GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Nobody expects the Zilla Inquisition!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

TyrantGojira wrote:After reading all of this, I gotta say this is one of the most terrifying apocalypses I’ve seen in fiction. I would love to see this adapted into a manga or brief anime series.
Word i had just the same thought
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Nice they brought Gunhed in for a reference.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

TyrantGojira wrote:After reading all of this, I gotta say this is one of the most terrifying apocalypses I’ve seen in fiction. I would love to see this adapted into a manga or brief anime series.
I'd like that too. (It'd sure beat the Walking Dead.)
Birdman wrote:Nobody expects the Zilla Inquisition!
Fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I've heard whispers that Mothra is hinted at in the novel, but not seen, can anyone else confirm this?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

I was wondering, for those that have read this cool novel, does this new bad ass Zilla have a breath weapon of any kind?

Ideally I would love it to be an acid breath so that Zilla could cut away at an enemy's armor (and countering regeneration) before doing a melee attack (but this is how I would have done it, not knowing what is said in the novel).
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

American Godzilla wrote:I was wondering, for those that have read this cool novel, does this new bad ass Zilla have a breath weapon of any kind?

Ideally I would love it to be an acid breath so that Zilla could cut away at an enemy's armor (and countering regeneration) before doing a melee attack (but this is how I would have done it, not knowing what is said in the novel).
Nope. He's as vanilla as Zilla from GFW. The only exceptional skills it has are its intelligence (using young Zilla to lure military into cities so adult Zilla could attack from the rooftops), and its fertility (one egg or youngling left alive could lead to a whole new colony of Zilla being reproduced).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Does Godzilla have any interaction with Zilla or do they explain where the name comes from?

Same with Orga and Biollante?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

GigaBowserG wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:I was wondering, for those that have read this cool novel, does this new bad ass Zilla have a breath weapon of any kind?

Nope. He's as vanilla as Zilla from GFW. The only exceptional skills it has are its intelligence (using young Zilla to lure military into cities so adult Zilla could attack from the rooftops), and its fertility (one egg or youngling left alive could lead to a whole new colony of Zilla being reproduced).
Thanks for the info! I kind of suspected this would be the case. One more question(s) while you're here...

1: How big is Zilla (if it's mentioned)?

2: Does Zilla have any armor?
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

miguelnuva wrote:Does Godzilla have any interaction with Zilla or do they explain where the name comes from?

Haven't looked into Orga or Biollante. However, I think the Zilla name came about due to its resemblance to Godzilla. The person being interviewed remarked how they weren't sure if Zilla was related to Godzilla or not, and that scholars should look into it.

There is a note at the end of the chapter that says that a theory does exist that says how Zilla could possibly be a similar species to Godzilla, but no conclusion has been reached yet.

1) No mention. I'm guessing they made him around the 40~50 meter scale, since he's described as being smaller than Godzilla.

2) No. One's taken out pretty easily by Maser cannons and rail guns.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

GigaBowserG wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Does Godzilla have any interaction with Zilla or do they explain where the name comes from?

Haven't looked into Orga or Biollante. However, I think the Zilla name came about due to its resemblance to Godzilla. The person being interviewed remarked how they weren't sure if Zilla was related to Godzilla or not, and that scholars should look into it.

There is a note at the end of the chapter that says that a theory does exist that says how Zilla could possibly be a similar species to Godzilla, but no conclusion has been reached yet.

1) No mention. I'm guessing they made him around the 40~50 meter scale, since he's described as being smaller than Godzilla.

2) No. One's taken out pretty easily by Maser cannons and rail guns.
1: Before humans evacuated Earth, Godzilla was 164' tall, so Zilla would be smaller (my guess, in theropod stance Zilla would be 82' tall).

2: Not sure how powerful Maser cannons are, but rail guns I've heard of. I've heard in the modern world they're trying to have the rail gun concept in navy cannons and howitzers... essentially making them about 2x more dangerous (conventional shots are 2x speed of sound, but with rail gun add on it would be 5x speed of sound).

So yeah, Zillas are the "Raptors" of the Kaiju world (to use Dino terminology).

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Again, was there any hint of Mothra? I heard there's reference to Mothra's existence.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Again, was there any hint of Mothra? I heard there's reference to Mothra's existence.
I think someone said her presence is hinted at, like things that feel too much like a coincidence to be just a coincidence, basically a higher power pulling strings behind the scenes but doesn't actually show up. They might be saving her actual appearance for the movies.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

According to accounts I've read of the book, the first Zilla appeared in France roughly around the same time Godzilla was in the area, and the French military killed it believing it was Godzilla. They assumed it was Godzilla because it was described as a bipedal creature with a long tail and spikes on its back. Once they realized it wasn't Godzilla, it was renamed Zilla.

Orga appeared years before Godzilla did, so it's likely they aren't connected. It doesn't sound like there's any description of what Biollante is or where she came from, outside of being "a new species" that appeared in Normandy. It says Moguera defeated her by burrowing into her roots and destroying her heart or something.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

What shocked me is the complete lack of Ghidorah, but he's probably going to be in movie 3, if anything.
They assumed it was Godzilla because it was described as a bipedal creature with a long tail and spikes on its back. Once they realized it wasn't Godzilla, it was renamed Zilla.
To make matters worse, before Mankind leaves the Earth, Gorosaurus waddles his happy ass into France as well.

Also, it's said there's 2 Baragons, but no mention of the First one. :eh:
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I've said this before, but for me it's nice not having Mothra or King Ghidorah. I'm sure Toho would rather wait for them to be shown off in KOTM.

Oh, did Megalon "survive"? I heard he attacked Africa.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I've said this before, but for me it's nice not having Mothra or King Ghidorah. I'm sure Toho would rather wait for them to be shown off in KOTM.

Oh, did Megalon "survive"? I heard he attacked Africa.
Megalon was credited as the monster that caused mankind to lose the continent of Africa. Megalon landed on the west coast of Africa in 2012 and crossed the continent, destroying several small nations along the way. Megalon returned in 2022 and destroyed the Republic of South Africa.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Megalon was credited as the monster that caused mankind to lose the continent of Africa. Megalon landed on the west coast of Africa in 2012 and crossed the continent, destroying several small nations along the way. Megalon returned in 2022 and destroyed the Republic of South Africa.
Skreeonk, that's better than what I expected! Thanks for the info.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote: Megalon was credited as the monster that caused mankind to lose the continent of Africa. Megalon landed on the west coast of Africa in 2012 and crossed the continent, destroying several small nations along the way. Megalon returned in 2022 and destroyed the Republic of South Africa.
Need anyone else? I got a list of the kaiju, updated from this very thread, just name a kaiju and I can try to sate your curiosity.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Need anyone else? I got a list of the kaiju, updated from this very thread, just name a kaiju and I can try to sate your curiosity.
Dogora