GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Post by Cybermat47 »

Godzillian wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Skreeonk, that's better than what I expected! Thanks for the info.
Need anyone else? I got a list of the kaiju, updated from this very thread, just name a kaiju and I can try to sate your curiosity.
Dogora

Dogora attacked England in 2002, and was responsible for 3,900 casualties.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Godzillian wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Skreeonk, that's better than what I expected! Thanks for the info.
Need anyone else? I got a list of the kaiju, updated from this very thread, just name a kaiju and I can try to sate your curiosity.
Dogora
Dogora was the second kaiju to appear on Earth. It first made contact with the Russian space station Mir in the atmosphere, then appeared over London in September 2002. Dogora absorbed thermal energy from the attacks of the British military and moved on to Manchester. Dogora was eventually defeated when chemical plants throughout the United Kingdom and European Union mass-produced chemicals containing active ingredients from spider venom and sprayed them into the air. By the time Dogora was defeated after two days, major landmarks such as the Tower of London and Big Ben were destroyed and an estimated 3.9 million people were wounded or killed.
Cybermat47 wrote:Dogora attacked England in 2002, and was responsible for 3,900 casualties.
Not even the half of it. Read above.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Are there any brave fans who are trying to translate this into English? I doubt its getting a official US release.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Not even the half of it. Read above.
Thanks, was wondering if the book expanded on what we already knew.

What does the book say about Gabara, Jet Jaguar, and the Satsuma?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Cybermat47 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: Not even the half of it. Read above.
Thanks, was wondering if the book expanded on what we already knew.

What does the book say about Gabara, Jet Jaguar, and the Satsuma?
Gabara was a 10 meter-long monster that lived in the Amazon rainforest and frequently slaughtered local wildlife. It was reported to have been injured in a thermite explosion and then fell into a river, where it was eaten by crocodiles and piranhas.

Jet Jaguar isn't IN the novel, the G-Force did have battle armor basically called Type-38 Mobile Combat Uniform 'Jaguar J'.

The Satsuma is mentioned to be utilized against a kaiju, but doesn't say which one.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Jet Jaguar isn't IN the novel, the G-Force did have battle armor basically called Type-38 Mobile Combat Uniform 'Jaguar J'.
Now that's a pretty awesome concept.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Need anyone else? I got a list of the kaiju, updated from this very thread, just name a kaiju and I can try to sate your curiosity.
If you don't mind, what about Megaguirus?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Each of these kaiju attacks sounds epic, they'd make great movies on their own, especially the Dagahra one

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: Need anyone else? I got a list of the kaiju, updated from this very thread, just name a kaiju and I can try to sate your curiosity.
If you don't mind, what about Megaguirus?
Sadly, Megaguirus is only mentioned, no mention of when she appears, none about where she attacks. Just a name drop.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Any mention of titanosaurus or anguirus?

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

There are at least four Anguirus in this continuity, but only three are ever mentioned. Anguirus I appeared from Siberia in 2005 and attacked Beijing along with Rodan, but they were both killed by Hedorah. Anguirus II appeared in South Africa one year later, no mention of his fate. Anguirus IV appeared from the ocean in Los Angeles in 2030 alongside Baragon II and Varan II, only for all three to be quickly killed by Godzilla.

From what I've gathered Titanosaurus is not included.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Really wish this was a manga instead of a novel, at least that way nonjapanese speaking fans could enjoy it. Oh well, such is life.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Any mention of titanosaurus or anguirus?
Titanosaurus is not included at all, and King gave the accurate Anguirus update.

Ghidrah23
Ronin

Post by Ghidrah23 »

AbudJasemAlBaldawi wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:After reading all of this, I gotta say this is one of the most terrifying apocalypses I’ve seen in fiction. I would love to see this adapted into a manga or brief anime series.
I still don't know how Maguma destroyed North Korea. Is this supposed to be a joke or something?

Added in 1 minute 23 seconds:
Andrew the Gojifan wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:Just had my question answered about Godzilla and how he
Spoiler:
kills other monsters. Apparently, Kamoebas's corpse washes ashore on Odo Island. At some point, Anguirus, Baragon, and Varan arrive, but they're notably wounded. It's revealed--quite dramatically when Varan is blasted by atomic breath and killed--that Godzilla was responsible for their injuries.
Also, about Godzilla's feats...
Spoiler:
He is O.P. as skreeonk in true anime fashion. Godzilla is hit with 150 nuclear bombs (not sure if this is a typo), and of course survives. He ends up destroying Los Angeles with a few blasts from his atomic breath. "One or two." His power is so destructive that the POTUS kills himself.
R.I.P Varan. Btw could the list be updated with the fates of the kaiju? Just a short "killed by Godzilla" would do.
Also, 150 nukes?! What the skreeonk?! Heisei Goji would have melted down like 10 times over!
"One or two"......

Added in 39 minutes 13 seconds:
Now I'm thinking of a crossover manga series about these kaiju mentioned here appearing in Attack on Titan universe. I bet they (the human, of course) won't last long

Added in 29 seconds:
Now I'm thinking of a crossover manga series about these kaiju mentioned here appearing in Attack on Titan universe. I bet they (the human, of course) won't last long

Added in 3 hours 56 minutes 18 seconds:
GigaBowserG wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Does Godzilla have any interaction with Zilla or do they explain where the name comes from?

So, Zilla might be a plant based life?

Same with Orga and Biollante?
Haven't looked into Orga or Biollante. However, I think the Zilla name came about due to its resemblance to Godzilla. The person being interviewed remarked how they weren't sure if Zilla was related to Godzilla or not, and that scholars should look into it.

There is a note at the end of the chapter that says that a theory does exist that says how Zilla could possibly be a similar species to Godzilla, but no conclusion has been reached yet.
1: How big is Zilla (if it's mentioned)?

2: Does Zilla have any armor?
1) No mention. I'm guessing they made him around the 40~50 meter scale, since he's described as being smaller than Godzilla.

2) No. One's taken out pretty easily by Maser cannons and rail guns.
Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
GigaBowserG wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Does Godzilla have any interaction with Zilla or do they explain where the name comes from?

Same with Orga and Biollante?
Haven't looked into Orga or Biollante. However, I think the Zilla name came about due to its resemblance to Godzilla. The person being interviewed remarked how they weren't sure if Zilla was related to Godzilla or not, and that scholars should look into it.

There is a note at the end of the chapter that says that a theory does exist that says how Zilla could possibly be a similar species to Godzilla, but no conclusion has been reached yet.
1: How big is Zilla (if it's mentioned)?

2: Does Zilla have any armor?
1) No mention. I'm guessing they made him around the 40~50 meter scale, since he's described as being smaller than Godzilla.

2) No. One's taken out pretty easily by Maser cannons and rail guns.
So, Zilla might be a plant based life?
Last edited by Ghidrah23 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Oh he wasn't hit with 150. No no
Spoiler:
He was hit with 2,000, in an effort to trap him in the Earth.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

That's insane!
. . .

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

There’s no kill like overkill.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

TyrantGojira wrote:There’s no kill like overkill.
And that overkill was completely ineffective in the end. :lol:
Last edited by Dracosaurian on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

Neat . . . sounds like they attempted to use them, not to kill him, but to quickly dig a hole out under him.

I like that. I like that a lot.
Last edited by Shin Gabara on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . .

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Ghidrah23 wrote:I still don't know how Maguma destroyed North Korea. Is this supposed to be a joke or something?
It’s pretty simple. Half of the North Korean military dies due to disease and starvation, while the other half takes the opportunity to defect.

It’s a shame that Pulgasari didn’t attack them, though :(