immobilizer and use crutches to get around for a while. And I think I have the flu. Good times 'round here... :|
Holy carp, sorry man.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Best wishes out to you and your wife man.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

You and yours are in my thoughts, my friend.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Havoks wrote:I Wouldn’t say being spoiled about The Last Jedi is what made me upset, what really ruined my day was the plot itself. I’m a huge Star Wars fan, I know basically everything from legends to current canon, and the series itself is a huge influence as to why I want to be a film maker, which I’m currently going to college for. But this plot, what this film does to the characters is a disgrace. If I continue, I might spoil something so I’ll just end it here and just say that this is probably the first time I’ve actually disliked a SW film, and that’s saying a lot.
I definitely don't want to be spoiled, but I can say that as someone similar (I'm re-reading the Hand of Thrawn duology right now), you are very much articulating my non-spoiled fears toward TLJ. One thing that I haven't been able to get out of my head when reading through Legends, much as I'm only re-reading the Batman era and so deeply cherish it... I can't NOT remember the horrible things that will be done to all these characters in NJO and beyond. Even if I try to ignore it, that's always going to be in the back of my head, retroactively tainting the experience of what came before with the knowledge of where they eventually took it.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Went outside to get the chickens out of the yard. I noticed they were following me so I decided to lead them on a merry jaunt far from the yard before doubling back to the yard and closing the gate before they could get back in. I just rounded the corner of the truck when the rooster rammed into me like a comet. He made a few strikes which I tried to parry by kicking him before grabbing a stick and preparing to beat the dust fro his feathers. The stick broke midair on the first swing, so I made for the garden shed for the shovel and ran the rooster a few laps around the garden, all the while using vocabulary somewhere between Yiddish and Klingon.
I'm still a little rattled.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Godzillian wrote:
eabaker wrote:Should have been done at work three hours ago, but I have been waiting to do a color correction pass on a cut, and the producer and editor have been working late. They just handed the cut over.

Ugh.
Uber or lyft then
No way I could justify the expense of using one of those to get from the Valley to downtown LA.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Well this happened last week, but I got to thinking about it again today. Long story short:

My mom is in liver failure. The chemotherapy and medication she's been taking on and off for 10 years, destroyed her body. There's nothing more doctor's can do. She's gonna have hospice service at her house, nurse will come once a week. She's doing ok right now, not in any pain or suffering, but it's a thing now.

It was such a good day that day too. It snowed in where I lived, and it hadn't done so since 1985, it was cool. I ordered some pizza, was watching Fraiser, and then I got the news.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Well this happened last week, but I got to thinking about it again today. Long story short:

My mom is in liver failure. The chemotherapy and medication she's been taking on and off for 10 years, destroyed her body. There's nothing more doctor's can do. She's gonna have hospice service at her house, nurse will come once a week. She's doing ok right now, not in any pain or suffering, but it's a thing now.

It was such a good day that day too. It snowed in where I lived, and it hadn't done so since 1985, it was cool. I ordered some pizza, was watching Fraiser, and then I got the news.
All my sympathy. Had to go through this process with my dad a couple of years ago, then with my mother-in-law a few months after that.

I hope you can get some quality time with her, during the time she has left. And I hope you have a good support system in place.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Well this happened last week, but I got to thinking about it again today. Long story short:

Very sorry to hear that. I've been through what you are about to. Make her comfortable.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Thanks guys, I appreciate your words. The real unfortunate part is that my mom is in Arizona, and I'm in Texas. My brother and sister are there with her though. I had thought about visiting soon, but my mom urges me to stay put and stick to my plan of visiting in February. She says if she starts to feel any different, she will call me and get me on a plane.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Thanks guys, I appreciate your words. The real unfortunate part is that my mom is in Arizona, and I'm in Texas. My brother and sister are there with her though. I had thought about visiting soon, but my mom urges me to stay put and stick to my plan of visiting in February. She says if she starts to feel any different, she will call me and get me on a plane.
That's how it was for us when my dad was going. My folks were in Oregon, I was in California, and I had a trip planned a couple of months later; he didn't want me to make a special trip up there, I think because that would have made him feel more like it was the end. Thank God I flew up when I did, though; he took a bad turn a couple of days before I was headed up. I arrived on a Sunday, and originally I was scheduled to fly back that Wednesday, but because he was so near the end, I cancelled my flight; he passed away that Friday, and was able to have my mother, myself and my wife (whom he loved like a daughter) in the room with him.

Not sure where I'm going with this, or if I even have a particular point, beyond: this is a tough thing, but you can deal with it, and, yeah, be ready to go at a moment's notice.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Realizing I've gone back to being a 3X shirt size....I can't WAIT to get back to the gym next year....
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Maritonic wrote:Realizing I've gone back to being a 3X shirt size....I can't WAIT to get back to the gym next year....
If you feel like you have eaten too much or just a bit clogged, put one tea bag in a water bottle and let it steep, then drink. Cleans out your system, try to drink it daily.

There is also Quinoa, that helps too. :D
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

^ You realize that tea is just a laxative, right? Doesn't help with weight loss at all.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple