The Soul of Chogokin thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: The Soul of Chogokin thread

Post by Petezilla »

Does that mean it's to be paired with the 6“ scale Megazord OR to go with that huge transforming one from Tamashii...? If the latter: pass. If the former: instant pre-order!
Size DOES matter!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Petezilla wrote:Does that mean it's to be paired with the 6“ scale Megazord OR to go with that huge transforming one from Tamashii...? If the latter: pass. If the former: instant pre-order!
It's the latter.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

So SOC Daizyujin is pretty awesome, but I don't think he is $300 awesome. I'm glad I only paid $180 for him. Don't get me wrong, the details on this thing are amazing. I love how show accurate the individual dinosaurs are. The articulation on them is pretty great and I absolutely love Tyrannosaurus. In addition, I'm pretty impressed with how they did Triceratops with the tank treads that come out and the horns with the chains attached. That is some really nice detail.

I do think the tank mode is a little overly complicated, but god damn the combined for rocks. I do wish the knees could bent a little bit more than they do, but overall, it's wonderful. It is so nice to have a more show accurate set that has sculpted and painted details rather than lame stickers. He is a massive improvement over the Legacy version and the main reason to keep that is for the combined form.

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for Dragon Ceasar, however, like Daizyujin, I will most likely wait for a sale.

Anyway, here are a butt load of pictures:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Do you think that it would be cool to see Soul of Chogokin did the Dairanger zords as well?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:So SOC Daizyujin is pretty awesome, but I don't think he is $300 awesome. I'm glad I only paid $180 for him. Don't get me wrong, the details on this thing are amazing. I love how show accurate the individual dinosaurs are. The articulation on them is pretty great and I absolutely love Tyrannosaurus. In addition, I'm pretty impressed with how they did Triceratops with the tank treads that come out and the horns with the chains attached. That is some really nice detail.

I do think the tank mode is a little overly complicated, but god damn the combined for rocks. I do wish the knees could bent a little bit more than they do, but overall, it's wonderful. It is so nice to have a more show accurate set that has sculpted and painted details rather than lame stickers. He is a massive improvement over the Legacy version and the main reason to keep that is for the combined form.

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for Dragon Ceasar, however, like Daizyujin, I will most likely wait for a sale.

Anyway, here are a butt load of pictures:
It's like Trumps wall but with pictures! Spoiler tag maybe? ? ?

Awesome work though. The comparisons really highlighted the upfront details. +2!
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LegendZilla wrote:^Do you think that it would be cool to see Soul of Chogokin did the Dairanger zords as well?
I'm not sure if Bandai would be able to top the Legacy Thunder Megazord version that just came out. I mean, they probably could add a bit more articulation to Ryuseioh, but not really to the combined form given that the other Kiden Beasts act as armor. If they can make it work though with more atriculation and details, then I'm all for it.

The same goes for a SOC Kakure Dai Shogun. They will probably find a way to improve the arm articulation with the wolf and gorilla, but by how much?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:^Do you think that it would be cool to see Soul of Chogokin did the Dairanger zords as well?
I'm not sure if Bandai would be able to top the Legacy Thunder Megazord version that just came out. I mean, they probably could add a bit more articulation to Ryuseioh, but not really to the combined form given that the other Kiden Beasts act as armor. If they can make it work though with more atriculation and details, then I'm all for it.

The same goes for a SOC Kakure Dai Shogun. They will probably find a way to improve the arm articulation with the wolf and gorilla, but by how much?
improvements that a SOC Dairenoh could have in terms of articulation is that all the Kiden beasts could have jaw articulation and Ryuseioh could be more posible in warrior mode.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Yeah, jaw articulation isn't that big of a deal that would justify paying $300 to me. Ryuseioh, on the other hand, might. Well, maybe not the $300 part, as I don't see myself willing to pay that price for any SOC. That's just too much money for one toy. Either way, if they can get Ryuseioh to be full functional, then I could see myself buying it when Amazon puts it on a half off.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:Yeah, jaw articulation isn't that big of a deal that would justify paying $300 to me. Ryuseioh, on the other hand, might. Well, maybe not the $300 part, as I don't see myself willing to pay that price for any SOC. That's just too much money for one toy. Either way, if they can get Ryuseioh to be full functional, then I could see myself buying it when Amazon puts it on a half off.
Maybe in addition to jaw articulation, perhaps they could add additional wrist and head articulation for Ryuseioh and well as the ability to kneel down.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Those huge Chogokin figure(s) are not really my cup of tea. I own the 6“ Super Robot Chogokin Megazord, though. I would have loved to buy a Dragonzord to go with this one instead... :/
Size DOES matter!

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

The SRC Daizyujin is cool, but it's kind of worthless without anyone else to go with him. I'm not talking about just Dragon Ceasar and King Brachion, but I also wanted Kakure Dai Shogun, Tsubasamaru, Muteki Shogun, Dairen-O, Won Tiger, Ryuuseioh, and Daimuggen in that style.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Petezilla wrote:Those huge Chogokin figure(s) are not really my cup of tea. I own the 6“ Super Robot Chogokin Megazord, though. I would have loved to buy a Dragonzord to go with this one instead... :/
Well...

Wish granted.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

This is 6 inches?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Tempted to pick up the Dragon Zord but already have the legacy version

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Petezilla wrote:Those huge Chogokin figure(s) are not really my cup of tea. I own the 6“ Super Robot Chogokin Megazord, though. I would have loved to buy a Dragonzord to go with this one instead... :/
Well...

(images)

Wish granted.
Unfortunately not for this is goes with the 9“ transformable Megazord from the SOC (Soul of Chogokin) line. I was wishing for a 6“ SRC (Super Robot Chogokin) Dragonzord. Those are two different lines.
Size DOES matter!

THECRAZEBLING
G-Force Personnel

Post by THECRAZEBLING »

Super Robot Chogokins are pretty nifty. They not only have Daizyjin in that line but also Space Emperor GodSigma as well.
My YouTube
Jiragozira14 wrote:Bagan is never. getting. a. toy.
"...that one didn't age quite so well."

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Anyone seen that SOC Crimson Typhoon yet? As SOC Gipsy Danger is $250, I'd hate to see the price tag on that Chinese Jaeger...

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:Anyway, here are a butt load of pictures:
Oh my God. It's so beautiful. :cry:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Rainmaker84
Samurai

Post by Rainmaker84 »

Can't wait for Dragon Caesar & Grendizer. here's some of my Soul of Chogokin collection.
Pictures were taken with old film camera.

Last edited by Rainmaker84 on Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Is the SOC Dragonzord worth getting, if you're not a hardcore Power Rangers collector? Just always wanted a Dragonzord since I was a toy, but I thought it might be better to pay half the amount of the SOC and get the Legacy figure.